BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Of course it's lazy. How much market research is done, speaking to lapsed season ticket holders, advertising etc. The early bird offer must have taken a few minutes to think up after the previous two seasons had almost identical prices. There is no interaction with the fan base to simply see what they need to get the numbers up. Several thousand walk ons in the last few games tells me that the support is there. We just need somebody to drive the club properly and understand the supporters needs. And Waggott just isn't that person.

They openly said in the fans forum a couple of years ago that they deleted most of the database due to GDPR so were unable to contact these people.

I have had nothing from the club for easy 5 years. I used to get postcard flyers.

Having said that, I wouldn't buy one if they were £100 whilst the owners remain.

I get that people moan about Waggott as he is the senior man on site. That powerlessness that he is the only one we can blame.

Personally I have no issue with him. He is just a paid employee who would be replaced by the same. Following the orders of the owners under the watchful gaze of the senior man on site, Suhail.

But we must ignore the owners and Suhail and focus on Waggott. Pointless.

Anyway back to ten pound tickets. So what. Its like the pub offering £1 pints and being "busy"  only to be dead again the night after.... obviously.

I have watched every single match this season (apart from a couple of EFL Cup) on TV and not paid a penny. Looks like next season will need to be the same. As soon as they leave, I will immediately walk down and buy a ST. That wont change regardless of manager or CEO. Neither will the fact that I am more blue and white than half the ST holders.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

They openly said in the fans forum a couple of years ago that they deleted most of the database due to GDPR so were unable to contact these people.

I have had nothing from the club for easy 5 years. I used to get postcard flyers.

Most of marketing is done via social media and emails now. 

Having said that, I wouldn't buy one if they were £100 whilst the owners remain.

I get that people moan about Waggott as he is the senior man on site. That powerlessness that he is the only one we can blame.

Personally I have no issue with him. He is just a paid employee who would be replaced by the same. Following the orders of the owners under the watchful gaze of the senior man on site, Suhail.

But we must ignore the owners and Suhail and focus on Waggott. Pointless.

Anyway back to ten pound tickets. So what. Its like the pub offering £1 pints and being "busy"  only to be dead again the night after.... obviously.

I have watched every single match this season (apart from a couple of EFL Cup) on TV and not paid a penny. Looks like next season will need to be the same. As soon as they leave, I will immediately walk down and buy a ST. That wont change regardless of manager or CEO. Neither will the fact that I am more blue and white than half the ST holders.

Whilst I can understand your point against the owners surely you missed being at Ewood Park for games? 

I don't get how you watch every game for free either. 

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Hot on the heals of the annual ST fiasco and the SummerFest debacle, we have the Halal version.

Screenshot_20230507-160536_Twitter.jpg

very popular event by the sounds off it which is good for the community and Rovers 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It's not very good if the club has again embarassed itself turning away customers with tickets!

The event was sell out and people weren't leaving the event. Probably down to the quality of the food and the event. 

Yes not great for people with tickets but shows how popular and welcome the event organised by us was

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The event was sell out and people weren't leaving the event. Probably down to the quality of the food and the event. 

Yes not great for people with tickets but shows how popular and welcome the event organised by us was

Still a massive cock-up.

When the tweet the night before stated that ‘Ticket holders will be given priority access’, only to then on the day make them queue over an hour and then turn them away is a shambolic way to treat your potential customers.

Still, it sold out so they probably hit financial targets so they wont care.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Hahaha Chaddy only positive about the fact that people who paid for tickets were then not allowed to enter the event 😂 

I couldn’t believe it when I read that tweet. Absolute shambles of an operation down there.

The comments earlier too about recent attendances not being good…..if we were regularly getting 16k home fans that would be very good given how long we’ve been in this league now, and we’d get a few 20k+ attendances with the stadium feeling pretty full and atmosphere bouncing.
To do that regularly though we need 14k-15k or so season ticket holders! We’ll probably limp to 9k as they’re the MOST EXPENSIVE IN LANCASHIRE! (And about to get £50 more expensive despite the season not even being over yet)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Presume you'd be the same if you got to Ewood with your season ticket and they'd miscalculated and wouldnt let you in due to over expected demand.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Still a massive cock-up.

When the tweet the night before stated that ‘Ticket holders will be given priority access’, only to then on the day make them queue over an hour and then turn them away is a shambolic way to treat your potential customers.

Still, it sold out so they probably hit financial targets so they wont care.

They should have done better granted, like a queue for people with tickets and separate queue for people without tickets but the big positive is that the event was popular and people were clearly enjoying it which is what I would take from it. Maybe next time on it over a weekend or bank holiday weekend next year

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Presume you'd be the same if you got to Ewood with your season ticket and they'd miscalculated and wouldnt let you in due to over expected demand.

well given that Football you are paying for a seat not just to attend that event which is major difference in this

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well given that Football you are paying for a seat not just to attend that event which is major difference in this

It’s not hugely different. They’ve paid for something and then not been allowed it cos rovers have  sold it to someone else who turned up earlier

Its just like you turning up with your season ticket but they’ve sold your seat to someone else.

Yasir will be pulling his hair out. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It’s not hugely different. They’ve paid for something and then not been allowed it cos rovers have  sold it to someone else who turned up earlier

Yasir will be pulling his hair out. 

Fair point and I feel for people with tickets but I'm pleased with the work that Yasir is doing in the community 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Quelle Surprise.

Still selling at £379 this morning.

Just awaiting the big announcement...

Maybe they are waiting for today's result.

Maybe they need a signature from someone currently in London on business.

Maybe they have just forgotten.

still on offer at £379 now 

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

It doesn't look like the seat map is showing the true numbers. The estimate I've got as of this morning is 10,910, with 123 new seats sold in the last 24 hours. Again, this figure will also include existing season ticket holders that haven't renewed.

Sorry GB, I have 60 in my basket for 26 minutes. 

Seemed fun at the time.

It is next to impossible to select one of those little blue dots even when zoomed to the max. What a shit site.

Still £379 as of 10am.

Why say 0:00 on a bank holiday if everyone was on holiday until 9am 2 days later.... 

Unless they are still counting the takings from yesterday's Halal bash.

16 hours ago, goozburger said:

It doesn't look like the seat map is showing the true numbers. The estimate I've got as of this morning is 10,910, with 123 new seats sold in the last 24 hours. Again, this figure will also include existing season ticket holders that haven't renewed.

What point do the seats come available for existing st holders?

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What point do the seats come available for existing st holders?

Last season, it was when the "save your seat" period ended on 30th June. I suspect there will be a similar "save your seat" period this time around. There was a drop in the figure of unavailable seats of around 2,000, which you might be able to take as a rough figure of non-renewers last time around.

You can't buy a season ticket online at the moment. I will check it again later.

On 08/05/2023 at 09:55, goozburger said:

you can deduct my three tickets from there as we're not renewing!

Blackburn Rovers now £429!! Four Hundred and Twenty Nine Pounds. 

Current prices for our Lancashire rivals below (some were even cheaper prior)

Burnley: WAITING LIST!

Bolton: £299 (sold over 15k!)

PNE: £280 (until June 5th!)

Huddersfield: £249 (not really rivals but similar demographic / finances) - until 30th June

So we are now £180 more expensive than Huddersfield and £149 more expensive than PNE for the next month

What a waste of space Waggot truly is! Early bird expiring 1 or 2 months ahead of everyone else.

1 Adult + 10 year old at Rovers now £489 vs £368 Bolton, £298 Huddersfield, £280 PNE!

• Like 5