BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

22 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Glad to see they've come out with a 16 game bundle for the exact same price per game as a full season ticket was in the summer. That sort of outside the box thinking is sure to get all those on the fence piling in. Hope the website and phone lines are up to the job....

You've got to be careful not to make the offer more appealing than the full season ticket though - or you risk pissing off full season ticket holders and further damaging sales next season (as they'll get the pricing wrong again).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You've got to be careful not to make the offer more appealing than the full season ticket though - or you risk pissing off full season ticket holders and further damaging sales next season (as they'll get the pricing wrong again).

That just compounds the original pricing cock-up. I would have thought the idea would be to get more people into the ground. Not just offer the same deal that has already been refused by their target market.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

The sinister side of me, thinks this smells of trying to get a income boost now, rather than a drip feed, between now and Christmas, to aid cash flow.

Makes little sense, to offset walk ons which brings more income between now and Xmas for a club starving and requiring cut backs unless they need a cash boost now to pay pending bills.

Obviously I can't substantiate this, but will certainly be posing this question

I doubt they'd expect to sell enough for anything like that i think if it was desperate they'd be doing a two for one on matchday tickets or something.

Then hoping to shift thousands and get a quick cash hit.

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Andy Holt has already issued some proposals for Stanley's 24/25 season tickets. He has asked fans for their opinions and will consider every one. He mentions the word transparency too. 

Can't argue with those prices. 

No club should be charging more than that.

The only thing I can say is £25 seems a bit steep for a match ticket. 

20 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Can't argue with those prices. 

No club should be charging more than that.

The only thing I can say is £25 seems a bit steep for a match ticket. 

This season it is £25 is for Cat A games of which there are about four. For Cat B the prices reduce by £5. Perhaps after the Wrexham kerfuffle Holt is considering Cat A prices all season.

• Like 1

£250 BBE  £150 concessions

£299  other lower tiers  £ 160  concessions

£399  upper 

Aim to sell 12k, matchday prices stay the same.

Any shortfall can be made up by the inevitable summer sale(s) and pulling their fingers out and finding a way to do some deals that charge large away followings more than home fans.  Doesn't matter if the home uptake isn't great for these as most will be on STs anyway.

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Swag would take one look at that and think…

‘Nah, I’ll keep things exactly like they are, I’ll hit my revenue targets by milking the core 8/9k, and that’s with minimal effort and risk for me’.

So what needs to happen is that those core fans don't renew, so that Waggot doesn't reach his target.  I realise a lot of fans renew because they want to, but it has to be pointed out that they are assisting Waggot by doing that.

Edited by rigger

No guarantee they’ll renew even in the paltry numbers we have now, remember we didn’t even hit 7k ST sales in 21/22. 

Doesn’t take many to think ‘bugger this, £400-£500 when half the games are on Sky anyway’ etc and with such small numbers to start with sales can very quickly collapse.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No guarantee they’ll renew even in the paltry numbers we have now, remember we didn’t even hit 7k ST sales in 21/22. 

Doesn’t take many to think ‘bugger this, £400-£500 when half the games are on Sky anyway’ etc and with such small numbers to start with sales can very quickly collapse.

I would say it could be more of a case of £400-£500, when most of the games are crap to watch.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s crap about it?

Aimless passing across the back-four, abismal ball control, passing into dangerous areas when simple safe balls are on, no support from people running the club, a lack of respect for supporters, a shit match day atmosphere, poor service at half-time.

So the only thing about what happens on the pitch you don’t like is risky passing (ball control? A reason not to renew a ST? Come on!). The rest I totally agree with but is nothing to do with JDT or the team.

In reality we are 2 points from the play offs, only the relegated PL 3 and Ipswich have won more games than us, we’ve the fifth highest number of goals, Sammie is the league top scorer… all done with a bottom end budget, more Venky nonsense in the summer, an inexperienced team and an injury crisis that has left us with 15 year olds on the bench.

’Crap’ indeed.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Aimless passing across the back-four, abismal ball control, passing into dangerous areas when simple safe balls are on, no support from people running the club, a lack of respect for supporters, a shit match day atmosphere, poor service at half-time.

I think you need to start going in the corporate lounges mate, nice and warm, easier service and tellies to watch if you get bored !

Anything other than the odd person in the remaining core will not give up their main passion just to try and stop Waggott from potentially missing out on his target. Its never going to happen.

Price rises coupled with the increase in moving kick offs and accessibility not just with the ridiculous number of Sky games but the fact that people can access coverage of any live game if they look hard enough, different story.

• Like 1

Been standard policy for cup ties here for the past 30 years, even if only for a week. You might have noticed that there’s still quite a few non ST seats for a walk-on fan to go at, and still plenty of time post any claim your seats deadline for that non ST holder to then take it.

But yeah, feck it, might as well put season tickets straight on general sale next summer too, feck the ST holder that has had his seat since the ground was re-bullt, feck the friends and family he sits with.

A football ‘club’ indeed.

They need to go back to having one cheap area of the ground which is traditionally the Riverside.
It went from 299 to 399 in covid under the guise we would be moved to other lower tier areas if needed but never happened. Then they just kept the price at 399.

The stand is falling apart, it’s almost impossible to get a beverage due to the understaffing and the toilets are like going in a freezer with posters advertising Cheltenham races in 2020.

If they don’t improve my match experience or reduce the prices I won’t be renewing next season after 30 years of attending.

Riverside pricing is another Swag ruse. Move the cameras and make it no cheaper than parts of the JW and coax Riversiders to move, and plenty have.

The JW is a fair bit busier than it was pre Covid, Riverside a fair bit quieter - exactly what Swag wanted, now the vast majority of the c12k home fans are facing the cameras in the main stand and a lower tier behind the goal.

Gives the illusion of a decently populated ground to the wider game, especially if a decent away following in the DEnd lower, but scan across the ground from the JW and it is anything but.

Edited by Mattyblue