BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

This is a load of rubbish.  He's been on the bench or not in the squad for more than half the season.

If you actually look at the facts, we tend to win when he's not playing and lose when he is....the stats are there for all to see.

Over rated chump but let's not let facts get in the way of the Bucko love in

If you look at the stats a bit closer, you will find that Buckley started in our 4 consecutive wins in February/Early March, got injured in the next game against Stoke, which then followed with us winning 1 game in the next 10.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If you look at the stats a bit closer, you will find that Buckley started in our 4 consecutive wins in February/Early March, got injured in the next game against Stoke, which then followed with us winning 1 game in the next 10.

Look at the beginning of the season and then use your memory.  We have been better without throughout the season, JDT froze him out and even said he needed to improve...🤷‍♂️

Take the Bucko tinted specs off, Wharton is about 5 years younger and 5 years better.

• Like 1

I'm not swayed either way with Buckley.

He was out of the side for a while like you say to improve, he got back in and was really finding his groove before his injury at Stoke.

Played a key roll in those 4 consecutive wins.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not swayed either way with Buckley.

He was out of the side for a while like you say to improve, he got back in and was really finding his groove before his injury at Stoke.

Played a key roll in those 4 consecutive wins.

Check his stats, Bucko has never found his groove....Why do you accept such mediocrity when we have much better in young Wharton ...just need to buy a proper championship midfielder to play with the lad, an enforcer to allow him to do the damage.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Actually think the upturn in Buckley's form coincided with the arrival of Thomas. With Thomas playing there was an outlet ball alongside it allowing JRC to offer assistance coming into midfield from RB. Buckley seemed to benefit from this. Losing both Buckley and the seemingly loss of form from Thomas I feel has combined to cause a lot of Rovers problems since the semi 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Look at the beginning of the season and then use your memory.  We have been better without throughout the season, JDT froze him out and even said he needed to improve...🤷‍♂️

Take the Bucko tinted specs off, Wharton is about 5 years younger and 5 years better.

Your judgement isn't the best when it comes to our Academy graduates. History tells us that. There is clearly a deep personal issue there.

Bucko is a baller. The connoisseurs of the beautiful game all know that.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

When Buckley has started:
W8 D5 L7

When Buckley hasn't started:

W15 D6 L12

So if anything, we are ever so slightly better when he doesn't start, but not much in it.

A more surprising one is Sam Gallagher.

We've won 18 of the 30 games that he's started - 60%.

We've won 5 of the 23 games he hasn't started - 22%.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

If you actually look at the facts, we tend to win when he's not playing and lose when he is....the stats are there for all to see.

False.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

When Buckley has started:
W8 D5 L7

When Buckley hasn't started:

W15 D6 L12

Losses when he starts - 35%

Losses when he doesn't start - 36%

FACTS

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Actually think the upturn in Buckley's form coincided with the arrival of Thomas. With Thomas playing there was an outlet ball alongside it allowing JRC to offer assistance coming into midfield from RB. Buckley seemed to benefit from this. Losing both Buckley and the seemingly loss of form from Thomas I feel has combined to cause a lot of Rovers problems since the semi 

Agreed 100% - the main issue this season with the new way of playing from JDT  is no outball, basically asking inexperienced lads who play on confidence to get the ball from the back 4 who have spent 20mins passing it back and forth, then play a killer Hollywood pass up front. AW is an anomaly, the only lad who can come short, collect the ball under pressure from Hyam, drop the shoulder, beat his man and get the team moving forward. Morton can't do that, Buckley is somewhere inbetween, they need some movement. As much as I detest players like B*rnes and Russell Martin, having someone who can hold the ball up and chest down a lay off to buy some breathing space is worth its weight in gold. You can just fire the ball at them.

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Check his stats, Bucko has never found his groove....Why do you accept such mediocrity when we have much better in young Wharton ...just need to buy a proper championship midfielder to play with the lad, an enforcer to allow him to do the damage.

Buckley got much better, stats are meaningless in this case for any of our midfield, they're playing with nothing up front to aim at. If we don't get a striker and a decent attacking mid or winger Wharton's stats won't look any better either. Seems to be the argument with Burnley fans after Tuesday, they appreciate AW looked good but he couldn't affect the game as we are so blunt in attack, SS offering the only movement. AW played some amazing first time through balls but Diaz and Thomas always strayed offside. That pass for Hedges attempt chip on 94mins against PNE comes to mind too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Buckley got much better, stats are meaningless 

I'm talking more about when he was out the team in Sept we tended to win, when he played we tended not to win...I've checked.  JDT dropped him to the 21s for ages because of his form at the start of the season.  I'm surprised you don't remember all this.

We need to buy someone to replace him and the hapless Travis in there so that Wharton can play his natural game....this must be our main priority along with a striker .

Edited by Sparks Rover

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm talking more about when he was out the team in Sept we tended to win, when he played we tended not to win...I've checked. 

We played 3 matches in September. He didn't start any of them. We won 1 and lost 2.

"When he was out the team in Sept we tended to win"

Tended to win one game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We played 3 matches in September. He didn't start any of them. We won 1 and lost 2.

"When he was out the team in Sept we tended to win"

Tended to win one game.

FACTS ☝️

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Your judgement isn't the best when it comes to our Academy graduates. History tells us that. There is clearly a deep personal issue there.

Bucko is a baller. The connoisseurs of the beautiful game all know that.

The personal issue being that he wants a date with Ben Whiteman and thinks this will get him that 😉 

I'm surprised you don't remember all this.

I do remember him dropping in form, but to be expected with the nature of his experience and the state of the team and the fact that early on this season I think they were suffering from being "over coached" (did you hear about that 4-5 second rule in training they do?). I also remember other midfielders dropping in form too, again I think the job of midfielder has been the most thankless task this season.

We need to buy someone to replace him and the hapless Travis in there so that Wharton can play his natural game....this must be our main priority along with a striker .

Definitely, but cannot bring myself to criticise Travis. Get O'Brien and watch Buckley and AW thrive.

I'll give the award for "most obvious statement ever made on the forum" to myself. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wharton is about 5 years younger and 5 years better.

Is that a measure of a footballers ability?

Find me a new striker that is 8 years better than Gallagher and left back that is 5 years better than Pickering.

• Like 1

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Is that a measure of a footballers ability?

Find me a new striker that is 8 years better than Gallagher and left back that is 5 years better than Pickering.

Me and me again.

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

This is a load of rubbish.  He's been on the bench or not in the squad for more than half the season.

I'm not talking about the whole season (he was poor early on). When he came back in a few months ago, he played well and we seemed to lose form once he got injured.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I don't think Buckley really made the difference everyone was hoping for when he played this season. He was playing most at a time when the entire team were struggling to adapt to JDT's style of play, though, so I suppose that has to be taken into account. Worth noting he played quite a lot during our 8 game unbeaten run from Jan to March, though, and we've only won once since he got injured.

He's on a long-term deal, and I don't think his performances this season would attract any major interest from anybody with enough cash to make us a decent offer for him. Have to hope next season we see his potential begin to shine through properly. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3