BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

There deffo wouldn't be much point in travelling to lovely Bologna for a game of football if team from said town is over here on a pre-season tour. 

And the stones fall far and wide

I remember playing Chievo in a friendly as I was an official on the game. Tom Finn came in to see us after the match and said that Rovers would make a loss on the game. From memory there were only around 5000 in attendance and Tom said once all the expenses were deducted and the fee paid to Chievo that Rovers would have been out of pocket. I recall him saying something along the lines of not having a foreign team for a friendly again. I wonder if Waggott has factored the fee Bologna would presumably take into account.

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I remember playing Chievo in a friendly as I was an official on the game. Tom Finn came in to see us after the match and said that Rovers would make a loss on the game. From memory there were only around 5000 in attendance and Tom said once all the expenses were deducted and the fee paid to Chievo that Rovers would have been out of pocket. I recall him saying something along the lines of not having a foreign team for a friendly again. I wonder if Waggott has factored the fee Bologna would presumably take into account.

We played espanyol, New Zealand, Breda etc since 

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Erm okay, not Bologna then 🤷‍♂️ Girona.

Must’ve misheard over the phone. Frankly wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve pushed this all out only for it to actually be Bologna…

25 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Calling Girona a marquee home match is pushing it a lot,i can name 10 teams from Spain that would be worthy of calling it Marquee match but not little Girona

Finished above Sevilla, not too shabby.

• Like 3

Yeah Girona we've played at Ewood not too long ago in pre-season, maybe 2016.

I assume due to their City connections they will be over in the area and its an easy / cheap one to arrange. It certainly isn't a marquee friendly as some have described and I don't for one minute think Waggott would agree to it if it was going to cost money to host.

I see they are, as is customary, leaving it until the last minute to release any information about the most pressing issue which is that of the foreign games.

It might come as a surprise to those employed by Rovers that some fans would want to go to watch these games and the usual routine of announcements a week or so beforehand just isn't good enough.

It's the same story every year. I'd hoped this was changing with Broughton suggesting news at the end of May yet a week on and still nothing bar references to a couple of games overseas.

A glance at other clubs they actively advertise and even encourage fans to follow them. Rovers couldn't give a stuff.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Must’ve misheard over the phone. Frankly wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve pushed this all out only for it to actually be Bologna…

This is most diaappointing Mike. 

We were reliably informed by the experts that Bologna are deffo playing at Ewood as part of a pre-season tour. 

2 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Least I can get Stockport ticked off now, girona are a good side too remember beijg impressed with them last time in 2016 

Gutted I can't attend the Stockport game as I will at the Comedy night at Ewood Park that night. 

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Finished above Sevilla, not too shabby.

no not at all. Finished 10th in La Liga. Have former Barcelona, Chelsea and Southampton midfielder Oriol Romeu and Uruguay international and former Boro forward Cristhian Stuani in their squad. Deffo a good team and something I will be looking forward to

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Calling Girona a marquee home match is pushing it a lot,i can name 10 teams from Spain that would be worthy of calling it Marquee match but not little Girona

I'm sure we played Barcelona pre season 1 year, that was marquee

• Like 1