BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (H) - 05/08/2023

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Be fair to Tronstad...he will get even better and has that fierce in him and he's also going up in attacks....some sloppy passes but hey it's the first league game for him...

Jury out on him for now for sure. Likes to get stuck in, and that will always be appreciated at Ewood (when it doesn't go horribly wrong). But he looks off the pace at the moment. Understandable, hopefully he adapts soon.

• Like 2

Can't help but be chuffed for Leonard. Thought it would be a long afternoon for the front 3 after 20 mins but once we capitalised on their complacency the game changed. Markandays finish was clinical.

Dolan been a bit hit and miss, Hyam and Trav been quality. Carter solid. Pickering ok too. JRC combative but limited going forward. Tronstad looked more settled as the game went on. Sammie energetic as ever and busy. Pears been good when called upon.

A.Wharton when legs start to tire.

Edited by BigBar
  • Like 5

Apart from the goal I actually thought Markandy was pretty poor, bullied off the ball and first touch has let him down at times, at least he's getting back a bit to support JRC who again is having a quite game. 

Leonard movement has been good, could be a real breakout season for him.

Tronstad starting nervy but grew into it and played some nice passes.

Dolan is someone I used to like but it's clear he should just be a bit part player, he's so ineffective.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That's helpful for someone living in Bristol. 

Not for me to comment, I guess (but, as you see, I'm not letting that stop me!),  because each of us has different circumstances.

But being able to get more easily to Ewood was one of the factors which influenced my move, 18 months ago, from Heywood to within a couple of miles of Ewood.

Then Sod's Law struck, and I'm stuck at home for at least the next month until an injury to my left leg has healed.

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Apart from the goal I actually thought Markandy was pretty poor, bullied off the ball and first touch has let him down at times, at least he's getting back a bit to support JRC who again is having a quite game. 

Leonard movement has been good, could be a real breakout season for him.

Tronstad starting nervy but grew into it and played some nice passes.

Dolan is someone I used to like but it's clear he should just be a bit part player, he's so ineffective.

I'd say all valid points and fair. I did think the same about all the above in the first half. Give Dil a bit of a pass considering his role in the squad to date and how he created and finished the goal that changed the game.

Just now, BigBar said:

I'd say all valid points and fair. I did think the same about all the above in the first half. Give Dil a bit of a pass considering his role in the squad to date and how he created and finished the goal that changed the game.

Oh aye for sure, Markandy did really well to press and win the ball and then finish his chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OsloRover said:

The promblem with Dolan now is that he seems to turn backwards as his first instinct, instead of trying to take on his man (multiple times) like he used to.

Also in the 5th minute of added time we had a throw in in their half and he raced to take it and get on with the game as quick as he could. Game management, relax, slow it down a little. He's done it previously too and before anyone comments no I don't think it should be seen as wanting to score another. He can be very frustrating but equally he does give it everything he's got so don't want to over criticise.