BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

Season wrapped up means in the next few weeks the pre season schedule should be coming to light. 

anyone heard of anything so far ? As expected I believe they will be heading to Spain or something on a weeks training camp, would like to see us play accy Stanley again, matches against Stockport and salfird would be good tests, hopefully a trip to Scotland again too 

We can usually pick any 4 from Stanley, Rochdale, Oldham, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Barrow, Carlisle, or occasionally we have gone slightly further afield to Hartlepool, York, Grimsby, Lincoln, Port Vale, Mansfield etc.

Suppose the interesting ones will be whether we bother with a home friendly, which I think is unlikely unless we manage to persuade a 'big' club to come to Ewood otherwise it won't be worthwhile for Waggott

And whether we are playing a game overseas, which hasn't happened for the last 6 summers since we played in Salzburg v Sparta Prague ahead of the League One season.

It would be nice to do something abroad again but expect as is the tradition Rovers will keep any such plans a closely guarded state secret until a few days beforehand making it difficult or impossible for any supporters to be involved.

As part of pre season the analysts should put together a compilation of de Bruyne taking shots from distance.

He is a master of the technique required to achieve real power and accuracy from distance.

Make the players watch it on repeat loop.

It would cost nowt.

• Like 2

I hope we go a pre training camp maybe Austria or Scotland. plus a few away local friendlies like against Stanley, Fleetwood, Blackpool and Bradford would be welcome plus home friendly against German club or PL like Villa or Wolves would be good

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A glamour tie at home to Wolves in front of a few thousand if it isn't too much of an inconvenience to them. Welcome to Venkys owned Blackburn Rovers.

who after a glamour tie? Most PL clubs will be in USA or far east in pre season which makes any glamour tie impossible 

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

who after a glamour tie? Most PL clubs will be in USA or far east in pre season which makes any glamour tie impossible 

Yeap! Gone are the days of big clubs visiting lower league local sides, thing is they are gonna get a better test than flying to the other end of the world to to play the same teams they play in Europe or the prem or even some shite mls team, then they have the audacity to complain in winter that they need a break, they use pre season as a money maker which is loose change anyway than what’s it’s really about, not to mention the boost it will give lower league clubs in gate receipts, plus a lower league club getting a positive result will be a big confidence booster for them. Imagine we get city down at ewood  ? Haaland alone woukd attract the extra fans especially kids who look up to him. Last time we had a big home pre season game was when we got Liverpool down and it was a fantastic atmosphere too 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It will be Fylde, Barrow, Accy, no?

I'd bet my bottom dollar on Accy being one given the money Stanley must have made from Rovers fans on tickets and bar sales last year.

Wouldn't surprise me if Port Vale was one with the Dunn/Flitcroft/Dan Butterworth connection. 

2 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Yeap! Gone are the days of big clubs visiting lower league local sides, thing is they are gonna get a better test than flying to the other end of the world to to play the same teams they play in Europe or the prem or even some shite mls team, then they have the audacity to complain in winter that they need a break, they use pre season as a money maker which is loose change anyway than what’s it’s really about, not to mention the boost it will give lower league clubs in gate receipts, plus a lower league club getting a positive result will be a big confidence booster for them. Imagine we get city down at ewood  ? Haaland alone woukd attract the extra fans especially kids who look up to him. Last time we had a big home pre season game was when we got Liverpool down and it was a fantastic atmosphere too 

Exactly but I sure we could get a Wolves or maybe Leeds here. Or even Celtic or Dutch or Belgium team. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'd bet my bottom dollar on Accy being one given the money Stanley must have made from Rovers fans on tickets and bar sales last year.

Wouldn't surprise me if Port Vale was one with the Dunn/Flitcroft/Dan Butterworth connection. 

Maybe Rovers should use the Stanley connection where we could send our good up and coming players to play first team football. 

I hope we play Blackpool and Morecambe in pre season. Good local games I would be able to go to. 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly but I sure we could get a Wolves or maybe Leeds here. Or even Celtic or Dutch or Belgium team. 

Maybe Rovers should use the Stanley connection where we could send our good up and coming players to play first team football. 

I hope we play Blackpool and Morecambe in pre season. Good local games I would be able to go to. 

Yeah always said we should look to send players on loan there but at the same time they need to suit those players, we want our lads playing good football but wouldn’t be so bad for leanord to go to l2 and toughen up plus get a taste for goals in the big boy leagues, Phillips and garret we should be looking at a top half l1 club 

1 minute ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Yeah always said we should look to send players on loan there but at the same time they need to suit those players, we want our lads playing good football but wouldn’t be so bad for leanord to go to l2 and toughen up plus get a taste for goals in the big boy leagues, Phillips and garret we should be looking at a top half l1 club 

I would be keep Phillips, Garrett and Leonard here for next season. I would loan Jack Vale out next season to league 1 club. 

• Backroom
6 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Nah vale is far from good enough and is at an age now, he’s more suited to l1 at best 

As recently as November we all thought that of JRC

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be keep Phillips, Garrett and Leonard here for next season. I would loan Jack Vale out next season to league 1 club. 

Dont get this, lose experience, replacing with youth.

We may disagree on the type of midfielder but we both agree that we need one in. Add to Travis, Wharton, Buckley, Rankin Costello, Szmodics and maybe Brierley, how many games is Garrett going to realistically play? Get him to try and play regularly and well in League 1 and re-evaluate. Questions over quality and also how much he will play.

Likewise Leonard, he hasn't played despite us not having strikers. Is he going to play anything other than the odd cameo if he stays? Get him scoring in League 1 if he is up to it. Id sell Vale, nowhere near and never will be.

Phillips is the most complex, the closest to the team but again, how often will he play? Ideally he would go and prove that he can play 40 games a season for 90 minutes as he has had issues cramping up in many games. Get someone with experience which we need and let Ayala go.