BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm in that boat of not having renewed yet initially due to laziness on my part but now given recent events I  feel in a bit of a quandary.

Do I fork out £430 which will more likely than not disappear into the ether and make not a ha'peth of difference to the current situation whereby we have not signed the players we need and in the case of a striker or two haven't signed the players we need for the last four windows?

Do I show my disapproval for professional gravy train merchants like Waggott and Broughton by refusing to line their pockets even further? Or is that turning my back on the Club I've supported all my life?

Can I be bothered wasting any more of my time watching dire players like Gallagher and Hedges? Or on the other hand might the likes of Adam Wharton and Harry Leonard make the experience vaguely worthwhile?

Quite a bit to ponder.

Whichever decision you make I hope you don’t end up regretting it.

I bet you yearn for the days when renewing didn’t need a second thought - let alone a third and a fourth.

What a terrible position the club has put you, and many others, in.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So I can see club employees and players to blame… now who is it that’s missing from your list of shame do we think?

Ive asked him how he currently feels about the owners a few times in the last few weeks now signings have stopped and the budgets have been cut. Nothing back yet.

If England win the WWC then Rovers are offering to refund 50% of the price of a ladies season ticket. It's a shame they weren't so magnanimous when people asked for refunds for games played behind closed doors during Covid.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/august/07/Rovers-Women-2023-24-Season-Tickets---Deadline-Extended-/

That's the sales total of Bolton season tickets.

No PL football. No city catchment area. No affluent part of the country. No billionaires subsidising them. 

And the CEO of Blackburn Rovers, a league higher, dares to suggest our figures are good.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No PL football. No city catchment area. No affluent part of the country. No billionaires subsidising them. 

And the CEO of Blackburn Rovers, a league higher, dares to suggest our figures are good.

And a dollop of our  own fans try and make out they've always had much bigger support.

Strangely enough the facts don't back that up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Higher than most of their PL seasons, yet some Rovers fans still try to argue that lowering prices uniquely won’t work here, despite it working a treat to the west and south of us…

Having been away for many years I seem to have forgotten just how thick some of our fans are.

• Like 1

Sa that article and there members club scheme seems to be doing well. 

"

Wanderers are also delighted to pass through the milestone of 50,000 Official Club Members following the launch of the scheme less than two years ago."   

We are treading water only getting higher season ticket numbers once in 12 years and that was when they went into Administration and couldn't sell tickets until October and then their season was cut short by Covid.

We need to do  what they do just to improve the atmosphere, they had 3000 tickets  at a ultra low price £210/229) but the rest were between £269 and £309 and they sold shed loads. They even sold about 1300 after the early bird because they got the ball rolling and people attract people, Their highest post early bird was £399, only £20 more than our early bird cheapest ticket.

Swag won't take the risk as he doesn't believe cheaper prices leads to higher sales. He is tasked to get 2,5 million in and he just about scrapes that so deems himself an absolute maestro by shafting the 8500 faithful and charging top dollar because he knows they will pay it,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Rover said:

Sa that article and there members club scheme seems to be doing well. 

"

Wanderers are also delighted to pass through the milestone of 50,000 Official Club Members following the launch of the scheme less than two years ago."   

We are treading water only getting higher season ticket numbers once in 12 years and that was when they went into Administration and couldn't sell tickets until October and then their season was cut short by Covid.

We need to do  what they do just to improve the atmosphere, they had 3000 tickets  at a ultra low price £210/229) but the rest were between £269 and £309 and they sold shed loads. They even sold about 1300 after the early bird because they got the ball rolling and people attract people, Their highest post early bird was £399, only £20 more than our early bird cheapest ticket.

Swag won't take the risk as he doesn't believe cheaper prices leads to higher sales. He is tasked to get 2,5 million in and he just about scrapes that so deems himself an absolute maestro by shafting the 8500 faithful and charging top dollar because he knows they will pay it,

If those 8500 want to buy season tickets, that is their prerogative, but don't moan about it later on. 

What would I be moaning about re the product itself? I buy one for 23 league games at Ewood, I get what I pay for.

What I do ‘moan’ about is the fact the club does absolutely nothing to try and get more than c8500 to join me, indeed they price it at a level to actively avoid it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, JHRover said:

I understand the point you're making JH and we could do much more as a club. 

But I would just point out that Bolton Met borough population is over 300,000, yet we've had bigger gates over the past 30yrs I'd wager.

I'd take administration today if it meant getting rid of these owners.

Only when we get rid of Venkys can the club start to mend itself and I'd wager, with the right people at the club, the town will support the new regime in big numbers.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

These sort of 'deals' achieve nothing. They know this down there, or if they don't they've had their heads in the sand for years. Yet like with the Swansea/Cardiff bundle they keep on doing the same old routine seemingly expecting a different result.

All they do is dilute even further the benefits and purpose behind committing to a season ticket in the summer.

• Like 1

jeez,they try the same approach every autumn and winter,the epitome of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again in the hope that it will somehow work,looking at rovers long term is actually very scary,there is`nt one unless we rid ourselves of the indians and swag,maybe they`ll all get put in jail over their alleged fraud or their accountant insists they offload rovers,their profits fell a lot in the last quarter so lets hope they are in a bit of financial strife

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jeez,they try the same approach every autumn and winter,the epitome of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again in the hope that it will somehow work,looking at rovers long term is actually very scary,there is`nt one unless we rid ourselves of the indians and swag,maybe they`ll all get put in jail over their alleged fraud or their accountant insists they offload rovers,their profits fell a lot in the last quarter so lets hope they are in a bit of financial strife

Just token jestures because they have to do something and it kills two birds with one stone when they get stick they turn round and say but nothing works here.

The sinister side of me, thinks this smells of trying to get a income boost now, rather than a drip feed, between now and Christmas, to aid cash flow.

Makes little sense, to offset walk ons which brings more income between now and Xmas for a club starving and requiring cut backs unless they need a cash boost now to pay pending bills.

Obviously I can't substantiate this, but will certainly be posing this question

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The sinister side of me, thinks this smells of trying to get a income boost now, rather than a drip feed, between now and Christmas, to aid cash flow.

Makes little sense, to offset walk ons which brings more income between now and Xmas for a club starving and requiring cut backs unless they need a cash boost now to pay pending bills.

Obviously I can't substantiate this, but will certainly be posing this question

maybe the proverbial is going to hit the fan and venkys stop funding us,pending they are ******* off and leaving us to manage on our own,which is fine by me,i`ll take whatever as long as we are free

• Like 1