BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (H) - 05/08/2023

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It's going to be an interesting lineup, I think what you've posted is what JDT will start with.

Travis will be the interesting one. I've always assumed it would be either him or Tronstad that plays but he paired them together in preseason.

I'd like him to start Markanday ahead of Dolan as well but we'll see what he does.

Markanday plays from the right, Hedges has that spot for me. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team based on team news. Hedges fit, Gallagher out, Ennis could make the bench. 

my team 

Pears

JRC  Carter  Hyam(C)  Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Hedges Szmodics Dolan

Leonard

Subs:- Hilton, Brittain, Wharton, Travis, Buckley, Markanday, Ennis, Gilsenan, Batty          

Gallagher doesn’t half get injured a lot for a giant who doesn’t put himself about much.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team based on team news. Hedges fit, Gallagher out, Ennis could make the bench. 

my team 

Pears

JRC  Carter  Hyam(C)  Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Hedges Szmodics Dolan

Leonard

Subs:- Hilton, Brittain, Wharton, Travis, Buckley, Markanday, Ennis, Gilsenan, Batty          

This will almost certainly be the starting 11. I think that's 5 players short of what our first choice line up will be moving forward.

l think Pears will drop down to the bench, Wharton will come in for Trav, and none of the front 3 of Leonard, Dolan, Hedges will be regular starters. 

I'd take a draw tomorrow.

22 hours ago, M_B said:

Girona's right winger was as rapid as any we'll see all season. We look much more balanced with Pickering at left back.

Brittain needs to prove himself in his own position before he's played out of position. It's a big season for him, he needs to perform on a regular basis. 

Pickering was taken to the cleaners against Girona, they waltzed round him like he wasn't there. Let's hope he puts things right against West Brom.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Pickering was taken to the cleaners against Girona, they waltzed round him like he wasn't there. Let's hope he puts things right against West Brom.

He did, but as I said he won't come up against better all season. As you say, hopefully he does well tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

lineup.png

Even with Wharton that’s an uninspiring team. If it’s not League 1 this season it is next. Steve W happy to pick up a pay cheque and complete the operation that his namesake began.

Allez les Bleu!

Can't go today as I'm in Brittany with the family.

No idea what the outcome will be, but it will be interesting to see what kind of approach JDT takes to the game. Perhaps we will see the shape of the season ahead, based on our wafer thin resources and (apparently) upbeat team spirit.

Hoping for a positive start, but fully expecting a painful reverse as reality bites.

I do hope the weather isn't too much of a dampener.

ALLEZ LES BLEU!!

Both teams in the same boat of new signings missing, players unready through injury and a missing wish list of new signings not made. 

Two of the best Managers in the Championship head to head.

Who wants the three points the most will decide the outcome.

6 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

I am not optimistic about the season but i`m not as pessimistic as some on here, and apart from changing the keeper we are only realy missing one player from last season and he went missing for most of the season.

They maybe true but he did score 14 goals ....

The match day excitement is back and whether we hate the owners, hate what’s happening at the club at the minute, or even have our differences on here, we all love the club.

I hope the rallying cry from JDT does the trick and the fire in the players bellies, gets us over the line and we all have a lovely Saturday evening.

I fly back to Spain at 5.00pm so hope I take off safe in the knowledge that we have 3 points in the bag.

I wish everyone on here an exciting and successful season, as we enjoy the spills and thrills, playing out before us.

Hope those going have a safe trip and shout themselves hoarse.

Vamos los azules. 

• Like 1