BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If I were in charge at Rovers, the first thing I'd change is......

11 minutes ago, philipl said:

Unfortunately, since the justifiable anger at how Rovers were destroyed 2010-12 in particular and the farce until TM arrived, about 50% of Rovers natural market has turned its face against the club. 

So accepting there is a limit to the number of cheap tickets we could sell, I'd offer a super cheap season ticket deal in the Riverside with a pre-offer period of priority booking to people receiving State benefits.

I wouldn't touch the pricing structure anywhere else in the ground.

Wouldn’t touch the price structure?! Shows how long you’ve been away, it’s ridiculous pricing for a demographic like ours and the sales are showing just that.

So out of touch.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You posted 9k sales at £400 resulting in £3.6 mil. I think figures overall from what we sold last summer were around 2.5 million cash flow if I remember correctly. 

That was last season figure. 

Of course we would all like more ST sold and more fans on including walk ons. Question is how you increase the sales. 

Employ anyone with a basic understanding of economics. It's really not as difficult as it's being made out by some.

19 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Employ anyone with a basic understanding of economics. It's really not as difficult as it's being made out by some.

alot of people have basic understanding of economics and finances but one of the biggest problem is how they advertise, market and communicate to the fans about ST? Where was the ST promotion advert on social media like previous seasons? why no advertising on billboards around Blackburn/Darwen or Blackburn buses? why no advertising on the bill board outside Blackburn Rovers?  

Have they done any market research on why match day going fans aren't buying ST and what are the reasons during the season? 

Yes email, texts or social media advertising is good but what about people who don't use it or even alot what have we done for them? 

This is why I said in my first post I said I would appoint a new CEO, Club Secretary, a new commercial and marketing director. 

21 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'd move Silvester and Waggott out immediately and look to bring in quality replacements capable of moving us forward.

Anybody, who was brought into the club when the agency was around and offering its 'advice', would be shown the door. No questions asked. Out.

I'd make sure a particular weasel of an agent wouldn't be able to set foot inside Ewood again and that the club would have no more dealings with him going forward.

There would be an overhaul of the marketing and commercial departments, with experienced operators who have the nous, drive and knowledge to market the club, in the way it should be marketed, brought in.

The biggest task would be to shift the "woe is us", small time, mediocrity embracing mentality that has infected the club. This shift would be the main aim from day one.

I'd make it clear to all at the club that languishing in the Championship is unacceptable for this Football Club and that standards need to be raised back to what they were before Venky's.

This club didn't spend nigh on 20 years as a Premier League fixture and achieve what it did, for third rate chancers to now try and suggest that we are lucky to be at this level and that we should be grateful to the tossers who have reduced us to this state.

Anybody at the club who believes that Rovers are overachieving in the Championship, punching above our weight, or that it's difficult to compete would be shown the door. That sort of rhetoric filters through to everybody and provides players and fans with an excuse to gloss over failure and to actually paint it as a positive. Gallant failure is what it promotes and celebrates.

It's a results business and if poor results have us far away from our aim of promotion, the manager would be on very thin ice. He'd be gone, in all honesty.

I'd have season tickets reduced by at least £100 on the current prices. Actually, I'd have the Riverside as the entry level stand with season tickets priced at £250, with the most expensive being in the Jack Walker Upper Central, at around £350/60.

The club shop leaves a lot to be desired, so I'd set about the process of trying to get a good range of merchandise in store. There are so many things we could sell, but don't. So many opportunities missed. Having enough kit in stock is obviously vital and this would be a priority.

How embarrassing is it that we have had fans eagerly wanting to buy the kit, then turning up to the store to find the kit's sold out and nothing more can be done?

We need fans to want to spend money in the store and stock/items that are worth buying. I don't think the latter is entirely the case right now.

I'd also remove the TV gantry from the Riverside and go back to having it in the Jack Walker Stand. TV cameras facing the Riverside, just like old times. I have never liked the cameras facing the JW.

Gerald would be receiving a call from me to see if he could be tempted to come back to Rovers. His voice always takes me back to the good times at the club. I would love to see him back in a role at Ewood, just not under these owners though.

Finally, I would invite the likes of Emerton, Nelsen, Salgado, and Pedersen to a game where we could thank them for their efforts, either at half time or full time. We never got a chance to say a proper goodbye to those players, I feel.

Morten said a goodbye, of sorts, in front of the Blackburn End in 2012, but the backdrop to this was chaos at the club, 10,000 fans gone and general dismay in the stands at what was happening on and off the pitch.

Oh, and I'd look to do something for Shearer, a legend of the club. If Mowbray can get a huge flag (the mind boggles), then Shearer definitely deserves one. If flags aren't possible for whatever reason, I'd have some sort of display of Shearer, Duffer, Tugay, Brad and more going up around the outside of the stadium to showcase our history and to remind people of the standards.

No matter what bastards like Swag and Co want the world to believe, this is not a small club lucky to be in the Championship.

Venky's out.

Amen!

When can you start?

38 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

If flags aren't possible for whatever reason, I'd have some sort of display of Shearer, Duffer, Tugay, Brad and more going up around the outside of the stadium to showcase our history and to remind people of the standards.

Remember the excellent pictoral history timelines between the Jack Walker,Darwen and Blackburn Ends?...

Ripped down without explanation...

image.thumb.png.56715e46842500f6bc8eccc2957a0f2a.png

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Amen!

When can you start?

Haha, I wish.

If only they had an ounce of care or feeling for the club, in the way that everybody on here does.

11 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Remember the excellent pictoral history timelines between the Jack Walker,Darwen and Blackburn Ends?...

Ripped down without explanation.

Yes, I do remember those. The decision to have them go up was well received at the time. One of few things to give them credit for.

We never have found out why they were taken down. I'm interested to know who made that decision.

• Like 1

Blimey, where do you begin when the whole place needs a shake-up from top to bottom? Rovers as a club needs a reset and nothing will be achieved by tinkering at the edges. 

In an an ideal Venky-free world and decent funding, I'd start at the source of all the problems and and clear out the entire management team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Who sets season-ticket prices? 

I am not defending him, he is doing a terrible job.

But the owners must either be totally disinterested or think he is doing a good job to let him continue. Both are hugely worrying and will lead to further damage.

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Then he's not the right man for the job, which fundamentally is the point. 

I agree, he daren't take the plunge to lower prices for the reasons you stated, but his justification for not doing so rings hollow. He said somewhere recently (FF minutes?) that the lack of take-up for lower-priced ticket offers at the end of the season proved reducing ST prices wouldn't attract buyers (or words to that effect). That is clearly nonsense. He is out of touch and out of ideas. It's time for him to go. 

I seem to remember ( FF minutes again ) that someone pointed out to Waggott that PNE and Bolton sold far more season tickets than we did for the season just ended and look like doing so again. Waggott's response was that Rovers generated more revenue while selling less tickets. That's his justification and all he cares about - hitting his targets, getting his bonus.

Fair pricing, cost of living, better atmosphere, future generations of fans ? water off a duck's back to Waggott. And he sets the prices they way he does because the owners let him and don't care in the slightest. 

I doubt a single Venky could quote our season ticket prices if asked.

• Like 8

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You posted 9k sales at £400 resulting in £3.6 mil. I think figures overall from what we sold last summer were around 2.5 million cash flow if I remember correctly. 

That was last season figure. 

Of course we would all like more ST sold and more fans on including walk ons. Question is how you increase the sales. 

Price, for a start.

Just about anything else really. Craft ale bars, speciality food on occasion- just something a bit different instead of the same things we’ve done for years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The owners, somehow. Everything pales into insignificance whilst they continue to mismanage us, even the CEO.

If we assume that the question is after the owners have left, then replace Waggott and a total re think of pricing.

@Miller11 is right too on the attitude.

Yeah nothing changes unless the owners do, so it's just pie in the sky. We're not getting promoted while they're here, I'm sure of that.

What changes you make to a football club that's been hollowed out and losers money hand over fist...I guess you go for promotion then run the club on a shoestring, get spanked every week and try to offset the losses?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Price, for a start.

Just about anything else really. Craft ale bars, speciality food on occasion- just something a bit different instead of the same things we’ve done for years.

my original post 

appoint a new CEO, Club Secretary, a new commercial and marketing director. 

change the ST prices and make them £100 to 150 cheaper. £230 Riverside, £250 BBE and family section, 280 JWL, 300 JW outer 330 JW centre. Match day tickets for midweek games £15 to £20. Weekend match day tickets £20 - £25. 

take over the food and introduce a number of new ranges like pizza slices, onion bhaji, samosas

Yes I would put Finch Bakery or Lou Lou's bakery a fixture outside the Blackburn end. 

Plus it how we communicate with the fan based via what's means like what is the promotional ST video like last season? where are the adverts on the billboards, Blackburn buses or electronic billboard outside the Ewood Park on Bolton Road? 

Sack Waggott and give John Williams as much money as he wants to come back, to assemble a proper football club administration team.

The rest is pretty elementary, once this is in place.

• Like 1