BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't mind the Batth signing - it's always good to bring in quality - but if funds are tight and we're clearly 2 short up front it seems odd.

Because we can't afford anyone up front yet.

If Batth happens it will be for free or a nominal fee.Doesnt look to be many decent attackers available for free or nominal fees unless you seen some?

We will sign more forward players but unless we sell someone it will be the loan market and typically they don't happen until later in the window 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Because we can't afford anyone up front yet.

If Batth happens it will be for free or a nominal fee.Doesnt look to be many decent attackers available for free or nominal fees unless you seen some?

We will sign more forward players but unless we sell someone it will be the loan market and typically they don't happen until later in the window 

He still has to get paid - you think a 32 year old POTS is coming in for peanuts?

I'll say sell both Pears and Wharton. Keep Kaminski and get Batth in. I know it's early but we all know the errors Scott Wharton and Aynsley Pears has done over the last seasons and they don't seem to learn in a friendly..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, neophox said:

I'll say sell both Pears and Wharton. Keep Kaminski and get Batth in. I know it's early but we all know the errors Scott Wharton and Aynsley Pears has done over the last seasons and they don't seem to learn in a friendly..

Seeing that Pears was given a long term contract about a month ago, its highly unlikely

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Nice to see Hedges and Dolan scoring though. 

I think it was Vale and Dolan who scored against Stanley last year. It means nothing, really, as they both had poor seasons thereafter. Hopefully it'll be different this time around.

My suspicion is that the first preseason game is just something that players don't really bust a gut over. It doesn't really bother me, but it might have been a bit embarrassing to have not scored at all in 120 minutes.

Onto Austria. But not for me. 😩

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He still has to get paid - you think a 32 year old POTS is coming in for peanuts?

Wages ain't the issue tho.We ain't going to be paying a striker 20-25k a week.

If they are bringing Batth in they will be doing it with the budget in mind that a forward or 2 need to be added

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I think it was Vale and Dolan who scored against Stanley last year. It means nothing, really, as they both had poor seasons thereafter. Hopefully it'll be different this time around.

My suspicion is that the first preseason game is just something that players don't really bust a gut over. It doesn't really bother me, but it might have been a bit embarrassing to have not scored at all in 120 minutes.

Onto Austria. But not for me. 😩

Did Dolan have a poor season last year? 5 goals and 5 assists whilst playing all over the front line - not bad for a 20 year old.

Vale was completely anonymous, mind. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I left at half time of the second game, but Batty had been poor 

My mate agrees in a way, says he can see a player there, had some decent moments but still pretty raw, very good pace but sometimes defensively asleep, maybe in a year he will be ready to properly challenge but right now he thinks a loan could do him well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wages ain't the issue tho.We ain't going to be paying a striker 20-25k a week.

If they are bringing Batth in they will be doing it with the budget in mind that a forward or 2 need to be added

We need a starting CF and a starting RW at a bare minimum. Ideally you'd bring in a #10 to back up Szmodics (or steal his job). You have to contribute to the wages of loanees, so that budget will be extremely tight if we do this right.

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Did Dolan have a poor season last year? 5 goals and 5 assists whilst playing all over the front line - not bad for a 20 year old.

Vale was completely anonymous, mind. 

You forget how young he is! Still loads of time for development…However he still a lot better coming off the bench for me so defiantly one to keep.

• Like 1