BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

We need a right winger with genuine pace and a left back. If we get both of those then it’s been an unbelievable window considering where we were at when JDT first joined 

It has been stated several times that Left Back is not a position they are looking to upgrade as we spent money on bought Pickering and Edun January 2021. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's a Rovers reporter, he's going to have contacts at the club.

The club confirming who we aren't in for (Styles, Bowler) is different to confirming who we are in for (Brittain) as there's no risk in confirming the former. 

He hasn't broken a single transfer story since he's been in the job

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'm trying to remember the player who turned up at another club on Transfer DD, hoping they'd sign him??

He was with West Brom and turned up at QPR's training ground, Did the usual interview outside the gate and then nothing. His name escapes me but I remember him going to Stoke then he nosedived. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He was with West Brom and turned up at QPR's training ground, Did the usual interview outside the gate and then nothing. His name escapes me but I remember him going to Stoke then he nosedived. 

Peter Odemwingie on infamous failed Deadline Day transfer to QPR | Football News | Sky Sports

Just found this. He turned up but they wouldn't let him in. All a mix up involving Hoillett. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Same here. But to sell either we'd need a buyer. I'm not sure any 'smaller' clubs would use their very limited budgets to pick up these guys, based on their careers to date.

I can only see them both being released on free's, either in the next few days or after a season's loan. JRC might, just might, offer us something as a squad player if he goes and gets a full season behind him and learns a position.

I agree about just getting them off the wage bill by any means but loaning Rankin-Costello is a big no from me. If he is loaned out for a season he will be 24 when he comes back and he will still have another year on his deal.

21 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's a Rovers reporter, he's going to have contacts at the club.

The club confirming who we aren't in for (Styles, Bowler) is different to confirming who we are in for (Brittain) as there's no risk in confirming the former. 

Or we are in for him and the club are using sharpe to throw other clubs off the scent. (I don't even believe this to be true myself BTW but it can't be ruled out) 

Wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we release Butterworth before the deadline so he can get a club after today.

Clearly not in the plans, can’t see any teams paying for him and it would be the best thing for all parties.

Whilst Bowler was marked out of the game yesterday, he would be a good addition to the side (not that I can see it happening). Blackpool don’t have the quality throughout the squad to take advantage of us doubling/tripling up on him whereas Dack and Diaz (if he stays) would be able to utilise that space.

Wharton’s (and Morton, who I also thought was brilliant) performance yesterday shows we probably don’t need another midfielder - I’d rather get a RB and keep Trav in midfield than.

I know before yesterday that we’d lost 3 on the spin but the side is looking a lot stronger than at the start of pre-season.

The absolute dream would be Diaz stays and signs a new deal (even with a reasonable release clause) but can’t see that happening. If I was in charge and he’s here tomorrow, offer him one of the contracts reserved for special types with a £20m/£25m release clause and see what happens. The fact that he’s got a young family on the way, playing footy with his best mate (Dack) and clearly enjoys playing for us - I’d hope that the club have/will do that.

• Like 7

After last night, I' d honestly say I dont know what/who we're in for. For me a someone who can score goals (Hirst isn't enough, Gallagher not stepping up and Brero will be gone some point or another. That's my priority, dont think Vales good enough yet needs a loan again.

I think we need another DM personally  too. And a direct winger.. rest I'd reassess in Jan personally. 

Good on the club but I hate not knowing our targets at this point, luckily work will be busy to distract!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That's not close to being true. 

Unfortunately it is.

Glen posts on here about Hirst, 3 hours later Sharpe's on it, after Elliott Jackson who claimed it as an exclusive.

Same with Brittain - broken by Nixon

Same with Hyam - broken by Pete O'Rourke

Same with Szmodics - broken by Peterborough's chairman, 3 weeks after the initial bid.

He hasn't broken a single one as an exclusive. Nixon is more informed than our own reporter and he spouts bollocks. Find me one and I'll eat my words happily. 

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Unfortunately it is.

Glen posts on here about Hirst, 3 hours later Sharpe's on it, after Elliott Jackson who claimed it as an exclusive.

Same with Brittain - broken by Nixon

Same with Hyam - broken by Pete O'Rourke

Same with Szmodics - broken by Peterborough's chairman, 3 weeks after the initial bid.

He hasn't broken a single one as an exclusive. Nixon is more informed than our own reporter and he spouts bollocks. Find me one and I'll eat my words happily. 

Are you talking about this window or all the time Sharpe has been a reporter at Rovers? If it's the latter you're wrong.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

25 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Peter Odemwingie?

Not current transfer news, so apologies, but Odemwingie came on a brief trial at Rovers and Souness opted out of signing him from Belgium. Maybe, 8 years ago or so.

There was a time when Rovers often had players come on trial, even relatively, established players from Europe, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Though, no doubt, youth players are regularly being considered at academy level and maybe U21s without it being reported. 

I suppose James Brown is a recent example of a trial of a relatively established player turning into a signing, more recently - but, perhaps, demand outstrips supply, at our level, anyway, so less common? Not to mention that we're not the club that we were in terms of pulling power.

Edit: Odemwingie is a 41 year old retired former Nigeria international, for those scanning the thread!

Edited by riverholmes

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

We really do need a defensive midfielder that can handle the physical teams.

This is true. We are a bit lightweight in the CM area. On the flip side we don't want people in which dampens the development of Wharton and Buckley. 

Here's how the Rovers squad is shaping up so far...

GK: Thomas Kaminski, Aynsley Pears, Joe Hilton

RB: Callum Brittain, Joe Rankin-Costello

CB: Daniel Ayala, Scott Wharton, Dom Hyam, Hayden Carter, Ash Phillips, Sam Barnes*

LB: Harry Pickering, Tayo Edun

CM: Lewis Travis, John Buckley, Tyler Morton, Adam Wharton, Jake Garrett

Forwards: Ben Brereton, Sam Gallagher, Bradley Dack, Sam Szmodics, Ryan Hedges, Tyrhys Dolan, George Hirst, Jack Vale, Dilan Markanday

*expected to miss much of the season with an ACL injury