BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (H) - 05/08/2023

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Win bonus. I like that, as that's confidence for you.

Luton have agreed with a deal for Kaminski, will some of it be spent on strengthening the Rovers squad. We could do with a  decent winger, Ennis is a powerful looking tallish striker who could get his head to a few decent crosses.

I didn’t take that as disrespectful. I read that as he was confidently saying we are going to win and because he was on the spot in front of a camera not thought how it may come across , but I’m sure he meant because we’re going to win

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

then clearly your presumption/assumption and conclusions are wrong.

Some changes have been implemented, others are progressing and there have been a lot of restructuring behind he scenes.

There are huge steps still to be taken, some easy wins and some not so. At this time, I suspect that Rovers are prioritising the current issues, whatever they are, before anything else.

My main gripe of better communication - and its the same as many fans - needs serious attention something SW fails to realise or understand!

Any examples of this?

If you feel you've been misunderstood then please put us all right.

• Like 1

Just rewatched the Stockport County and Girona games.

Some players below standard; Brittain and Bucko especially.

Some emerging talents who will give good competition in the squad. We know that JDT loves competition and isn't afraid of sending a senior down to U21s if he doesn't give his all or performs. 

Based on the preseason and our squad (availability) I would see us line up like this:
Pears 

JRC - Carter - Hyam - Pickering

Tronstad - A Wharton - Smodicz

Markanday - Leonard - Dolan 

* Garrett can come in if we need a more tackling midfielder, I also think he has improved his passing skills a lot during last season and this summer and will be able to fill Travis' shoes if he goes. 

* If we need to change up things I would move JRC to RW, sub off Markanday or Dolan (depends on WBA and if we want to play with inverted wings or not) and bring on Brittain. I thought Brittain was very sluggish in possession against Stockport.  

* Give Ennis the last 30 mins (he looked promising coming on against Girona)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

If we are keeping JRC at right back I would drop Pickering for Brittain. 

Pickering is far too slow and laboured. I'm tired of seeing him targeted week in, week out.

I’m not a fan of right footers at left back and think Wallace would run rings round Brittain. Pickering’s lack of pace has been very telling during pre-season though, and I think Batty could make the position his own by the end of the season.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’m not a fan of right footers at left back and think Wallace would run rings round Brittain. Pickering’s lack of pace has been very telling during pre-season though, and I think Batty could make the position his own by the end of the season.

Agreed about Batty who I've seen a lot of.

I actually prefer Brittain on the left than the right as I think he cuts in nicely. Maybe because I see so many flaws with Pickering, that I'll take any alternative at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

Some players below standard; Brittain and Bucko especially.

Really concerned about Bucko. My best member of him is that stunning goal at Birmingham last match of last season but one!

I thought he'd kick on last season and reach Wharton A status! Maybe make or break for him now?

On 01/08/2023 at 23:26, AllRoverAsia said:

I subscribe to ESPN+, I get about 1/2 our games there. Not to mention, lots of other games in the Championship. I’ve even seen some League 1 & 2, as well as Cup matches. 

It’s definitely worth the $10/mo. I recommend it, to all Rovers fans outside the U.K. 

Edited by WacoRover

4 hours ago, philipl said:

If you are outside the UK, subscribe to Rovers TV and get the dulcet tones of Neil Yardley, his sidekick and guest expert comment from whichever Rovers player is

injured

or suspended 

and can be trusted not to F and blind

I do, but the problem is that they cant show every match. They wont show us against WBA por ejemplo

Well after a summer off from football and the mb it's back to another season and one that's seemingly stacked against us. 

A lot of experience has been lost and whilst I think the wages could be perhaps used better from what we'veosr, we've hardly strengthened the squad. Operation depend on the academy continues. 

Beyond depressed Pears has been chosen as first choice keeper - form is temporary and all that. Still very worried by our lack of striking options. Honestly was last season not enough of a clue we need options up top? 

Positives, last season I thought we were goosed with so many players gone and was pleasantly surprised (and depressed at the same time) by Rovers finish. So despite feeling like we are up against it again, there's potential and history there to show we can buck the doom and gloom. Plus whilst not a top manager JDT is fsr superior to the previous incumbent. Mind you one of these years the lack of investment will come back to haunt us even more than it has. 

Onto the game. Eek. West Brom are a good outfit and seemed to have brought and built on last season. They have some very good players who on their day can be deadly. So not at all optimistic about this one. A loss I feel beckons. 2-0 to WBA.

Oh and adding to the Waggot debate. If anyone thinks he's competent and a good guy they are off their trolley. ALL the evidence from keeping the previous manager in place despite death spirals through to the January transfer window debacle that was beyond gross incompetence,  through to y'know basic A level business principles he doesn't get points out he isn't fit to run a bath much less Rovers. Along with our owners another reason we won't get promoted. 

10 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Girona's right winger was as rapid as any we'll see all season. We look much more balanced with Pickering at left back.

Brittain needs to prove himself in his own position before he's played out of position. It's a big season for him, he needs to perform on a regular basis. 

• Like 2