BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (H) - 05/08/2023

Really does somewhat tarnish the usual excitement with the farce that is going on at the moment. Really scraping the barrel for a goal. West Brom have Thomas Asante up top who whilst much more of a threat than our strikers isn't prolific but they do have players like Swift, Diangana and especially Jed Wallace so they carry a threat, we don't.

Kaminski

Rankin Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Travis

Hedges A Wharton Szmodics

Ennis

My hope for Ennis is like others, he can do an hour especially if they are playing a friendly behind closed doors tomorrow. Temptation either to either put Szmodics further forward as I have done and stiffen the midfield, or even put Rankin Costello further forward but I am not convinced on Brittain and Rankin Costello gives us something unique from RB.

I would be annoyed if Adam Wharton didn't start but I suspect he and Ennis will be on the bench for Dolan and Leonard. Such a gigantic ask to expect him to start the season in the side with minimal other goals in the side.

Kaminski

Rankin-Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Buckley Tronstad Travis

Hedges Szmodics  Dolan

I think he might go 4-3-3 just because there's no-one to play up front. Szmodics will be a bit false 9-ish. 

Or he'll play Leonard up front and drop Buckley and go back to 4-2-3-1. 

I'll go for this:

Kaminski

JRC, Carter, Hyam, Pickering

Tronstad, Travis, Szmodics

Markanday, Leonard, Hedges

A fit Wharton would had started this game..... could be that Brittain gets a start and JRC moves up a bit on the pitch...

41 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Kaminski

Rankin-Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Buckley Tronstad Travis

Hedges Szmodics  Dolan

I think he might go 4-3-3 just because there's no-one to play up front. Szmodics will be a bit false 9-ish. 

Or he'll play Leonard up front and drop Buckley and go back to 4-2-3-1. 

After the friendlies I believe Markanday has been better than Dolan.

15 minutes ago, neophox said:

I'll go for this:

Kaminski

JRC, Carter, Hyam, Pickering

Tronstad, Travis, Szmodics

Markanday, Leonard, Hedges

A fit Wharton would had started this game..... could be that Brittain gets a start and JRC moves up a bit on the pitch...

It hasnt been tried once in pre season so probably not.

WBA have had a pretty dire pre season, losing to Cheltenham, Forest Green and Bolton, with a few draws thrown in too. Obviously can't read too much into pre season but coupled with their inactivity in the transfer window I doubt they're raring to go.

2-0 home win, Szmodics and Leonard with the goals.

Me to sup many pints of Cruz Campo 🥳

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

WBA have had a pretty direct pre season, losing to Cheltenham, Forest Green and Bolton, with a few draws thrown in too. Obviously can't read too much into pre season but coupled with their inactivity in the transfer window I doubt they're raring to go.

2-0 home win, Szmodics and Leonard with the goals.

Me to sup many pints of Cruz Campo 🥳

That is a poor pre-season.

Rare sunny day, Leonard takes his chance, Rovers 1-0 and we are off!

It’s a decent squad… We just missed the play-offs, yes Diaz has left but he had tailed off. We have a young, hungry squad, the new signings will get fit and add some depth. Roll on Saturday.

• Like 1

Who scored our first league goal last season? No looking it up! I know and it was a screamer.

Who will score our first this coming season? Against WBA I think the first goal will be..................an own goal.

Rovers 1 WBA 1

1 minute ago, bazza said:

Who scored our first league goal last season? No looking it up! I know and it was a screamer.

Who will score our first this coming season? Against WBA I think the first goal will be..................an own goal.

Rovers 1 WBA 1

Trav wasn't it?

And it was a beaut 

• Like 1

Be prepared for lots of added on time.  On Saturday when the 3 minutes was put up in the first half JDT spoke to 4th official then came back and told the rest of the coaches with the new rules next week that would be 7 minutes