BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Gayle is past it at this level, 34 years old now, and this season has scored less goals in similar minutes for Stoke than Ennis did for us (which is probably why Stoke replaced him with Ennis)

Gayle 0 goals in 402 minutes for Stoke

Ennis 1 goal in 424 minutes for Rovers

I'd take either right now. 

Gally isn't going to last the season playing 90+mins twice a week. Can't believe we sold Ennis and didn't replace him either. Leaving us with telalovic

It would be a strange situation where the DoF is sidelined form first team affairs and transfer activity unless of course on occasion the CEO tells him to oversee certain outgoings/incomings.

Like i said before even if he only stays until summer i'd assume his task is to resolve the Leo and Telalovic conundrums by finding them football elsewhere.

Maybe though Eustace might make something of Tel with a different style of play but not holding my breath and the prospect of him naturally moving up the pecking order to replace Gallagher in summer is worrying to say the least.

4 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

Have our scumbag owners, their representatives, or employees (Broughton) made that trip over to negotiate a "pre-contract", yet?

Surely not another lie...

Broughton tells Orlando he'll be over on agreed date
Broughton checks flight prices on sky scanner
Broughton tells Orlando our plans have now changed
The end. 

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

Have our scumbag owners, their representatives, or employees (Broughton) made that trip over to negotiate a "pre-contract", yet?

Surely not another lie...

Id be very suprised if they followed through with their statement about getting him on a pre contract agreement. 

I'd be even more suprised if the lad still wanted to come here after seeing what a bunch of incompetent tossers we have running the place. 

At the very least I'd expect he'd want to see that we are still going to be in the championship next season before even contemplating signing for us! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Id be very suprised if they followed through with their statement about getting him on a pre contract agreement. 

I'd be even more suprised if the lad still wanted to come here after seeing what a bunch of incompetent tossers we have running the place. 

At the very least I'd expect he'd want to see that we are still going to be in the championship next season before even contemplating signing for us! 

As they say round my way

Yeah, nah.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Braindead to give Fleck anything more than a pay as you play contract but this is pennywise pound foolish BRFC we are talking about.

6 months worth of the first Wharton instalment flushed straight down the bog.

But hey it's fine only another punt and Mcfadz has turned out ok so far and we've no right to expect anything other than a 50% success rate at best.

Beyond stupid signing.

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If ever you wanted a summary of this window. Its having a good Championship midfield until you loan out your captain, sell your main player for big money and then the owners wont allow any reinvestment so you sign an aging freebie who has recently broken the same leg twice, and has a plate in there which withstood 17 minutes of football before requiring further surgery ending his Rovers career.

And that is without even mentioning the on/off purchase, on/off loan and return to Orlando of McGuire due to 'WrongButtonGate'!

Still waiting for the Broughton interview and the promise that it won't happen again! Procedures are in place!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

And that is without even mentioning the on/off purchase, on/off loan and return to Orlando of McGuire due to 'WrongButtonGate'!

Still waiting for the Broughton interview and the promise that it won't happen again! Procedures are in place!!

Broughton will surely retract his promised interview if the next two fixtures don't yield some decent points. 

Zero accountability down at Ewood.

Infuriating as others have said. We’re getting 18 minutes out of him for a probable cost of around £500k in wages.

Zero accountability at Rovers. Rock up for a job for life, regardless of your competence. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

6 months worth of the first Wharton instalment flushed straight down the bog.

It was a total failure of a signing, but I can't imagine that's accurate. Wharton was sold for 18 million guaranteed. I know it will be paid over a few years, but I can't imagine how 6 months worth of it would equate to the wages and fees paid for an injury prone 32 yr old who hadn't played for his prior club since 6th December, on a 6 month deal.

Fag packet maths, let's assume the 18 mill will be paid over the length of his 5.5 year contract (which I'd be surprised by given our need for urgent cash due to the India situation), it's 3.2 million a year. If we paid 1.6 million to Fleck for 6 months work that's about 61k per week. That would be beyond scandalous even for us. It probably equates to more like one month of the Wharton money, two at most, which is still an abject waste given we got 17 minutes out of it.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Must go down as the worst transfer window in the history of the club?

It's a struggle to think of a worse one. A few are comparable, until you factor in making our club record sale in the same window (so really should have been able to do better), and the fact this all happened whilst blatantly hurtling towards a relegation dogfight!

So far there's been one signing that's looked decent, and that's an ageing CB who can't have long left in him, and already looks tired. O'Riordan might turn out well, but we've not seen much of him yet. The rest look crap or pointless and all except O'Riordan will be gone in the summer.

A reyt farce, basically.