BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

Stagnant sales despite two good seasons behind us and despite the ludicrously named 'super saver' which has clearly achieved nothing but treading water.

Stagnant an appropriate description for the bloke overseeing such woeful figures.

If you can't increase numbers after two promotion pushes there is something seriously wrong.

But bonuses achieved means he won't care.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

8,100 versus 9,300 from last season.

The latter figure includes half-season tickets and 18 game tickets, according to the LT.  I've no idea how many of these we sold, but I imagine we're going to have to still shift a good number of full ST's to match last season.

8,700 full STs when they went off sale last September, so we'll probably just about crawl back to that by this September. 👏

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, superniko said:

Waggots salary alone is over 10% of our total season ticket income. Not a chance he gives this gig up for retirement. 

And with a littany of excuses and deflection at every turn who can blame him?

Contracts of key assets run down and they walk for nothing? Not my fault, we did our best

Any footballing issue - not my department, ask Gregg or JDT

No money spent - well we tried but FFP

Season ticket sales stagnate - but remember the 80s!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looking at the online seat booker for the WBA game and by christ I've never seen so many seats available.

It won't be much different up until kick off when 3k walk ons will pitch up.

Not sure about that, JW is actually busier than it was for full STs last season, whereas the Blackburn End is quieter - which makes sense as it is balancing out overall to hit pretty similar figures to last summer by KO.

It's bleak generally at this club as pretty much everywhere else booms, but it's no worse than last year.

Edited by Mattyblue

Swag needs serious pressure put on him now, his lack of imagination and initiative is like having an anchor attached to Blackburn Rovers. 

Other clubs are seeing a boom in attendances, but Swag gets it wrong (not for himself) year after year. 

Time to go Steve, for the sake of our club and it's fans who you clearly don't care about.

• Like 7

They missed the boat to boost gates after promotion from league one and now  they are missing it again.

Less is more, typical Waggot thinking.

I'd bet my last quid that if they'd knocked 50 pounds off the early bird we'd be around 10k now and that would have been a significant boost. We had a cup run last season which wasn't projected for and must've boosted the income easily enough to offset that.

Edited by tomphil

A different perspective  - I had a ST for 44 years.  Had 5 for many years in the Family Stand.  Kids now grown up and long gone.  They no longer live close enough to consider a ST - one lives abroad.  I gave up when Swag refused a refund of the lost matches in the curtailed season during Covid.  Bit by bit I was dragged back last season by friends, and ended up attending around 3/4 of the games at Ewood.  If I'd bought a ST, a half ST or even a Final 5, I would've lost money.  Theres never an issue in getting a match day ticket.  In fact, for most matches, I could take my own deck-chair.  So what's the point of having a ST at Ewood??  Swag needs to consider this.  A ST is less relevant now than when I bought my first one in 1976 - 6k crowds in a 30k stadium.  A ST meant something in those days.

5 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

A different perspective  - I had a ST for 44 years.  Had 5 for many years in the Family Stand.  Kids now grown up and long gone.  They no longer live close enough to consider a ST - one lives abroad.  I gave up when Swag refused a refund of the lost matches in the curtailed season during Covid.  Bit by bit I was dragged back last season by friends, and ended up attending around 3/4 of the games at Ewood.  If I'd bought a ST, a half ST or even a Final 5, I would've lost money.  Theres never an issue in getting a match day ticket.  In fact, for most matches, I could take my own deck-chair.  So what's the point of having a ST at Ewood??  Swag needs to consider this.  A ST is less relevant now than when I bought my first one in 1976 - 6k crowds in a 30k stadium.  A ST meant something in those days.

Fans meant something to the club in those days. Now they don't.