BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

I’ve stated this already, 5 points from 24 isn’t good enough and JDT has made mistakes and we have had wretched luck. However, I think the worse possible outcome is for us to lose the Manager. He will have learnt a lot this year, back him and we could have a decent chance next year.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If the club are planning on a firesale, then venkys can rot in hell and its time for major protests not that the obedient mind enslaved supporters will bother.  We are truly fucked if this is true and i hope its not.  We can never build something sustainable because we are based on quicksand 

Where have you got that from? 

Everything the club has done since Mowbray left would suggest it's absolute rubbish. 

38 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m also struggling with the idea of it being an enjoyable season too. The events of Tuesday night will haunt me for a long time.

Not bothered about Tuesday night particularly, but I'd say it's been one of the least enjoyable seasons I've seen. Might be a bit better than what was an offer under Mowbray but that's an exceptionally low bar.

Good performances: (League)

Blackpool/Huddersfield away

Sunderland/Sheff Utd home?

• Like 3

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

I’ve stated this already, 5 points from 24 isn’t good enough and JDT has made mistakes and we have had wretched luck. However, I think the worse possible outcome is for us to lose the Manager. He will have learnt a lot this year, back him and we could have a decent chance next year.

Totally agree, I think we are starting to look a good team, it's just the obvious lack of a forward(s) that is letting us down. 

Ironically, the loss of Morton has probably impacted more than some would admit. We'll see if he gambles with playing Garrett In midfield to get Szmodics further forward. 

Even better if Gallagher is fit and Szmodics can play behind him. 

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not bothered about Tuesday night particularly, but I'd say it's been one of the least enjoyable seasons I've seen. Might be a bit better than what was an offer under Mowbray but that's an exceptionally low bar.

Good performances: (League)

Blackpool/Huddersfield away

Sunderland/Sheff Utd home?

Yep, contrast that with:

Burnley Home and Away,
Preston Home and Away
Rotherham Away
Reading Away
Luton Away

We have been absolutely shocking at times this season. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

Where have you got that from? 

Everything the club has done since Mowbray left would suggest it's absolute rubbish. 

From other posters. I didn't say it was true. Hoping it isnt

22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If the club are planning on a firesale, then venkys can rot in hell and its time for major protests not that the obedient mind enslaved supporters will bother.  We are truly fucked if this is true and i hope it’s not.  We can never build something sustainable because we are based on quicksand 

Surely they can’t be planning both a fire sale and only bringing in loans and freebies.

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They made a documentary about that class because it was so abnormal - and they still backed it with millions and millions of pounds. 

Yes and we have backed ours with millions of pounds for the league we're in. Not many of our academy players have looked out of place for a play-off chasing team Carter, JRC & Wharton have been some of our most consistant players when called upon. The academy players are not the issue its the consistant use of the likes of Diaz (post world cup), Hedges & Gallagher who are nowhere near the required standard and they are £10m+ in fees alone.

Is there any team in this division who have 2 players in the same team with combined fees of over £10m paid while in the Championship without parachute payments and without a sale of any note?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Yep, contrast that with:

Burnley Home and Away,
Preston Home and Away
Rotherham Away
Reading Away
Luton Away

Preston away we were very unlucky to be fair. Coventry away you can add to that list, one of the worst I’ve seen

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Yep, contrast that with:

Burnley Home and Away,
Preston Home and Away
Rotherham Away
Reading Away
Luton Away

Along with maggot and co sabotaging the transfer of players in January, it's these games that have ensured another season of failure.

If we'd have played these games with some effort and passion we'd have easily picked up at least five or six points.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Totally agree, I think we are starting to look a good team, it's just the obvious lack of a forward(s) that is letting us down. 

Ironically, the loss of Morton has probably impacted more than some would admit. We'll see if he gambles with playing Garrett In midfield to get Szmodics further forward. 

Even better if Gallagher is fit and Szmodics can play behind him. 

Imo, if the manager is to have any chance whatsoever of success here, he has to lose his seeming obsession with Gallagher and ditch him forthwith.

If we're to succeed he has to get everyone playing to their maximum, and get the team playing better than the sum of it's parts. You can't afford to carry any passengers, certainly not one as bad as that lummox.