BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Guess who

If he had been born 20 years later, the only time he would have been in Bargain Booze would have been to pick up another bottle or two of Bollinger for his (latest) missus on the way home to Alderley Edge from the golf club..

How the Mighty (Quinn) are fallen indeed..

On 29/03/2023 at 21:19, PotterLog said:

This picture was posted on our board, he was making a delivery to Bargain Booze in the fine city of Stoke-on-Trent. Scored a few goals against us back in the day, for various clubs..

I presume it will be easier for you lot than it was for us...

image.png.288b4e0d3f88cb9a15e69e0dda7d1e23.png

And a few for us…

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

If he had been born 20 years later, the only time he would have been in Bargain Booze would have been to pick up another bottle or two of Bollinger for his (latest) missus on the way home to Alderley Edge from the golf club..

How the Mighty (Quinn) are fallen indeed..

That got brought home to me many years ago. I was walking across the warehouse at the place I served my time when who should I see walking towards me pushing a sack truck but Stan Milburn. The last time I saw him playing was at his testimonial game a month or two ago when a host of old time stars turned out for him.

His name might not mean anything now but he was Jackie Milburn’s brother and Bobby and Jackie Charlton’s uncle. He’d had a long career in football at several clubs , mainly at Leicester City, before he wound down at Rochdale. He’d been an England “ B “ international in his time. Yet a month or two after retiring from football he was working as a labourer in a warehouse.

At least our works football team got a good player/coach. He was a lovely man, no side to him at all. No great “ I am “. He played amateur football well into his mid fifties.

RIP Stan and thanks for the memories.

• Like 2

I remember him hitting the bar for NI v England with a bullet header, I don't recall him doing much in blue n white. 

Our fans didn't like him though, he was one player that good booed from time to time, never will understand that in any era.