BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If I were in charge at Rovers, the first thing I'd change is......

48 minutes ago, Mike E said:

After recent discussions in another thread, I’d start selling John Bulls on the concourse.

To be honest, they'd probably sell better than some of the shite they've had on for a while.

You see some of the stuff served at other clubs (especially abroad) and it puts our efforts to shame.

Some stale hot dogs, greasy chips, pies and some kind of sad-looking curry contraption.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Andy said:

To be honest, they'd probably sell better than some of the shite they've had on for a while.

You see some of the stuff served at other clubs (especially abroad) and it puts our efforts to shame.

Some stale hot dogs, greasy chips, pies and some kind of sad-looking curry contraption.

Chips are quite good actually 

If I were the owner, one minor detail would be this........The story begins here................

About 5 years ago my grandson and I experienced a ground tour. It was only us two. Having been shown the wonderful home dressing room we then experienced the away dressing room which was appalling. The treatment table had a hole in it. It looked like it had been rescued from the local rubbish dump. When we complained about the total shabbiness we were told, "Everyone does it". In other words all the other clubs do the same thing.

Well, now, me being the new owner, that away dressing room would have the same quality as the home dressing room and there would be a sign on the wall reading, "This is Blackburn Rovers. You are very welcome".

I would also have the home team come out first and applaud the opposition onto the field.

Just minor detail in the thick of things.

1 hour ago, bazza said:

If I were the owner, one minor detail would be this........The story begins here................

About 5 years ago my grandson and I experienced a ground tour. It was only us two. Having been shown the wonderful home dressing room we then experienced the away dressing room which was appalling. The treatment table had a hole in it. It looked like it had been rescued from the local rubbish dump. When we complained about the total shabbiness we were told, "Everyone does it". In other words all the other clubs do the same thing.

Well, now, me being the new owner, that away dressing room would have the same quality as the home dressing room and there would be a sign on the wall reading, "This is Blackburn Rovers. You are very welcome".

I would also have the home team come out first and applaud the opposition onto the field.

Bollocks to that. Make the away team get changed in the car park and they can come out first and bow down and grovel at the feet of our players as they enter the field.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy said:

There isn't any effort made here.

• Like 2

Some great opinions so far!

Another one of mine would be to actually make supporters able to purchase food/drinks without either missing 5/10 minutes of the first or second half!

The amount of money I save, easily £50-£100 per season, when I look at the massive slow moving queue to buy a coffee or food! And just don't bother.

Unless you're in the queue as the first half whistle blows you're definitely missing the start of the second half!

I'd have dedicated beer/cider kiosks where people bought pints/bottles with a turnaround time of no more than 15/20 seconds per customer. Its completely cashless these days anyway, so the card reader should take the most time.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

First thing I'd do is attempt to rebuild a relationship with the fanbase. Have fans employed by the club to help do this. In my experience throughout life, people are capable of forgiveness if they are listened too.

Pricing, matchday experience, communication, not just paying lip service to fans, community projects, investment in the ground, transport, engaging with all demographics, honesty, respect, freebies. 

Essentially just make the fans feels as important as they are. The club belongs to the fans and its important that, that is felt.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

First thing I'd do is attempt to rebuild a relationship with the fanbase. Have fans employed by the club to help do this. In my experience throughout life, people are capable of forgiveness if they are listened too.

Pricing, matchday experience, communication, not just paying lip service to fans, community projects, investment in the ground, transport, engaging with all demographics, honesty, respect, freebies. 

Essentially just make the fans feels as important as they are. The club belongs to the fans and its important that, that is felt.

I read a quote from Mark Robins at Coventry the other day. Somebody asked him what his priority had been when he first took over the managers job. He said “ Re-engaging with the fans “.

19 hours ago, bazza said:

Is this just because you think ‘it’s the right thing to do’ or do you think we’d gain some advantage from it?

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Is this just because you think ‘it’s the right thing to do’ or do you think we’d gain some advantage from it?

I'm very proud of my club and I'd like to think it sets high standards. If we had the only decent away dressing room in the football league other players and their staff would take notice. Maybe a good young player would want to move to us rather than anyone else because we set so high a standard.

• Like 1