BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I wouldn't call c9k a 'success', how could having one of the lowest figures in the league, sales that wouldn't even be towards the top of the third division be labelled anything but poor.

But considering the prices I'll take it for now until a potential new CEO pursues a new strategy. I'd paint these sales as 'a relief' when you consider we were as as low as 7k in the summer of 2021/22, at least we've stabilised an alarming year on year decline. The support is there, it just needs a prod.

A winning team will bring them back..

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think that quite a few of the new season ticket sales will have come from the walk-on pool of last season. So that pool will have become smaller.

We had a lot more walk ons that usual in the run in so hopefully it balances out and we get the usual 11/12k hardcore. A few more would be nice but I'll be amazed if 5k or more walk up for WBA though.

54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If we sell similar amounts of STs to last season the home crowd in total will be similar to last season. Always the way here.

but what I am saying is that even if we sell more season tickets than last season, our crowds will not increase, because most of the new, season ticket holders, will have been buying walk-ons last season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

WHERE'S YOUR PROOF!!!!!!!!!

Great fans PNE and Bolton not only do they only turn up when it's good but they'll also flock in when it's cheap.

Never get that at Ewood, bad bad fans !

• Like 2

7 of us sit virtually together,we've all renewed. 

A family of 4 got tickets near us for the first time last season, they aren't renewing due to fixtures being moved, they missed a good few games last season. 

With the cost of things, I just cannot justify spending almost £700 for me and the kids..   It's well steep. Football used to be a working-class sport..  

Imagine; as interest rates spike people cancel their Sky subscription, the money  dry up, players will move to Dubai, , the massive wages will collapse, ticket prices become more affordable, stadiums fill up and we will have our game back...  Then I woke up.  Money has ruined the game.

Look at the majority record attendances, they were all recorded before football became a corporate sport..  Working class people, cannot justify shelling out massive sums of money to watch the football..  

Edited by Bohinen1983

Those record gates are largely FA cup ties that attracted huge crowds a few times a season (hard to believe in some ways when you see how diminished the cup is now)

England is currently seeing the highest average league crowds since the early 1950s all the way down to non league. Attendances are absolutely booming in this country (but obviously not here) so it’s a flawed narrative about football no longer attracting big crowds.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Fair enough, I've never really looked into it if I'm honest. However, given rising interest rates and every other commodity increasing people, both rich and poor will increasingly be feeling the squeeze...

Lets say your £250,0000 mortgage at 1% has just ended. and moved towards 6%,... you're looking at another £600 a month ..   an extra £7200 a year...   I doubt many people have a spare £7.2k in disposable income..  With the cost of everything else squeezing you it's hard to justify a season ticket..  I'd like to see some inventive pricing schemes, family tickets, £299 for one adult and two kids..., get the kids in.. Now you're taking.. 

I just think £700 for me and my two lads is way too much in the current climate, for me anyway.  Obviously people can afford it, but personally as a family of avid Rovers fans we will be spending that money towards a family holiday or essentials.

Given the state of the local economy, I think the clubs gates will increasingly rely on matchday sales to boost attendances.. People are skint.

18 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Fair enough, I've never really looked into it if I'm honest. However, given rising interest rates and every other commodity increasing people, both rich and poor will increasingly be feeling the squeeze...

Lets say your £250,0000 mortgage at 1% has just ended. and moved towards 6%,... you're looking at another £600 a month ..   an extra £7200 a year...   I doubt many people have a spare £7.2k in disposable income..  With the cost of everything else squeezing you it's hard to justify a season ticket..  I'd like to see some inventive pricing schemes, family tickets, £299 for one adult and two kids..., get the kids in.. Now you're taking.. 

I just think £700 for me and my two lads is way too much in the current climate, for me anyway.  Obviously people can afford it, but personally as a family of avid Rovers fans we will be spending that money towards a family holiday or essentials.

Given the state of the local economy, I think the clubs gates will increasingly rely on matchday sales to boost attendances.. People are skint.

Obviously the reason we aren’t seeing PNE/Bolton sales here is price.

However, the cost of living crisis hasn’t particularly damaged our sales as yet, as we are looking like selling c9k STs again this time, which as shite as that is it has been pretty much been standard (give or take a bit either way) here for the past 6/7 years or so.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I’ve gone from paying £283 a month for my mortgage to £900 in the space of three years . I’ve gone from having a season ticket to having to pick my games. Life really is testing in this current climate which makes the pricing of the tickets even more gauling when you look around the rest of the north west. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I'd be interested to see how our attendance figures compare with previous years, factoring in our attendance against what the average round the country is (for teams in the same division).

I reckon that these could be our lowest figures ever.

In the 70s and 80 Rovers avaraged well below 10000 a season for years...I have been on Ewood for what was a Division two game in 1971 The gate that day against Bristol City was 3700....Yes 3700....

This old chestnut again. Most clubs had low gates, especially in the 80s.

UD is trying to say when were we last seeing crowds here that are pretty much below all our peers in our division. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,606 (+17)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

1 hour ago, Doogs said:

In the 70s and 80 Rovers avaraged well below 10000 a season for years...I have been on Ewood for what was a Division two game in 1971 The gate that day against Bristol City was 3700....Yes 3700....

Please read the full question next time before answering.