BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If I were in charge at Rovers, the first thing I'd change is......

After discussing on our most recent podcast. Part 2 of the End of Season Report, I'd like to know your opinions to this.

Episode 2

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/podcasts/4000-holes-the-'what-now-'-show-big-old-end-of-season-review-ep-2/27

Feature starts at the 22:02 mark

From the profound to the ridiculous all opinions welcomed.

Would you change the price of season tickets?

Ban Goal music?

Introduce a zip line off the Jack Walker Stand?

Make the Finch Bakery hut a permanent fixture?

Resign Bradley Dack?

Whatever you think, let us know.

For our musings check out the most recent 4000 Holes Podcast!

Episode 1

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/podcasts/4000-holes-the-'what-now-'-show-big-old-end-of-season-review-ep-1/26

appoint a new CEO, Club Secretary, a new commercial and marketing director. 

change the ST prices and make them £100 to 150 cheaper. £230 Riverside, £250 BBE and family section, 280 JWL, 300 JW outer 330 JW centre. Match day tickets for midweek games £15 to £20. Weekend match day tickets £20 - £25. 

take over the food and introduce a number of new ranges like pizza slices, onion bhaji, samosas

Yes I would put Finch Bakery or Lou Lou's bakery a fixture outside the Blackburn end. 

• Like 7

Antigua have the right idea and let you watch the cricket from a hot tub

Getting some hot tubs in the Riverside might liven the place up a bit. Ditch Sodexo and bring in some cocktails and fancy umbrellas. Then I'd put the cameras back in the JW so the world could see what Blackburn has to offer

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

After discussing on our most recent podcast. Part 2 of the End of Season Report, I'd like to know your opinions to this.

Episode 2

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/podcasts/4000-holes-the-'what-now-'-show-big-old-end-of-season-review-ep-2/27

Feature starts at the 22:02 mark

From the profound to the ridiculous all opinions welcomed.

Would you change the price of season tickets?

Ban Goal music?

Introduce a zip line off the Jack Walker Stand?

Make the Finch Bakery hut a permanent fixture?

Resign Bradley Dack?

Whatever you think, let us know.

For our musings check out the most recent 4000 Holes Podcast!

Episode 1

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/podcasts/4000-holes-the-'what-now-'-show-big-old-end-of-season-review-ep-1/26

1) Absolutely

2) Probably

3) Yes

4) Absolutely - In every stand

5) No

The first thing i'd do though is try and install some brains from top to bottom who understand the club/town/fans and are capable of running a modest sized but ambitious club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The CEO needs to be accountable, regardless of the owners. 

Of course, he is accountable and not fit for purpose. Says a lot that he seemingly isn't seen that way by the owners.

Everyone needs to be accountable, including the managers and players. But the owners are by far the biggest problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course, he is accountable and not fit for purpose. Says a lot that he seemingly isn't seen that way by the owners.

Everyone needs to be accountable, including the managers and players. But the owners are by far the biggest problem.

You said he was insignificant. 

Well that’s an interesting one as Swag said in his letter to Glen that that most generous £20 early bird discount had to be signed off by the owners… but of course that could well be just smoke and mirrors by a wily operator.

Edited by Mattyblue

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well that’s an interesting one as Swag said in his letter to Glen that that most generous £20 early bird discount had to be signed off by the owners… but of course that could well be just smoke and mirrors by a wily operator.

If he is responsible for ST price-setting, and Venksters just sign it off because they trust him, then he's the problem. 

And considering he was the man 'driving' (his words iirc) the proposal/sale of Brockhall it's a bit of a step-down to be having to get sign-off on a one-off match ticket offer!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

• Backroom

To be honest considering the original question starts with "if I were in charge", I assume Venky's would already be out of the equation, as otherwise you would theoretically have somehow taken over the Venky's empire and getting rid of Venky's would be getting rid of yourself. So... CEO seems like the correct answer.

• Like 1

Pretty much anything to do with the match day experience. From the traffic control to the choice of beers. The whole thing is amateur-ish.

I was listening to the end of season podcast on here and someone on there made the point that they knew people who weren't renewing due to price.

It's a huge issue. 

It's important, therefore, to know why loyal fans are being priced out, and whose decision it is to price them out.  

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It's important, therefore, to know why loyal fans are being priced out, and whose decision it is to price them out.  

My hunch is that Waggott feels he has no choice but to keep season ticket prices at this level. I think he is given annual financial targets, and there isn't much he feels he can do ("we've done all we can").

This could be solved if Venky's stopped being stubborn and sold players properly. This is something I wholeheartedly agree with Broughton on, and it's surely the correct way to run a club such as ours. I honestly reckon our lack of selling activity is a big reason as to why the club is trying to claw that money back from supporters. If we sold players properly, some of that could be used to alleviate pressure on supporters' pockets and behave like a normal club again, and one that looks like it cares about supporters. I think that's all supporters ask at the moment.

• Like 1

I think it’s as simple as he knows he probably will hit his targets at these prices, but he isn’t in sure he would if they are lowered - ergo he ain’t taking that risk (especially when you imagine his bonus is tied to it).

Why go into bat for lower prices when he knows he’s off in the short to medium term - ‘build and protect the health of the fanbase in the long term? Why bother myself with that? I’ll be long gone’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3