BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

Ipswich have capped Season ticket sales at 21,000 for next season and all are already sold. Full house tomorrow against Exeter. Impressive support but obviously huge catchment area.

It’s amazing what some goodwill and relative success can do to stimulate a dormant / repressed fan base.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Dead Rubber for us.

totally rubbish, this is far from a dead rubber and I'm annoyed with defeatist and negative attitude by some Rovers fans. Where is the belief in your club that you support?  

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

totally rubbish, this is far from a dead rubber and I'm annoyed with deafest and negative attitude by some Rovers fans. Where is the belief in your club that you support?  

It’s not over until the fat lady sings, we live in hope but fear the worst.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

totally rubbish, this is far from a dead rubber and I'm annoyed with deafest and negative attitude by some Rovers fans. Where is the belief in your club that you support?  

It's not all over for us, most fans still have belief, just not blind faith.

• Like 3

One thing I will say, is whoever on the media side of things who keeps highlighting the players saying all these games are "cup finals" needs to stop. I'm actually sick of hearing it now. We've heard it since coming out of the international break between every game - we've won zero and it's starting to grate a bit.

• Like 2

Coventry's fanbase is dire for the size of the place and always has been.

Even way before their hard times and they haven't been playing in front of anything like that all season. 

So they all turn up now, big deal.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Ipswich have capped Season ticket sales at 21,000 for next season and all are already sold. Full house tomorrow against Exeter. Impressive support but obviously huge catchment area.

there is jack all other sport in suffolk and only one football team so no surprise that ipswich get good crowds,hope they get back to where they belong,used to love that side of the early 80`s,should have won the league,frans thijsen was a genius!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

One thing I will say, is whoever on the media side of things who keeps highlighting the players saying all these games are "cup finals" needs to stop. I'm actually sick of hearing it now. We've heard it since coming out of the international break between every game - we've won zero and it's starting to grate a bit.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Agreed. I just ignore what players are instructed to say in the media.

It's what they do in game time that matters. Only that.

For example, when conceding late in a game it would be nice to see us go all out to score late on ..... rather like other teams do. If I see Carter just passing it back to Pears or into Hyam in that situation, which is usually all he does, God help the TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Obviously it isnt a dead rubber, but is it any wonder that people lack belief in a team that has not won in 7 and similarly fell apart last season?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Agreed. I just ignore what players are instructed to say in the media.

It's what they do in game time that matters. Only that.

Exactly right, but when it’s the manager coming out with the platitudes pre match some fans get very irate.

It’s all banal stuff just to help local media fill pages/air time.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Since McKenna and the new owners arrived there's been a huge surge in belief that the club is going in a very positive direction, which obviously helps after a good five years of what has essentially been a continuous decline. It's ridiculous that a club of Ipswich's size has been finishing mid-table in League 1 for the past few years. Those failures seem to have torpedoed Hurst, Lambert and Cook's careers. I certainly know the fans are back now, though, as traffic on Saturdays is back to being horrendous on match days. It's fair to say the fans have paid their pennence for the way they behaved towards McCarthy, anyway., not that many of them will admit, even now, that the ownership was far more to blame than Mick ever was.

40 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there is jack all other sport in suffolk and only one football team so no surprise that ipswich get good crowds,hope they get back to where they belong,used to love that side of the early 80`s,should have won the league,frans thijsen was a genius!!!!!!!!

Pretty much guaranteed they're going up at this point. They'd essentially need to get less than two points from their remaining two games, at home to Exeter and away to Fleetwood - and it seems unfathomable that they'd fail to get at least two points from those matches considering their ridiculously good form in the past few months. Plymouth almost certain to go up as well, which is some achievement for them. Everyone assumed Plymouth would fall away, much like Shrewsbury did when they were challenging us and Wigan in League 1, but they've stayed the course and much like Ipswich only need two points from their remaining two games to go up. 

Sheffield Wednesday meanwhile could finish third and end up in the playoffs with up to 96 points, which is insane really. It will surely be one of the highest points totals to finish third in League 1 history. If they then went out in the playoffs that would be a real kick in the teeth, to say the least.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DE. said:

Since McKenna and the new owners arrived there's been a huge surge in belief that the club is going in a very positive direction, which obviously helps after a good five years of what has essentially been a continuous decline. It's ridiculous that a club of Ipswich's size has been finishing mid-table in League 1 for the past few years. Those failures seem to have torpedoed Hurst, Lambert and Cook's careers. I certainly know the fans are back now, though, as traffic on Saturdays is back to being horrendous on match days. It's fair to say the fans have paid their pennence for the way they behaved towards McCarthy, anyway., not that many of them will admit, even now, that the ownership was far more to blame than Mick ever was.

Pretty much guaranteed they're going up at this point. They'd essentially need to get less than two points from their remaining two games, at home to Exeter and away to Fleetwood - and it seems unfathomable that they'd fail to get at least two points from those matches considering their ridiculously good form in the past few months. Plymouth almost certain to go up as well, which is some achievement for them. Everyone assumed Plymouth would fall away, much like Shrewsbury did when they were challenging us and Wigan in League 1, but they've stayed the course and much like Ipswich only need two points from their remaining two games to go up. 

Sheffield Wednesday meanwhile could finish third and end up in the playoffs with up to 96 points, which is insane really. It will surely be one of the highest points totals to finish third in League 1 history. If they then went out in the playoffs that would be a real kick in the teeth, to say the least.

I worked in Ipswich for 5 years DE, lived in Debenham when the Tractor Boys were dining at the top table under George Burley.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously it isnt a dead rubber, but is it any wonder that people lack belief in a team that has not won in 7 and similarly fell apart last season?

last season failure was down to the manager. This season is very different firstly. 

If you look at when we won the PL we did it the hard way and only got 7 points from our last 6 games that season if when we got promotion in 91/92 season which we lost 7 on the bounce before getting 8 points from our last 4 games to secure that 6th place. the rest is history as we got through the playoffs and promotion that season

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pardon?

• Like 3

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I worked in Ipswich for 5 years DE, lived in Debenham when the Tractor Boys were dining at the top table under George Burley.

Certainly the modern peak as far as Ipswich are concerned! The only minor positive of Rovers failing to go up this season is that I'll be able to see us play at both Portman Road and Carrow Road next season. Hopefully with JDT leading a proper promotion charge.