BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

I find it sad that some of the comments on here are people are wishing ill of a 17 year old boy who could set up his family for life. He owes us absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, if we could all offer the same luxuries that he can with a move why shoudn't he do it? If we get 3m or so for an unproven youngster i would take no matter what he can do, you just don't know what can happen. Put a sale on clause and see what he can do. 

He owes us nothing? We found him, raised him and built him. If he owes us nothing, we certainly owe him even less.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Cant blame a young guy for following the money. But Im pretty sure he will be playing football at a lower level than he is now. The grass isnt always greener…. Step forward Callum Wright

Callum Wright is being touted for Leicester City's first team squad after a prolific loan in league one.. Hope we've a healthy sell on there..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxesofleicester.com/2022/07/26/callum-wright-leicester-city-chance/amp/

3 hours ago, rover23 said:

Khadra was average, he was quick and tricky, but his crossing was poor, he was never fit enough to last a full 90 and he got what, 3-4 attacking returns? 

Hedges looks like he’s stepped up a few gears and seems a decent player. 

Dolan, as much as I like the kid, I don’t rate him that highly as a player. He’s giving off headless chicken vibes every time he plays. 

Agree with you here, Khadras actual output was poor he was just rapid so it got people excited. Hedges already has as many assists this season as Khadra did all of last season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I find it sad that some of the comments on here are people are wishing ill of a 17 year old boy who could set up his family for life. He owes us absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, if we could all offer the same luxuries that he can with a move why shoudn't he do it? If we get 3m or so for an unproven youngster i would take no matter what he can do, you just don't know what can happen. Put a sale on clause and see what he can do. 

I wouldn't say that he owes us nothing - but obviously that comes nowhere near as a priority compared to what he can do for his family and career. I'm splitting hairs a bit though, I completely agree that wishing him ill in these circumstances is uncalled for. 

It's a kick in the teeth though, to be sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So if Phillips goes in the next few days…SVDB still nowhere to be seen at rovers…(is it even happening) That’s leaves us just Ayala at the back?!? Who the f*** do we play CB against Sheff united?? 

Come on Rovers sort it out, we need bodies in asap!!! 

Where is the evidence that Phillips is going in the next few days ?

10 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Found and developed himself, did he?

This attitude that you just look out for #1 is why society is in the state it is.

I'm not asking him to sign a 10 year deal with a Championship club if he's clearly destined for the top - I'm just asking that he  doesn't slink off to some poxy London club for a sliver of his real value because of a technicality.

Bellingham handled it correctly.

• Like 5

Can we all remember, if any of us got a job off with a huge pay increase we would be off. Philips is a young man who can set himself up for life. He is a serious injury away from nothing. All we can do as a club is force as much money from levy as possible. As an aside I have always hated spurs and this won’t help. Them and that dump westham. Obviously Burnley but let’s not go there! Breathe…….

• Like 1

I agree with some of the comments above that loaning Phillips back would be a total insult to the club and should not be entertained under any circumstances.

Downgrading of the squad, such as replacing a permanent player with a loan one, should not be tolerated.

If it's about money, Spurs will always be able to pay more than us. The only way we can compete is by making him a guaranteed starter which he isn't yet ready for, especially if we do harbour ambitions of challenging for promotion. Plus, even if he was a starter then it'd still be hard to turn a down a permanent move to a premier league side. Looking at it from his point of view, he could be on the fringes of a Championship team or he could be on more money at a premier league team and, if he doesn't have the opportunity to play, can get a loan to a team where he will play week in week out. In reality, the situation is multifaceted and on the balance of it a move to Spurs is the more attractive option.

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Especially if we get promoted. But I don't think that's likely. Especially if we lose BBD.

Its only devastating if we lose Brereton on or near deadline day and don't have time to bring in multiple replacements with the money.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player, but he's not irreplaceable - it would require Broughton and co to earn their coin though!

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So if Phillips goes in the next few days…SVDB still nowhere to be seen at rovers…(is it even happening) That’s leaves us just Ayala at the back?!? Who the f*** do we play CB against Sheff united?? 

Come on Rovers sort it out, we need bodies in asap!!! 

Spurs won't have any need to rush the deal. I doubt we will let him go until our defence is sufficiently recovered or reinforced.

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Where is the evidence that Phillips is going in the next few days ?

Non mate was just a rant of a post! My point of needing bodies in asap still stands. All we seem to be be waiting for is Sepp from Liverpool?? When Phillips goes, we will need x 3 CBs…Not forgetting at least 1 forward & possibly a LB.

12 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

That’s probably a good way to put it, but what can we not give him that would benefit us? Nothing.

I'm sorry I don't think you phrased that sentence how you meant to, I don't understand what you mean.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

I agree with some of the comments above that loaning Phillips back would be a total insult to the club and should not be entertained under any circumstances.

Downgrading of the squad, such as replacing a permanent player with a loan one, should not be tolerated.

We would be in the same position as we are right now, either way he leaves at the end of this season. He would be loaned here as spurs wont use him in 1st team but could get him some "proper" game time here but he would still be 4th/5th choice. Works for me

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Its only devastating if we lose Brereton on or near deadline day and don't have time to bring in multiple replacements with the money.

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player, but he's not irreplaceable - it would require Broughton and co to earn their coin though!

If BBD goes it will be because he is considered good enough to play Premier League football ; replacing a player of that level will be very difficult for a Championship club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He is replaceable, but for us, on our wage budget, it's more likely we get a replacement who isn't as good just now, than that we replace one of the best players in this league with someone as good or better, for less money. Such a deal is out there, I'm sure, but I don't yet have the faith in Broughton to find it, nor in our wage structure to get it over the line against probable competition. Even a player as good could take time to settle in and find on-field and off-field chemistry with teammates. In short, it's something that probably could happen but I have limited confidence that it would. I don't think just signing multiple poorer players would have enough of a net impact to compensate for that one player with defence-piercing quality you rarely find in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If BBD goes it will be because he is considered good enough to play Premier League football ; replacing a player of that level will be very difficult for a Championship club.

Yes - technically he's not irreplaceable but the idea of getting in a player who will be as good straight away seems fanciful. He's developed into a brilliant player at this level.