BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

last season failure was down to the manager. This season is very different firstly. 

If you look at when we won the PL we did it the hard way and only got 7 points from our last 6 games that season if when we got promotion in 91/92 season which we lost 7 on the bounce before getting 8 points from our last 4 games to secure that 6th place. the rest is history as we got through the playoffs and promotion that season

The manager takes the blame in both instances just as both managers deserved praise for strong initial positions. Tomasson has made a number of poor decisions in the last 7 games that have contributed to our poor points tally. He isnt exempt from criticism.

Ultimately though both managers were hindered by a lack of quality caused by the owners and staff above.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Another goal for Hirst, I wish he was playing for us on Monday. Letting him go was big mistake, not replacing him even bigger mistake, shit show 😡

ipswich play completely different from us,hirst is running on to the ball where he was`nt with us,he was`nt good enough to adjust his game

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The manager takes the blame in both instances just as both managers deserved praise for strong initial positions. Tomasson has made a number of poor decisions in the last 7 games that have contributed to our poor points tally. He isnt exempt from criticism.

Ultimately though both managers were hindered by a lack of quality caused by the owners and staff above.

He’s not to blame for the January window, ask Greg !

With Sunderland 2 down (oops, 2-1 now) and Coventry 2 up, looking like we will need to get at least a draw from Luton to still have a mathematical chance (unless there's a ridiculous turnaround in GD from us unexpectedly thrashing Millwall). We would then need to also beat Millwall, and we would be guaranteed to be in the playoffs (assuming Sunderland don't snatch something against Watford).

If we manage to beat Luton, and Coventry lose away to Boro, we would be capable of finishing as high as 5th, but (realistically) regardless what happens we need to beat Millwall away and get at least a point at Luton. That's the only route to landing in the playoffs I believe, and it will also be guaranteed if we do that. Meaning it's still in our hands. Our butterfingery hands.

Looks like a draw really is pretty much as good as a win against Luton, it won't make any difference to our chances of reaching the playoffs, a win would only mean there's an outside chance of finishing 5th rather than 6th.

(Someone correct me if I've missed something here...obviously I'm assuming Sunderland don't scrape a point here)

Edited by bluebruce

If results stay as they are and west brom norwich is a draw then we could get away with a point vs Luton. There's no other way for us to get in other than beating Millwall. 

In fact in the above scenario beating luton makes no difference to a draw. All it would do is open up a route to 5th place which I'm not sure is particularly advantageous to us.

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If results stay as they are and west brom norwich is a draw then we could get away with a point vs Luton. There's no other way for us to get in other than beating Millwall. 

In fact in the above scenario beating luton makes no difference to a draw. All it would do is open up a route to 5th place which I'm not sure is particularly advantageous to us.

Ahh yes, I missed that if West Brom win their last two games they'd have the same points as we would from drawing with Luton and beating Millwall.

Fuck, Sunderland just equalised!

So now we also need Preston to do us a favour and beat Sunderland in a game where Preston have nothing to play for. Yeh I'm sure they'll be well up for doing us a favour.

Think we are probably going to need to win both remaining games to do it now. Not happening IMO.

• Like 1