BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Elche are how I was able to watch Los Galacticos for €5. Figo, Salgado, Raul, R9, Carlos, Guti, hellfire what a side that was.

I watched Real there last year. It finished 1-2. They are about to be relegated from La Liga, which is a shame. They could well bounce back though.

On 30/05/2023 at 09:22, Mike E said:

Elche are how I was able to watch Los Galacticos for €5. Figo, Salgado, Raul, R9, Carlos, Guti, hellfire what a side that was.

Sounds like Venkys shopping list 2011….add Ronaldinho to the frontline and Maradona as manager, job done……

• Like 2

On 15/05/2023 at 10:08, TheRovers1994 said:

Reading between the lines on todays lancs telegraph article which involves pre season.. it’s stated some of rovers pre season games lined up depends on weather we are in the same league from relegation or promotion , so reading between those lines it looks like Leeds or wolves  and Bolton 

Barnsley 

On 26/05/2023 at 15:34, Sweaty Gussets said:

Accy away confirmed as first pre-season game.

3pm on 8th July. 

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Fleetwood Town on Friday 21st July, kick-off 7pm at Highbury Stadium.

6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Barnsley will play host to Rovers at Oakwell on Saturday, July 22 (3pm)

Pre-season so far.....

I do like the idea of a home game before the season starts, so fair play.

That being said, even allowing for them finishing in the top half of Serie A, they likely will be disappointed by the attendance I suspect if (as per the fans forum) they are anointing it as a "marquee" friendly. Id be surprised if the gate topped 5k.

Well It's deffo good to have a home friendly game before the season starts. 

Bologna will be interesting opposition and will be test. They have ex Barcelona midfielder Motta as head coach and ex West Ham and Stoke striker Arnautović there. 

Deffo another cockup by Rovers. They could have arranged a nice little preseason trip for fans to enjoy in lovely Bologna but instead we’re off to the delights of Barnsley. This lot can’t get anything right can they? Deffo

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

shame Fleetwood game is on Friday night and not a Saturday. Will be unable to attend tho. 

I would expect the same on 28th and 29th July judging by Rich Sharpe's comments on twitter

I like the idea of back to back days, I suppose he’s gonna split the squad into two, I used to like it when we played two teams at one ground, we played Stanley and Morecambe one year then Stanley and fleetwood then a mini tournament at morecambe against them and bury 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Deffo another cockup by Rovers. They could have arranged a nice little preseason trip for fans to enjoy in lovely Bologna but instead we’re off to the delights of Barnsley. This lot can’t get anything right can they? Deffo

It’s not as easy at that maybe they don’t wanna host a championship team ? Also it’s not s out a holiday for the fans.. it’s about preparation and we want a decent home friendly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRovers1994 said:

It’s not as easy at that maybe they don’t wanna host a championship team ? Also it’s not s out a holiday for the fans.. it’s about preparation and we want a decent home friendly 

And some fell on stony ground.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

There deffo wouldn't be much point in travelling to lovely Bologna for a game of football if team from said town is over here on a pre-season tour. 

• Like 1