BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (H) - 05/08/2023

54 minutes ago, booth said:

It says plenty about the club and owners that we're most likely going into this match without a first choice goalie and without a first choice goal scorer.

All the fault of a Govt 3 thousand miles away though apparently.

• Like 3

On 01/08/2023 at 19:48, 1864roverite said:

Some of you have misperception on my view of SW, for clarity there isn’t nor has there never been any sort of relationship, he isn’t my friend, he isn’t a confidante all he is is the CEO of the club who I have spoken with and exchanged views with. Unless you know me then you have absolutely not a fucking clue as to my view of him or our club owners!

TBF----We simply read what you write and draw conclusions. We're still awaiting the revolution you told us was round the corner but which you couldn't reveal details of for reasons of confidentiality.

Hasn't happened has it?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 47er said:

TBF----We simply read what you write and draw conclusions. We're still awaiting the revolution you told us was round the corner but which you couldn't reveal details of for reasons of confidentiality.

Hasn't happened has it?

He has admitted that is hasn't happened, but failed to expand on that and I can't understand why. If Waggott had promised certain things to him, that in turn meant he posted what he did, then why not now, say what it was that he was told and what the timeframe was.

I think we all know the SW has the gift of the gab and manages to appease most fans. That said, I think he will have a hard time doing that to GM when he meets him next week.

Edited by lraC
typo

41 minutes ago, 47er said:

Hasn't happened has it?

He never learns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

It says plenty about the club and owners that we're most likely going into this match without a first choice goalie and without a first choice goal scorer.

We have got first choice players in every position. The problem is that they may not be very good.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 47er said:

Hasn't happened has it?

then clearly your presumption/assumption and conclusions are wrong.

Some changes have been implemented, others are progressing and there have been a lot of restructuring behind he scenes.

There are huge steps still to be taken, some easy wins and some not so. At this time, I suspect that Rovers are prioritising the current issues, whatever they are, before anything else.

My main gripe of better communication - and its the same as many fans - needs serious attention something SW fails to realise or understand!

On 31/07/2023 at 13:38, davulsukur said:

We'll have alot of the ball but no cutting edge. WBA will go 1 up, we will then control the game again but creating nothing of note.

0-1

--------------------Kaminski

JRC--------Carter----Hyam----Pickering

-----------------Travis----Tronstad

Markanday----Szmodics---Hedges

----------------------Leonard

Reckon it will be this. The way things have been recent seasons we could be incredibly jammy again and Leonard and Markanday come in and look the part. Similar to Carter, JRC and Adam Wharton. Hopes not really a plan, but recent history suggests the young players could do a lot more than is reasonable to expect.

If Leonard and Markanday do struggle we have Ennis and Dolan to come on. Realistically were not going to have that much of an idea on how they all work together until four or so games in.

I was speaking to an old school friend and Baggies fan on Saturday

Has a similar tale of woe to us. Talk of losing their exciting goalkeeper to Luton for cheap. I laughed at him at the time, saying it had probably saved us from losing Kaminski. I spoke too soon.

But they have lost O'Shea to Burnley for cheap too. No real money to get in players that they desperately need. He doesn't fancy their chances this year

The Baggies fans were pretty gobsmacked to hear of the players we have lost without replacing. I think I left them in a better place mentally. They were expecting a seriously tough game. Overall though, I think we edge this game. Home advantage will kick in

Rovers 2-1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

He has admitted that is hasn't happened, but failed to expand on that and I can't understand why. If Waggott had promised certain things to him, that in turn meant he posted what he did, then why not now, say what it was that he was told and what the timeframe was.

I think we all know the SW has the gift of the gab and manages to appease most fans. That said, I think he will have a hard time doing that to GM when he meets him next week.

I think we did indicate to him at the time that we felt he'd been conned. 

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Some changes have been implemented, others are progressing and there have been a lot of restructuring behind he scenes.

There are huge steps still to be taken, some easy wins and some not so. At this time, I suspect that Rovers are prioritising the current issues, whatever they are, before anything else.

My main gripe of better communication - and its the same as many fans - needs serious attention something SW fails to realise or understand!

Well I gave you the chance but you've chosen to keep digging.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Which changes do you speak of?

50 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Communication you say?

48 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So, at the moment do you feel we are taking 2 steps backward in orer to advance 4 forward? It doesn't seem that way to me.

It seems we are in a cash crisis and we can't afford to sufficiently strength the side.

Whatever else Waggot is up to, the main priority for him isn't being addressed.

So Tomasson has been qouted in the local paper as stating the team is even more stretched than ever going into this new Season...on behalf of our ambitious Manager and our expectant supporter base and just about anyone who gives a damn about our great Football Club I would liike to give a big shout out to our shithouse owners for their fantastic Support and backing...yeah, fookin righty oh!

😠

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

So Tomasson has been qouted in the local paper as stating the team is even more stretched than ever going into this new Season...on behalf of our ambitious Manager and our expectant supporter base and just about anyone who gives a damn about our great Football Club I would liike to give a big shout out to our shithouse owners for their fantastic Support and backing...yeah, fookin righty oh!

😠

Well there's a coincidence!

I'd begun typing what follows before @SIMON GARNERS 194 's post had appeared on the Board and, not being a regular reader of the LT, had begun with:

"Well if nothing else, the coming season could well be a test of JDT's coaching skills."

It now continues as follows: I'm going into the new season with less optimism than for several years.

The only things that encourage me (and this is probably down to football journalists in those parts of the national media I read/listen to focussing on the Premier League, almost to the exclusion of the Football League) are: i) the continued development of some of our younger players; ii) the apparent alacrity with which Gregg used the opportunity to recruit players who may, or may not have been on his wanted lists but without the continuation of the war in Ukraine, would probably have had to remain there; and iii) the media's obsession with the Premier League which means that I haven't a clue how the other teams that were "there or thereabouts" near the top of last season's Championship have approached their recruitment so I don't know how the Championship table is likely to settle down.

When it comes to Saturday's match, I've not much of a clue about what Gregg's opposite number at W.B.A. has been able to achieve during the close season in terms of strengthening their squad.

So - and with no disrespect to Leonard this is very much typed with fingers crossed - I hope that Leonard has a blinder on his League debut and fulfils what , based on his display in the pre-season game at Parkhead, I hoped Vale might achieve last season.

And that we win with the only goal of the game in the 8th of 9 minutes' stoppage time. When it comes to the scorer's identity, I'd like it to be Leonard, irrespective of whether it's a blinding shot, or goes in off his arse in a goalmouth melee!