BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Styles price will be dictated by the level of interest in him.If we are the only show in town putting the bids in then we should get a good deal but if the reports are true that Ismael is keen on him joining Besiktas then it could be tough going and his fee and wages may be too much for us .

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Given we've lost two in JPVH and Lenihan , id say his guess is pretty good

I'm no Nickoteen and think he is arrogant but to be fair to him he has got quite a few deals right across the football league this summer.

Even ourselves he was the first in the media to report our interest in Davies and Anel.And he was the first the other day to break the Brittain story.

From what I can see Sharpe and the lancs live fella are getting their stories from his Twitter feed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phili said:

Transfer fees is not the issue, transfer budget is £6-9m plus can be increased if a special case comes along.

The issue is can we get them all in our wage budget. So far we are going after players who are on comfortably less than £5k a week at present club so are more than likely going to be ok on £10k or so here.

And Lingard is on £200,000 a week at Forest! Makes the Premier League seem so far away.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What, as well as a CB in the 3 million ish range like we've been looking at?

I imagine Bowler would be that 'special' signing Waggot spoke about where the budget could be stretched.

It was aimed at Anel Ahmedhodzic and I assume Ben Davies. I'd look to loan in a CB now if the money is being spent on Styles and Bowler. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Given we've lost two in JPVH and Lenihan , id say his guess is pretty good

But we've gained one back in Carter (he has to play). 

If they're high on Barnes he has to be factored in too (he's also 21, so it's sink or swim time for him), and obviously we have Phillips in the mix. 

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I suspect our summer spending (setting myself up here) will be £10 million, 

Another point i will make, is that includes loan fees, sadly they dont loan players for free.

Don't worry, I won't hold you to that...I'm sure others will though haha!

Is that because Swag said 10 mill was left over from Armstrong in Jan that was barely touched? 800k for Markanday and Hedges would put it to 9.2, and didn't he say some of it would now be absorbed into the FFP shortfall? So personally I'd expect no more than 8 of that to be available at best (probably optimistic tbh given how much we like to swallow up unspent transfer funds). Or...we are spending some of the Brereton money in advance.

Probably keep a mill or so of that free for loan fees like you say 

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd look to loan in a CB now if the money is being spent on Styles and Bowler. 

Plenty of solid loan options for centre-back, but you'd have to question whether they're much better than Carter, who's proven himself against men on two impressive loans himself.

I imagine Bowler would be that 'special' signing Waggot spoke about where the budget could be stretched.

It was aimed at Anel Ahmedhodzic and I assume Ben Davies. I'd look to loan in a CB now if the money is being spent on Styles and Bowler. 

True, I really wouldn't want us to only loan a CB this summer though, think it's essential we get at least one in permanently, especially whilst there is money. Might be the only chance to spend a decent amount on a CB we ever get!! 

5 minutes ago, phili said:

I wouldn't rule out JPVH signing permanently by the end of the window.

Shut up.

Brittain, Bowler, Styles and Van Hecke would be ridiculous business (but right in line with the 4/5 quality First XI additions, with the rest of the squad being filled out by Academy players plan) - I'm not allowing myself to think that's possible to happen. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I genuinely hope they go straight back down - that's a mental signing. 

Yep, 200k a week is a whole, decent first XI in the Championship (which they must have forgotten they are probably favourites to return to) at just over 18k p/w per player. It's a damn sight more than our first XI will be on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Plenty of solid loan options for centre-back, but you'd have to question whether they're much better than Carter, who's proven himself against men on two impressive loans himself.

Carter should be in the mix - I'd also have him as cover at RB (obviously it blunts the attack, but he's athletic enough to play out there). 

I'd be happy with Ayala, Wharton, Carter, A.N. Other - then one of Barnes or Phillips (I'd assume Barnes would go out on loan if we signed someone?).

I'd be delighted to shift Ayala (and Magloire) on and bring in 2 CBs, but that's just being greedy.

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yep, 200k a week is a whole, decent first XI in the Championship (which they must have forgotten they are probably favourites to return to) at just over 18k p/w per player. It's a damn sight more than our first XI will be on.

Only a one-year deal - so if they go down they aren't saddled with that wage.  It's a low-risk gamble - if they can keep him suitably motivated they have a player who's capable of having the quality most bottom half sides lack.  If he scored 10 goals and keeps them up he's paid for himself 10 times over.  If it doesn't work out.... so what?  No lasting damage. 

Cooper is a smart operator... 

EDIT - What it does from my viewpoint is just re-emphasise a thousand times over the ridiculous chasm between the PL and the football league.  Until the PL implodes and the present structure is obliterated, at least 85% of English clubs will be scrabbling around in the dirt, whilst the minority feast at the top table.   Football fascism. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 5

Shut up.

Brittain, Bowler, Styles and Van Hecke would be ridiculous business (but right in line with the 4/5 quality First XI additions, with the rest of the squad being filled out by Academy players plan) - I'm not allowing myself to think that's possible to happen.

It's a possibility and funds are there to do it.

Although I am told by a friend at Oxford that we have made a bid for Brannagan.

Still no forwards being linked though but it's nice for once to be building from the back with a plan based on what we need for a system to work

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I genuinely hope they go straight back down - that's a mental signing. 

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

And Lingard is on £200,000 a week at Forest! Makes the Premier League seem so far away.

Only a one year deal so he’s only costing them about 10 million quid, which would be money well spent if they stay in the division. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

Only a one-year deal - so if they go down they aren't saddled with that wage.  It's a low-risk gamble - if they can keep him suitably motivated they have a player who's capable of having the quality most bottom half sides lack.  If he scored 10 goals and keeps them up he's paid for himself 10 times over.  If it doesn't work out.... so what?  No lasting damage. 

Cooper is a smart operator... 

Ahh ok that's fairly savvy then. It's still a 10 million quid commitment plus whatever signing on fee he has, so I'm not sure it would pay for himself a whole 10 times over. Once you're already in the Prem, is the difference between one more season there and instant relegation really a whole 100 mill? Guess it might be, sure I read the parachute payments increase if you were up there for longer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phili said:

I just can't get my head around that amount per week and he's not been that good for 18 months or so.

Hes had one good season with west ham in the last 12 years. Average player with not a lot of hunger still demanding that money. Mental signing. Similar to Everton paying through the nose in wages for Dele Alli.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Carter should be in the mix - I'd also have him as cover at RB (obviously it blunts the attack, but he's athletic enough to play out there). 

I'd be happy with Ayala, Wharton, Carter, A.N. Other - then one of Barnes or Phillips (I'd assume Barnes would go out on loan if we signed someone?).

I'd be delighted to shift Ayala (and Magloire) on and bring in 2 CBs, but that's just being greedy.

Carter needs to be playing more frequently than he did before we sent him on loan last season, or he's unlikely to develop (obviously he needs to impress enough in his games to keep his place though). Ayala's injury issues and 3 CBs would probably mean he had enough chances to shine. Sticking him at RB wouldn't be the worst against better attacking sides though when we need to be more cautious, you'd think he will be better defensively than Brittain and less likely to roam up and get caught out.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ahh ok that's fairly savvy then. It's still a 10 million quid commitment plus whatever signing on fee he has, so I'm not sure it would pay for himself a whole 10 times over. Once you're already in the Prem, is the difference between one more season there and instant relegation really a whole 100 mill? Guess it might be, sure I read the parachute payments increase if you were up there for longer.

Best way to do it is like Brentford - organic growth within their means.  Mind you.... what did they pay Eriksen last season?  That was an absolutely inspired signing!

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Carter needs to be playing more frequently than he did before we sent him on loan last season, or he's unlikely to develop (obviously he needs to impress enough in his games to keep his place though). Ayala's injury issues and 3 CBs would probably mean he had enough chances to shine. Sticking him at RB wouldn't be the worst against better attacking sides though when we need to be more cautious, you'd think he will be better defensively than Brittain and less likely to roam up and get caught out.

Carter should be playing at Centre Half or not at all, he played at right back against a good attacking side in Celtic and got the piss taken out of him, he looked a lot better at centre half. I think he’s good enough as cover for centre half and if we go with 3 at the back I think he’d be okay in there. We still need at least 1 centre half bringing in though of course. 

32 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

What you think less or more? 

Sorry got my stats mixed up. 3  mill could be about right but do think it could be more a deal rising to 3 if it comes off. Just my opinion.