BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but an article from Sharpe states the following regarding last season's season ticket sales:

The club sold just under 9,300 tickets, and an additional 409 half season tickets, which helped generate a revenue of £2.45m gross.

That's ~9,700 season tickets sold altogether, including half-season tickets. Is that figure correct? Or have there been any corrections to it?

I want to determine whether 9,300 or 9,700 are marked as "unavailable" from last season. I've been assuming it 9,300 because I thought that was the figure of full and half-season tickets.

24 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The season tickets haven't been available to buy online for over eight hours. I wonder if something is afoot.

Yeah waiting to see how many the Vs are buying up themselves to then make available as complimentary's and shaded out on the planner !

I renewed mine on the day they came out, I was skint at the time and decided I’d have to go the direct debit route. The 20 quid saving wasn’t really a factor, I’d be saving £2 a month… well £1.80 when you factor in the booking fee, it was purely based around wanting to spread the cost.

My circumstances have changed for the better in the last couple of months. I’ve already forked out £120 quid and could’ve happily found another £280 this week to pay for it in full. I’ve given the club 20 quid less in doing it the way I have, but it’s cost me £30/£50 more than it should’ve.

It’s all a convoluted mess. Early bird offers, cut off points, deadlines, people paying different prices for the same products, they all need scrapping. Imagine if they put in half as much thought into providing some imaginative different options that would encourage sales rather than discouraging and punishing people.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I renewed mine on the day they came out, I was skint at the time and decided I’d have to go the direct debit route. The 20 quid saving wasn’t really a factor, I’d be saving £2 a month… well £1.80 when you factor in the booking fee, it was purely based around wanting to spread the cost.

My circumstances have changed for the better in the last couple of months. I’ve already forked out £120 quid and could’ve happily found another £280 this week to pay for it in full. I’ve given the club 20 quid less in doing it the way I have, but it’s cost me £30/£50 more than it should’ve.

It’s all a convoluted mess. Early bird offers, cut off points, deadlines, people paying different prices for the same products, they all need scrapping. Imagine if they put in half as much thought into providing some imaginative different options that would encourage sales rather than discouraging and punishing people.

The price should be the same all summer and they should remain on sale all season for as we discussion a few weeks ago people circumstances changed but they shouldn't be penalised for this. 

Would you not charge more for BBE or Jack Walker upper then for the Riverside? 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The price should be the same all summer and they should remain on sale all season for as we discussion a few weeks ago people circumstances changed but they shouldn't be penalised for this. 

Would you not charge more for BBE or Jack Walker upper then for the Riverside? 

I’d charge less everywhere, but I do think the Riverside offers the opportunity for the club to offer entry level pricing. 

Personally I’m happy enough with my season ticket in the Riverside being the same as those elsewhere, I don’t really subscribe to the worse facilities argument… the toilets are much the same, there’s a place to stand and have a beer or a pie, I forgo a view of the big screen for my better view of the pitch and more leg room.

Rather than lower every ticket in the riverside by 50/100 quid, I’d lower the uncovered seats on the first 6 or so rows significantly. £150 for a season ticket in an uncovered seat would really open them up to people who’d otherwise be priced out.

• Like 2

Wasn’t the real point of ending the Riverside as a cheaper option so that post camera move it would coax people towards the other stands? Which has ‘worked’ as the Riverside is now notably quieter.

So I just can’t see them reducing prices in there, out of sight, out of mind and all that…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Wasn’t the real point of ending the Riverside as a cheaper option so that post camera move it would coax people towards the other stands? Which has ‘worked’ as the Riverside is now notably quieter.

So I just can’t see them reducing prices in there, out of sight, out of mind and all that…

Yes, I suspect that was the plan. It hasn’t worked anywhere near as well as they expected/hoped. I’m pushing Waggott on a rethink, even more so since he told me that the players are on at him to get more fans in the ground, and specifically Hyam constantly mentions running out of the tunnel to see a wall of fans directly across from you.

It’s just moving deckchairs around the Titanic, a 12,000 crowd in a 31,000 ground will always look sparse whatever jiggery pokery you engage in.

He’s put more thought in to closing stands and moving the remaining hardcore in to more camera prominent areas than actually, you know, trying to increase the numbers…

• Like 1

We could have cheaper tickets in the riveside and Hyam could have his wall of fans but the BBE and JW would be half full and the atmosphere gone after the initial welcome onto the pitch.

The issue as always and mentioned a thousand times is drive up ST sales instead of reducing them year on year then token gestures to hang on to the renewers.

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We could have cheaper tickets in the riveside and Hyam could have his wall of fans but the BBE and JW would be half full and the atmosphere gone after the initial welcome onto the pitch.

The issue as always and mentioned a thousand times is drive up ST sales instead of reducing them year on year then token gestures to hang on to the renewers.

My 5 has just become a 2 week trip to Egypt in August, f*** em.

Brothers 2 is now a 1 week break in Greece,

My mate, not bothering either.

Just received an email telling me to use my old season ticket card. Well worth that £2 booking fee. Having said that last time they posted one out to me it was stuck in an envelope with my brothers and posted out to his address rather than mine, and that cost me a quid.

They've sent email thank you's out with a link on to buy another ticket, which takes you to a page that doesn''t fking work. It's honestly laughable. Imagine being sent a marketing tool with a dud link on in every day business, you'd never trade with them again!