BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Overcrowding in concourse areas from memory… not exactly what you want to hear about that stand, is it!

No it isn’t.

I’m concerned about the quality of the ‘safety assessments’ given they deemed the already reduced capacity to be safe until another ‘real life’ situation showed them that it wasn’t.

Even without the awful history of that stand, surely it’s better just to close it down.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Be £30 Blackburn End if they are freezing them from last season.

Unless they are making that fixture a super duper A+ game.

Also why can't they announce now what category each game will be?

They changed their mind on Cat's for various games last season, making it up as they went along really.

I don't doubt the capability of the police in Sheffield to be dog turd. They weren't exactly smart after the QF at Brammall Lane last season either....the road is Rovers fans spilled out on was rammed as they allowed Utd fans to come from their own stands through that area. Any idiot with half a brain would have cordened that road off to home fans until the away contingent had dispersed 

Our match day prices are fairly middle of the road, no real issue there. It’s STs where we are falling down as reflected by our sales that are I believe are only in front of Rotherham in the whole division.

Whereas haven’t they always had daft matchday prices at Hillsborough? Sure I remember paying over £30 for a night game there in the Bowyer/Lambert era (and lets face it we are never a Cat A opposition, well we are, but not priced as such!).

Edited by Mattyblue

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Our match day prices are fairly middle of the road, no real issue there. It’s STs where we are falling down as reflected by our sales that are I believe are only in front of Rotherham in the whole division.

Whereas haven’t they always had daft matchday prices at Hillsborough? Sure I remember paying over £30 for a night game there in the Bowyer/Lambert era (and lets face it we are never a Cat A opposition, well we are, but not priced as such!).

Yeah Sheffield and Leeds always have silly prices.

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Fuck off Leeds. Shithole.

I'm not sure that has anything to do with season tickets and matchday prices, but out of interest, when were you last in Leeds?

• Like 2

On 09/07/2023 at 08:17, Upside Down said:

Fuck off Leeds. Shithole.

Other than being filled with Yorkshire people... Leeds is a great city. Lived there for 4 years and it's one of the cleanest I've been to in the UK.

57 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Other than being filled with Yorkshire people... Leeds is a great city. Lived there for 4 years and it's one of the cleanest I've been to in the UK.

I used to work in City Centre pre-COVID and I've never seen a homeless problem like in Leeds. It needs (needed) urgently addressing. Although any more discussion should probably move to WDWY!

Hull another club who had gates not to far off ours a few seasons ago before they cut match by match tickets then STs to kick start a mini boom again.

Always much easier though to draw big numbers in towns and city's that size.

Of course, and that would always be the excuse the apologists would hide behind - ‘well we can’t compare ourselves to [insert pretty much every other Championship club here]’…

until our neighbours started doing it too.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hull another club who had gates not to far off ours a few seasons ago before they cut match by match tickets then STs to kick start a mini boom again.

Always much easier though to draw big numbers in towns and city's that size.

plus they have new owner take over and move the club on the previous owners

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

There is an 1875 "membership plus" for sale this season, for £60.

God knows what that entails!

I have been on the Rovers website, there is no information there as to what 1875 and1875+ membership entails.

On 10/07/2023 at 00:36, Gav said:

I'm not sure that has anything to do with season tickets and matchday prices, but out of interest, when were you last in Leeds?

11 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Haven't been there for years but when I was, there was shit everywhere. Bins overflowing, rubbish blowing around.

Plus it's in Yorkshire, you can't even breath the air over there.

8,100 versus 9,300 from last season.

The latter figure includes half-season tickets and 18 game tickets, according to the LT.  I've no idea how many of these we sold, but I imagine we're going to have to still shift a good number of full ST's to match last season.