BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

Of course WBA came from 1 down to be 2-1 up at the moment...another team that if we draw Luton and beat Millwall will still have a strong chance of pipping us on GD. Just not gonna happen unless we absolutely turn it on for these last two games after getting shite results for ages.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Of course WBA came from 1 down to be 2-1 up at the moment...another team that if we draw Luton and beat Millwall will still have a strong chance of pipping us on GD. Just not gonna happen unless we absolutely turn it on for these last two games after getting shite results for ages.

Probably not but we can only hope and pray 🙏

27 minutes ago, levi said:

Come on lads we're out of our bad run now,it's just been a blip😬

It's not even a bad run - we're playing well, just nobody can put the ball in the back of the net.

Speaking of, Undav scored two today for Brighton. That would have been a nice January signing. 

• Like 5

It’s not a bad run we are a great watch just can’t finish it. Worse Lady Luck has turned her face on us. Mathematically however if we win both we are in the play offs. I think I’m right and if so it’s still in our own hands. Hopefully luck has changed 

• Like 3

• Backroom

I don't think you can say it isn't a bad run just because we haven't been performing terribly. Results are ultimately all that matters and it is a bad run, regardless of whether we've been playing well or not. I'm not sure how far down the table you'd have to go to find a team that hasn't won in eight matches. When it was five I believe it was Hull in 15th. 

You can say it isn't a bad run of performances, sure, but when most people talk about a bad run they're talking about points gained over a period of time. Good performances in spite of that don't give us any extra points.

• Like 5

So 2 wins does it, 4 points COULD do it, but the 4 points would have to be a draw on Monday and a win on the final day; the other way around would be no good as it would mean Millwall would be on the same points as us and both theirs and Coventry’s goal difference would be better?

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Not after Burnley it wasn't. It now is again. 

It was way before that have you all forgotten the cushion we had over Norwich ?

so much so that some were calling the Bumley game the daft term 'free hit'.

Amazing we are still in with a sniff but we'll take the chance.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

So 2 wins does it, 4 points COULD do it, but the 4 points would have to be a draw on Monday and a win on the final day; the other way around would be no good as it would mean Millwall would be on the same points as us and both theirs and Coventry’s goal difference would be better?

Then Mowbrayland beat Preston and Baggies win. 

State of our goal difference ffs

Edited by Tricky
  • Like 1

Clutching at straws??

Lady Luck has not been disposed towards us of late. It's time for luck to turn!!

We're short of goals from our shot shy guys. Is there an alternative source of goals?

Forum contributors should not ignore the OG stat that I have discovered.

Luton appear to have so far scored 4 -  Lockyer(2) and Morris and Horvath (1 each).

Millwall appear to have scored 2 - Bradshaw and Hutchinson (1 each).

If our guys can't do it the opposition could!!

Fingers crossed!!

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Know what we need to do, if we don’t do it, we can bemoan luck all we want but I won’t, will 100% be our own doing.

brereton has to play up top, not that I want him to but literally our only striker.

dolan has cost us points by being up there , some big misses

I'd play Leonard at #9 with Hedges wide left and Thomas wide right.

Brereton wouldn't even make the bench.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Loving the optimism!!