BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (H) - 05/08/2023

It looks like West Brom have  a few problem of their own, in respect of the financial side of things and questionable owners.

I haven't looked at it in any great detail, but may mean, they are coming into this a bit weaker than last year, like us. Given this and given that we took 4 points off them, I am hoping we can get off to a winning start.

I can't see a goal fest, but will be perfectly happy with a 1 -0 win, just as we did last year, which I think, broke a horrible sequence, of failing to win our opening match for several seasons.

I don't care who score, but assuming Leonard is our striker, then it would be nice to see him get the goal and and set him on his way, to a successful first full season in the team.

• Like 1

Looking forward to getting back at ewood. Curious to see the attendance and if, what’s been going on, will put people off…

Good thing for us is that Sarmiento for West Brom may not feature, if that’s the case they are defiantly beatable - JDT will line up as the below

Kaminski

JRC, Carter, Hyam, Pickering

Travis, Tronstad

Szmodics

Hedges, Leonard, Dolan

We are desperate for A Wharton and he comes in for Travis when fit. I would start Markanday but I don’t think JDT will trust him just yet so hedges it is unfortunately. That front 3 is such a big worry, neither of them are good enough to start and I’m worried at the lack of opportunities we’ll create.

14k on & 1-1 with Leonard scoring. 

21 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Kaminski

JRC, Carter, Hyam, Pickering

Travis, Tronstad

Szmodics

Hedges, Leonard, Dolan

In May, if you'd have told me that was going to be our starting line up for the first game of the season, I'd have been pretty upset. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

In May, if you'd have told me that was going to be our starting line up for the first game of the season, I'd have been pretty upset. 

Shocking isn’t is! Slow, turgid and no real threat up top…It could be a long afternoon, but I have a feeling we will get a result of some kind.

A Wharton, Ennis & Siggy in there and it looks a hell of a lot better - Hopefully we have 1/2 new faces in by the end of the window which brings abit more pace. 

• Like 3

As things currently stand I’d expect us to line up:

Kaminski 

JRC        Carter       Hyam     Pickering

Tronstad   Travis

Hedges        Szmodics           Dolan

Leonard                    

I’d obviously prefer Wharton in for Travis. I’d also prefer Markanday in as he’s earnt a start this pre-season. I’d also be tempted to move JRC onto the other wing and play Brittain. Hoping Gilsenan and Batty make the bench.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 2

We'll have alot of the ball but no cutting edge. WBA will go 1 up, we will then control the game again but creating nothing of note.

0-1

--------------------Kaminski

JRC--------Carter----Hyam----Pickering

-----------------Travis----Tronstad

Markanday----Szmodics---Hedges

----------------------Leonard

We had a big problem last season where if we went a goal down, it meant game over for us, most of the time. That was despite having BBD in the side and Dack in reserve.

I worry that problem is going to get a whole lot worse this coming season. I just can't see where the goals are going to come from.

As it stands, we're hoping somebody like a Markanday or Leonard surprises us in a major way, due to a lack of new additions. They might do, but it's a big ask.

Rovers 0-1 West Brom.

43 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We'll have alot of the ball but no cutting edge. WBA will go 1 up, we will then control the game again but creating nothing of note.

0-1

This but we will somehow force an equaliser.

1-1

Like the end of last season, if we get in front and force them to come at us I'll be confident. It will just be getting that first goal.

Edited by Hasta

If A Wharton is deemed unfit, my team would be:

Brittain--------Carter----Hyam----Pickering

-----------------JRC----Tronstad

--------------------Szmodics

Markanday-------------------------------Dolan

Desperately hoping that Leonard can help us and I think a goal early into the season for him could set him up for a decent contribution this season.

Really don't know what to make of this one as WBA are a very in and out side full of their own problems so i guess it's whoever wants it most on the day.

In saying that i'll go 0-0 i think we might be in for a lot of those this season so hopefully the defence is on point.

Any hope of a good opening day crowd has all but evaporated as well with the recent freshly bestowed upon us gloom. 

Rovers  0   Baggies  0

I know it won't happen, but I would go with :

Kaminski

Carter                                     Hyam                         S Wharton

JRC                                                                                                                                                                   Batty

A Wharton                          Tronstad                       Szmodic

Markanday                                 Leonard                               

TK

JRC.        HYAM.   CARTER.    PICKERING

WHARTON.     TRONSTAD

HEDGES.           SAMMY.          DOLAN

ENNIS

(for 60 minutes)

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

Kaminski

Carter                                     Hyam                         S Wharton

JRC                                                                                                                                                                   Batty

That formation is unreal!!

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, rigger said:

Kaminski

Mowbray left over 12 months ago.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Feed the Yak said:

If A Wharton is deemed unfit, my team would be:

Brittain--------Carter----Hyam----Pickering

-----------------JRC----Tronstad

--------------------Szmodics

Markanday-------------------------------Dolan

Desperately hoping that Leonard can help us and I think a goal early into the season for him could set him up for a decent contribution this season.

Sadly JRC hasn't played CM at all in the pre-season so you can't throw him in there to start the season.

I wouldn't mind him ahead of Brittain, where Markanday is currently lined up, though. He's played there before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

TK

JRC.        HYAM.   CARTER.    PICKERING

WHARTON.     TRONSTAD

HEDGES.           SAMMY.          DOLAN

ENNIS

(for 60 minutes)

Afraid efl rules state a game must be played for 90 minutes