BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

1 assist no goals in last 10 games 

Yeah like I said in the last 6 weeks he has been poor along with most the side.

It's his first season of senior football, I'm sure the plan wasn't for him to play as much as he has, but with no Dolan, no JRC, and no Gallagher needs must.

Shall we start Markanday instead?

Just now, islander200 said:

Because Batty when he has had appearances for the first team has looked way off it .

This Villa guy in the eyes of people at Ewood is further along than Batty.

But the only way forward in the long term is to play our own youngsters for better or worse in the very short term.

As Abbey says we gain absolutely nothing from a short term loan of a middling PL youngster apart from denying our own players experience. There will of course be the occasional exception like Elliott but he's been very much the exception rather than the rule.

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Is this your first year watching the championship?

Nearly every team , every season loans young players from the premier league.

We had Hill and Moran loaned first half of season ,some clubs have 3..4..5 young players on loan from Premier league clubs.

Every season the club are called out on here for using the loan market and I have no idea why ....every team including teams that have just got relegated from the premier league loan in young players 

1970 me ...you ?

Couldn't give a toss about what other teams do . Stop being a sheep fan and use our supposedly strength..the all singing award winning academy or is that another lie being peddled by those kissing the owd hags arse

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But the only way forward in the long term is to play our own youngsters for better or worse in the very short term.

As Abbey says we gain absolutely nothing from a short term loan of a middling PL youngster apart from denying our own players experience. There will of course be the occasional exception like Elliott but he's been very much the exception rather than the rule.

What did you think of Elliot when he was here?.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only thing I can put the loans down to, is that Battys main attribute, his speed. Does not fit into JDTs system.

8 minutes ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

I can think of many fan favorite's from Rovers who have left slightly bitter and not even bothered with saying goodbye. It's a credit to James and his family that he's come across as a really top guy throughout his short time at the club. The backroom staff all seem to really like him too.  I'm sure whatever he goes onto do in football, us Rovers fans will keep an eye out for him as well.

Aye, his PR/social media skills are finely honed. Not quite as impressive on the pitch, good luck to him thogh - very nice comments..

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not if they ain't ready or good enough sure fire way to derail a youngsters career.A couple of bad performances and he would always be "shit" by many.

The club can hardly be criticised for a lack of opportunities given to our own academy players can it?They get chances here.

Better option is to try find a loan for Batty in league one or more likely league two 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

100%

Also, what's the point in loaning out Batty to bring in another youngster on loan from Villa?

It's absolutely mental -  play your own players! 

Batty is clearly miles off at the moment - they've not given him a look in at LB (think Travis, Brittain and Pickering have all played there this year). He needs to play games - if they can get him half a season starting every week in L2 it'd do him the world of good right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

1970 me ...you ?

Couldn't give a toss about what other teams do . Stop being a sheep fan and use our supposedly strength..the all singing award winning academy or is that another lie being peddled by those kissing the owd hags arse

So we should just play every academy youngster no matter if they are good enough or not.

We give the youngsters opportunity here.I don't think there is another side in the championship (maybe Bristol City) who gives more first team opportunities to their academy players than us. 

Edited by islander200

I think Elliot was further along in his development than Moran is even though he was younger. Elliot is brilliant but I thought he'd have progressed more than he has at Liverpool. Moran is good no doubt and better than what we have. Maybe Elliot benefited from the lockdown situation and playing Infront of empty stadiums. Elliot was brilliant here and I was excited when we got Moran. Hopefully he can kick on and produce like he was starting to before the whole squad seem to have had a slump.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Not if they ain't ready or good enough sure fire way to derail a youngsters career.A couple of bad performances and he would always be "shit" by many.

The club can hardly be criticised for a lack of opportunities given to our own academy players can it?They get chances here.

Better option is to try find a loan for Batty in league one or more likely league two 

If he can't recover from a couple of poor performances he's in the wrong profession.

Will this lad from Villa be an automatic starter or a bench warmer? If the latter the whole thing is completely pointless unless the idea is to shift Battys wage off the wage bill and get the PL Club to pay for their man in exchange for game time.

3 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I think Elliot was further along in his development than Moran is even though he was younger. Elliot is brilliant but I thought he'd have progressed more than he has at Liverpool. Moran is good no doubt and better than what we have. Maybe Elliot benefited from the lockdown situation and playing Infront of empty stadiums. Elliot was brilliant here and I was excited when we got Moran. Hopefully he can kick on and produce like he was starting to before the whole squad seem to have had a slump.

In fairness to Elliott, he is behind Salah for the RW spot, so has had to retrain as a box to box midfielder.  I imagine that slowed his development a tad

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah like I said in the last 6 weeks he has been poor along with most the side.

It's his first season of senior football, I'm sure the plan wasn't for him to play as much as he has, but with no Dolan, no JRC, and no Gallagher needs must.

Shall we start Markanday instead?

Both shite . But to be honest could play markanday and would make any difference

Would be very suprised if he makes it to the prem. Personally think he will be in league 1 or 2 in the not too distant future 

Just doesnt have that fight  Might be technically good . But everything else is poor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Elliott is a very good player but not elite level imo. Can't see him ever being a regular starter at Liverpool but if he can carve out a lengthy career there as a reliable squad member then I don't suppose he'll be able to ask for much more

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If he can't recover from a couple of poor performances he's in the wrong profession.

Will this lad from Villa be an automatic starter or a bench warmer? If the latter the whole thing is completely pointless unless the idea is to shift Battys wage off the wage bill and get the PL Club to pay for their man in exchange for game time.

Batty hasn't even been on the bench Rev in months.

Like someone else said , Travis and Brittain played left back when Pickering was out, Batty wasn't even on the bench.

He is clearly not seen as ready to play for the first team, Iv no idea about this fella from Villa never seen him play but quite clearly JDT and the recruitment side think he is a better option than Batty at this stage.

Batty might push on and be ready next season I do not know.But when he has played for the first team he has not looked up to it yet.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Rather have the young lad from Wigan instead to be honest 

Charlie Hughes?

Isn't he being linked to West Ham and Ipswich (edit - and apparently Crystal Palace and Brighton too) for £2-3M?  If we are struggling to find £500K in one go then there is no chance with that one

Edited by KentExile

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think you've answered your own question there. The new model guarantees playing time.

32 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Out of interest, are you really a Rovers fan, or are you related to Moran/his agent? Just you’ve made at least a dozen posts today talking only about Moran being better than Wharton and no Rovers fan I know would agree with that. You also refer to us as Blackburn which is a dead giveaway.

Moran’s got a lot of potential and great feet, but is very inconsistent. He’s obviously a very good technical player but he’s a way off being a player who will contribute regular goals and assists at the top level. He is really struggling at present and needs a prolonged spell out of the side. He’s way off Wharton in terms of his development. And Adam has turned in at least half a dozen 10/10 performances in about 18 months of first team football.

I asked similar, and got no answer, not that I mind fans of other clubs checking up of their players, but it would explain a few things this poster has said

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Both shite . But to be honest could play markanday and would make any difference

Would be very suprised if he makes it to the prem. Personally think he will be in league 1 or 2 in the not too distant future 

Just doesnt have that fight  Might be technically good . But everything else is poor.

Sorry but I'm not having that ,he started the season well ,Moran is clearly rated at Brighton.So because he has had a poor 6 weeks it means he will end up in league 1 or 2?

This happens every season (not saying you obviously) a young loanee becomes the scapegoat. Morton last season uproar because people reckoned only reason he was playing was because we faced financial penalties yet this season he starts every week for Hull who have been in and around the playoffs

Before that Braithwaite....many on here saying he was shocking and will end up in league 1 or 2, yet here we are now he starts every week in the premier league, is being tipped for an England call up and a transfer to a top club 

• Like 6