BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

Did he go to India in the end? I remember the furore when it was suggested that he might not.

I do wonder how truly happy he is. He always seemed to have a chip on his shoulder post January shambles, he sounded at his limit post Millwall and I bet he had his heart set on Feyenoord. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

Still a gap mid July.

Looks like they've pulled the plug on Austria.

I think they've got a training camp booked there so doubt they'll pull the plug on that part 

They were hoping to have two games out there, then last week Rich Sharpe suggested it would only be one.

Still think it will go ahead but in typical Rovers fashion it will only be announced at the latest possible date making it as difficult as possible for fans to go out.

They'll squeeze a game in against SV Ried purely because we played them the other year and will still have someone's phone number. Quite a few Austrian teams already have a fair few friendlies planned so we'd better be sharp....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Where in Austria will it be and when?

I don't think a location was ever rumoured but the rumour was 2 games, one on Friday 14th and one on Saturday 15th. The rumours have now dried up and there's radio silence from the club regarding it.

Meanwhile a club 10 miles west of us have laid on free coaches from Benidorm to their game 90 minutes away. Chalk and cheese compared to the shambles behind the scenes at Ewood.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, roversfan2001 said:

I don't think a location was ever rumoured but the rumour was 2 games, one on Friday 14th and one on Saturday 15th. The rumours have now dried up and there's radio silence from the club regarding it.

Meanwhile a club 10 miles west of us have laid on free coaches from Benidorm to their game 90 minutes away. Chalk and cheese compared to the shambles behind the scenes at Ewood.

Chalk and cheese like you say. 
We were specifically told they’d announce details well in advance so any travelling fans can plan and book in advance. 
A month later and still nothing. 
They would be better keeping their mouth shut. 
Run by morons. Waggott out. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, roversfan2001 said:

Same club that's seemingly in awe of our scouting and recruitment as they piss fart about with no signings.....

I mean in terms of priorities I know which I'd take over a coach from Benidorm 😵‍💫

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Same club that's seemingly in awe of our scouting and recruitment as they piss fart about with no signings.....

I mean in terms of priorities I know which I'd take over a coach from Benidorm 😵‍💫

It's not a choice between the two though is it? Just like with the season ticket pricing structure, though no doubt someone will be along shortly to say that we wouldn't have been able to sign Tronstad or Sigurdsson if we only charged £280.

32 minutes ago, roversfan2001 said:

It's not a choice between the two though is it? Just like with the season ticket pricing structure, though no doubt someone will be along shortly to say that we wouldn't have been able to sign Tronstad or Sigurdsson if we only charged £280.

It's not a gun to the head choice between the 2 no, but I sure as hell know which option I'd pick

On 06/06/2023 at 19:56, RoversClitheroe said:

Got excited thinking we'd be playing against the greatest player of recent times for Rovers, turns out he's at Granada 

Granada is Spanish for pomegranate.

They just don't want fans there. No money to be made so Waggott not interested, in fact he's probably annoyed that we're incurring the expense and he'd rather we went to Skegness or somewhere.

Beneath him nobody interested or bothered. Imagine they'll be quite happy if no fans there

Unfortunately for them you can't pick and choose or turn support on and off at your convenience. Other clubs recognise this which is why they let people know what is happening.

They tried it with Marbella in December, only announcing one of the games about 4 days before the event and claiming one was behind closed doors. This was only announced after Ajax and the Marbella football centre had let it slip.

It's poor but completely expected at this Club. The people responsible just don't get what it is and means to follow your team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

They just don't want fans there. No money to be made so Waggott not interested, in fact he's probably annoyed that we're incurring the expense and he'd rather we went to Skegness or somewhere.

Beneath him nobody interested or bothered. Imagine they'll be quite happy if no fans there

Unfortunately for them you can't pick and choose or turn support on and off at your convenience. Other clubs recognise this which is why they let people know what is happening.

They tried it with Marbella in December, only announcing one of the games about 4 days before the event and claiming one was behind closed doors. This was only announced after Ajax and the Marbella football centre had let it slip.

It's poor but completely expected at this Club. The people responsible just don't get what it is and means to follow your team.

Waggott won't be involve in Rovers planning. That will be left to GB organising and planning it. It will announce with the contract is sign with that club or clubs

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott won't be involve in Rovers planning. That will be left to GB organising and planning it. It will announce with the contract is sign with that club or clubs

What does Waggott actually do?

He's managed to seemingly absolve himself of any responsibility or culpability for any element of the footballing operation.

He's the boss, isn't he?

Rovers will know where they are training that week, which will have been booked for weeks now if not months. This isn't something that can be arranged overnight or at a weeks notice. All they needed to do was tell fans where they were training and when and that they intend on playing at least one game whilst there. That would have been enough for me and others to book some flights and sort travel out.

You take a risk, games may move or fall through, so be it, at least you know what they are doing.

Claiming to be keeping fans in mind in May, promising to be quicker about releasing information and then being here in late June with nothing is poor. Interesting how it seems to happen each and every year whilst others just get on with it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

What does Waggott actually do?

He's managed to seemingly absolve himself of any responsibility or culpability for any element of the footballing operation.

He's the boss, isn't he?

IMO, Waggott runs the admin side of the club whilst GB runs the footballing side of the club. That's my opinion of how we are currently run with Waggott only getting involve in the football side when he needs to

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Rovers will know where they are training that week, which will have been booked for weeks now if not months. This isn't something that can be arranged overnight or at a weeks notice. All they needed to do was tell fans where they were training and when and that they intend on playing at least one game whilst there. That would have been enough for me and others to book some flights and sort travel out.

You take a risk, games may move or fall through, so be it, at least you know what they are doing.

Claiming to be keeping fans in mind in May, promising to be quicker about releasing information and then being here in late June with nothing is poor. Interesting how it seems to happen each and every year whilst others just get on with it.

I'm sure its Austria isn't it? have you email the club or tweet Elliott Jackson to ask about this?