BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its nothing to do with me Wheelton, I don't make the rules, unless you've signed a contract that ignores those rules......

Anyway Champions league away to Barcelona? You going or sticking with the hooky contract? 

Yep, you're right. Of course you are.

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’d move jobs, the rules are, last time I checked, 11 days notice for 5 days off.

Employers can refuse that request for leave, provided they notify the employee on the same day.

Basically, refer to the work contract, where employers usually put in a period of notice for any holiday leave (usually four weeks). Employers can, of course, just use their discretion and allow leave at shorter notice, but that's up to them.

42 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I'll be at home ignoring it. It's the cricket season and the Tour de France will still be on.

Fair enough. I like Cricket but Rovers is first in my list

16 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Of course everyone is entitled to leave, but there is such a thing as giving notice.

For example, if I want a week off, I'm expected to give 4 week's notice.

Every company is different but generally your bosses will want some notice. granted unless the circumstances are urgency that you need the time off. 

I tend to book the baulk of my holidays at the start of the year so they know when I would be off but it always the same weeks of majority of the time. 

15 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Employers can refuse that request for leave, provided they notify the employee on the same day.

Basically, refer to the work contract, where employers usually put in a period of notice for any holiday leave (usually four weeks). Employers can, of course, just use their discretion and allow leave at shorter notice, but that's up to them.

We have had our company contracts rewritten recently, we follow the government guidelines, which are:

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/booking-time-off-

The general notice period for taking leave is at least twice as long as the amount of leave a worker wants to take, plus 1 day. For example, a worker would give 3 days’ notice for 1 day’s leave.

Get them contracts checked is the moral to this story, I hear Austria is a picture at this time of year.

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

We have had our company contracts rewritten recently, we follow the government guidelines, which are:

The general notice period for taking leave is at least twice as long as the amount of leave a worker wants to take, plus 1 day. For example, a worker would give 3 days’ notice for 1 day’s leave.

Get them contracts checked is the moral to this story, I hear Austria is a picture at this time of year.

Not many companies do what yours do in my 20-year experience (nor do they have to, and understandably so because companies, particularly smaller ones, have to plan around absentees). It's difficult for people working in companies that I would say normally set these four-week notice periods. I worked for around five companies on a permanent basis, and they all had exactly the same stipulation.

Yes, it would be great to go to Austria! Do I go solo? Or drag the family and make them wear one of my many Rovers shirts? 🤔 Collating... 🤖

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

You missed out the bit which says:

Although employers can refuse to give leave at a certain time, they cannot refuse to let workers take the leave at all.

I work 4 on 4 off, I've booked 20 days (only 8 holiday days though) in August and September cos I've got an annual fishing competition/piss up. It's first come first served at my place of employment and I'm sure lots of employees will be wanting time off in the school holidays.

34 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Hotel booked for me and the family. 😀 It'll be the first Rovers game I'll have attended for eight years. Oh, wait. The first TWO Rovers games I'll have attended for eight years! 🤗

I'll look out for you as you should be easy to spot. You'll be the one counting the crowd 😂😂

• Like 5

4 hours ago, pedrob2014 said:

Does anybody know of any places to park at Accy please

You can park on the car park next to the ground for a couple of pounds but otherwise you can park near the ground on side streets. 

4 hours ago, unsall said:

Pitch not ready apparently.

disappointing news that as I was possible going to look at going to this friendly