BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we must be the worst run club in the whole of europe,if not the world,there are clubs in the west lancashire league more organised than us

Waggott and Sohail couldn’t oranise a piss up in a brewery. Throw in Gregg & co who seem utterly inept too and we are left with a shit show every single window.

Not that the owners will give a flying one, but we the fans will reap what they’ve sowed for further years of neglect with yet another relegation.

Edited by G Somerset Rover

2 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Waggott and Sohail couldn’t oranise a piss up in a brewery. Throw in Gregg & co who seem utterly inept too and we are left with a shit show every single window.

Not that the owners will give a flying one, but we the fans will reap what they’ve sowed for further years of neglect with yet another relegation.

we won`t be coming back this time,only optimism from our impending relegation is that it might get rid of the chicken murderers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

It was a total failure of a signing, but I can't imagine that's accurate. Wharton was sold for 18 million guaranteed. I know it will be paid over a few years, but I can't imagine how 6 months worth of it would equate to the wages and fees paid for an injury prone 32 yr old who hadn't played for his prior club since 6th December, on a 6 month deal.

Fag packet maths, let's assume the 18 mill will be paid over the length of his 5.5 year contract (which I'd be surprised by given our need for urgent cash due to the India situation), it's 3.2 million a year. If we paid 1.6 million to Fleck for 6 months work that's about 61k per week. That would be beyond scandalous even for us. It probably equates to more like one month of the Wharton money, two at most, which is still an abject waste given we got 17 minutes out of it.

6 months pay for Fleck out of the first Wharton instalment.

I'm a bit puzzled you would assume i was thinking it had all gone on him, come on !

Anyway if it's a long term thing there'll surely be insurance to cover it but how much would they have had to shell out for that policy and knowing the level of incompetence will they even have bothered.

Edited by tomphil

58 minutes ago, tomphil said:

6 months pay for Fleck out of the first Wharton instalment.

I'm a bit puzzled you would assume i was thinking it had all gone on him, come on !

Anyway if it's a long term thing there'll surely be insurance to cover it but how much would they have had to shell out for that policy and knowing the level of incompetence will they even have bothered.

I'm a bit puzzled that you're a bit puzzled, your initial post seemed to be very much saying the first 6 months of money from Wharton was spunked on Fleck. If that's not what you were saying fair enough but it's very much how you put it across.

Agree on the insurance and I had the same thought. When a risk is high you tend to pay out a huge portion of what your payout might be, so most likely we either thought it wasn't worth splashing out on, or the initial outlay was even bigger than suspected but at least much of it will be reimbursed.

7 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

You just have to laugh at it all. Shambles doesn't even start to cover it.

It was a really shocking signing. As soon as I heard he was recently coming back from a second leg break I had a good idea what the outcome would be. At least Martin Britt played 12 games for us before he retired early.

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm a bit puzzled that you're a bit puzzled, your initial post seemed to be very much saying the first 6 months of money from Wharton was spunked on Fleck. If that's not what you were saying fair enough but it's very much how you put it across.

Agree on the insurance and I had the same thought. When a risk is high you tend to pay out a huge portion of what your payout might be, so most likely we either thought it wasn't worth splashing out on, or the initial outlay was even bigger than suspected but at least much of it will be reimbursed.

Yeah, be a bit like trying to take out a life insurance policy for a kamikaze pilot!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hasta said:

International break has arrived.

Let’s have the cover up story now please Greg.

Won't be this week as LT reporter Elliott Jackson is on holiday in the USA so I guess it will be next week

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Won't be this week as LT reporter Elliott Jackson is on holiday in the USA so I guess it will be next week

So communication with the fanbase now relies on the holiday arrangements of the Telegraph reporter?

Broughton could convene a press conference and invite local media. Telegraph's job to find someone else to send or miss out.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Is he negotiating a pre contract with McGuire on our behalf?

He'd do a better job than Broughton. £500 k loan deal for half a season with an option to purchase for 7m Euros was it?

The meeting should be with selected fans and a roving mike and recorded. These people like Waggott, Pasta and Broughton have far too easy a ride and undoubtedly the questions would be vetted from local media. Covid was a good thing for them. Because of Covid they have done away with the fans consultation meetings, shareholder meetings and even mentioned it yesterday in the communication eulogising the owners.

There is absolutely no accountability.

• Like 5