BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

Luton weren't special when I went to Kenilworth Road but they're tough and pragmatic and they get the job done and win matches. Morris is a big lump up front and you wonder how he became a professional footballer but he scores goals and is a type of player we've lacked since Danny Graham finished. 

Our only hope is if we somehow manage to score first and hang on grimly by defending properly to the final whistle. If Luton score first we can forget it and might as well go home. 

On another note if Luton, bleeding, bloody naff Luton Town, reach the Premier League I might officially go mad and need locking up in padded cell.  There's enough rubbish southern fourth division clubs in the top flight without another

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Luton weren't special when I went to Kenilworth Road but they're tough and pragmatic and they get the job done and win matches. Morris is a big lump up front and you wonder how he became a professional footballer but he scores goals and is a type of player we've lacked since Danny Graham finished. 

Our only hope is if we somehow manage to score first and hang on grimly by defending properly to the final whistle. If Luton score first we can forget it and might as well go home. 

On another note if Luton, bleeding, bloody naff Luton Town, reach the Premier League I might officially go mad and need locking up in padded cell.  There's enough rubbish southern fourth division clubs in the top flight without another

imagine the high society of the premier league having to play at kenilworth road🤣

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't want Dolan up top, can't play there.

Kaminski

Rankin Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Wharton

Thomas Dack Szmodics

Brereton

Not ideal, but worth a go. Flip of a coin for who goes wide right.

You don't want to play Dolan up front but want to BBD there who doesn't play there or didn't press from the front? 

Why move Szmodics from playing from the number 10 role where he is playing well and in good form to playing wide left? 

You complain about playing players out of position but you just done it twice in your team selection? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You don't want to play Dolan up front but want to BBD there who doesn't play there or didn't press from the front? 

Why move Szmodics from playing from the number 10 role where he is playing well and in good form to playing wide left? 

You complain about playing players out of position but you just done it twice in your team selection? 

I would have Brereton in the middle just in the absence of strikers due to Broughton. At least he can score goals and it might get him more involved. 

Could go Dolan left and Szmodics central but I would prefer Dack over Dolan for a goal threat.

It is difficult to pick a team. We lack attacking quality and are in rotten form.

• Like 4

It's mental seeing such a nothing team like Luton in a play off position.

I haven't watched them play, barring our first game with them, so I have no idea if they're actually any good or not.

And, to be frank, I don't care; we need the points at any cost - and then we need to beat Millwall on the last day as well.

I'd stick Leonard up top from the start - he's hungry, knows where the goal is and (perhaps most critically), he's actually a striker.

Not sure I can bear much more of Dolan's pointless stepovers.

• Like 5

Just now, Andy said:

It's mental seeing such a nothing team like Luton in a play off position.

I haven't watched them play, barring our first game with them, so I have no idea if they're actually any good or not.

And, to be frank, I don't care; we need the points at any cost - and then we need to beat Millwall on the last day as well.

I'd stick Leonard up top from the start - he's hungry, knows where the goal is and (perhaps most critically), he's actually a striker.

Not sure I can bear much more of Dolan's pointless stepovers.

Exactly how I feel.

• Like 3

We are certainly due a win and the way we've been playing you'd expect us to hammer someone soon.

However we don't hammer anybody at the best of times iv'e never known a team who breaks forward so much be so shot shy and devoid of creating actual chances.

Rovers   1    Luton   1

BBD signs off with a penalty. they level within mins.

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I would have Brereton in the middle just in the absence of strikers due to Broughton. At least he can score goals and it might get him more involved. 

Could go Dolan left and Szmodics central but I would prefer Dack over Dolan for a goal threat.

It is difficult to pick a team. We lack attacking quality and are in rotten form.

BBD isn't a striker at all and would drift wide left natural. 

No its not a difficult to pick a team after the last night performance why change anything when it work overall 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

BBD isn't a striker at all and would drift wide left natural. 

No its not a difficult to pick a team after the last night performance why change anything when it work overall 

We lost and I barely remember a shot in anger. We havent scored many lately so I am just trying to find solutions to fix that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We lost and I barely remember a shot in anger. We havent scored many lately so I am just trying to find solutions to fix that.

But overall the performance was good. 

What did BBD do better than Dolan? 

Your solutions are weird given your stance on playing Dolan up front but then want to move Szmodics from the number 10 role when he is playing very well and in form plus play BBD up front which he can't do. 

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Wharton

Hedges Szmodics BBD

Dolan

subs:- Kaminski Philips Brittain Garrett Dack Leonard Thomas

Only you would put Dolan up top after his no shows in the last 3 games v Cov, Burnley and Nobbers.  I'd go as far as saying you are trolling 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But overall the performance was good. 

What did BBD do better than Dolan? 

Your solutions are weird given your stance on playing Dolan up front but then want to move Szmodics from the number 10 role when he is playing very well and in form plus play BBD up front which he can't do. 

From an attacking sense, it wasn't. Just trying to think out of the box. Get our top scorer up top.