BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Happy birthday Faz

Happy 70th Faz. Club legend. Grew up watching him at CB. Also had the pleasure of meeting him and Jim Brannigan in Tenerife when he was England coach. Lovely bloke. But that Jim!! Got my wife pissed on sex on the beach cocktails before he headed to Veronica's. Told me great tales of their time at Rovers and how they got bombed out of York City for their outspoken views of management!

26 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I think it’s also Basil Rathbone’s birthday today, part of the same Kendall back 5 that was almost impenetrable.

Happy birthday to both of them 💙🤍🍻

Did we not go on a club record winning streak that season? Was it something like 14 or15 wins out of 16? Our back 4 of Brannigan, Rathbone, Keeley and Faz were far too good for that league apart from facing Trevor Curran of Sheff Wed who brought that to an end at Ewood in some fashion. Jack Charlton didn't rate us did he because we seemed to win 1-0 every week with Andy Crawford scoring every match. Kendall knew how to win by not conceding. Funny that isn't it. Don't concede and you might win. McKenzie was magical too when he could be arsed to bother!!

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Happy birthday Faz
1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Make sure you listen to this…a real treat

Just listened. Comes across as a real humble self effacing bloke who thought himself lucky not to have to work for a living. Does himself down a bit on his ability as a footballer. Spoke like that when I met him. Be one of those Faz in the Cav on Saturday night with Simons Garner and Barker

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ossyian said:

Just listened. Comes across as a real humble self effacing bloke who thought himself lucky not to have to work for a living. Does himself down a bit on his ability as a footballer. Spoke like that when I met him. Be one of those Faz in the Cav on Saturday night with Simons Garner and Barker

Met them and all the team in the dressing room pre match v Carlisle in 1984, all had the time to chat, photos etc etc. Good days.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Was Exeter City who interrupted the run with a draw and ended it with defeat.

Yes remember that now, Exeter City were going well at the time at the top end of the division. Also mistakenly called Curran Trevor instead of Terry. Some player he was at Sheff Wed for a season or 2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ossyian said:

Yes remember that now, Exeter City were going well at the time at the top end of the division. Also mistakenly called Curran Trevor instead of Terry. Some player he was at Sheff Wed for a season or 2

There’s a Facebook page devoted to 80s football which several ex pros contribute to, including Terry.

Had some really good chats with Micky Speight, who also turned 70 recently. Loved his time at Ewood.