BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Go on I will bite, CIRCA 40k loss in total, confirmed!!!

Delighted with that. 

Took a chance on a bloke that had succeeded in L1 for free. It didn't work out and we washed our face within 6 months.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

From a source who undertakes all the registrations at another EFL club very close to us, if the Fleck deal was submitted after the Maguire deal, they would have known Maguire hadn’t been submitted when they logged on to deal with Fleck.

Another poster covered this point by saying that Fleck was by that time a free agent therefore his registration could have been successfully done at any point over the following month.

Therefore it wouldnt necessarily have meant they would automatically have noticed the Mcguire omission  in time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Go on I will bite, CIRCA 40k loss in total, confirmed!!! Source not SWAG Before anyone ask!!

To recover most the money is success in current climate, 

Don't suppose we got a future tranfer fee % in the sale just on the off chance he comes good and moves somwhere else for a few mill in the future 🤷‍♂️

Don't know where to start really! 

Ok firstly, thanks @glen9mullan for sharing the info that you have.

We fucked up so embarassingly last year, that this is unforgiveable & all, & I mean ALL (apart from the poor admin girl,for the purposes of dramatisation we'll call her Amy) have to go now - go on! Off u fuck!!

Last year it was a meal in Manchester,  this year a curry, what next year? Domino's? A kebab? Tesco meal deal?!

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. Everyone who has any 'info' on the inside is complicit & being bought!

After last year's debacle, even a simple conversation would've done, unfortunately it probably went like this:

Amy: ok, what u having Steve?

SW Chicken Korma (u know I'm right!!)

Amy: Mike?

MC - Lamb bhuna please

Amy- Gregg?

GB- Just one sec, Ian? U get confirmation back on the McGuire deal?

IS - Chicken Jalfrezi please

GB- Ian?! The McGuire deal?

IS - Erm, keema rice & a plain naan

GB- Ian!? The McGui...., Fuck it, special mixed bhiriani please Amy, but can I get that with a madras sauce instead of the veg curry..

SW- Ooh  Greggy, madras! Not messing with u eh bad boy, eh eh?

GB- Fuck off Steve! Soft cunt with your coconut casserole! Oh, Amy, a peshwari naan & well please love.

SW - Amy? That over £40 yet? Not paying for delivery & we get free samosas if it is.

IS - we do get poppadoms & chutney with that don't we?

All - YES IAN! (Group laughter)

2 hrs later....

SW - well that was bloody lovely! A great job, well done all!

Amy - Ian, there's a message flashing up on your PC - do you want to save changes?

ALL - MCGUIRE!!!! (No fucking laughter)

You have been watching........

Edited by windymiller7
Spelling
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I would say "Opinion" not fact, but given the Coventry CB Arriving Ex Waggott player , Fleck who Waggott signed at Coventry too, and now Eustace, I think reading between the lines the DOF Has now been made irrelevant, and with that the writing is on the wall.

My concern though with lets gets some mates in is, with agents etc and money passing hands, I sincerely hope these are with the best intentions and there is no creaming off the top to top pensions up!!!!!

If there's any club where you know that's going to happen it's this one.

TOOOOT TOOOOOOT ALL ABOARD THE BRFC MONEYGOROUND!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Don't know where to start really! 

Ok firstly, thanks @glen9mullan for sharing the info that you have.

We fucked up so embarassingly last year, that this is unforgiveable & all, & I mean ALL (apart from the poor admin girl,for the purposes of dramatisation we'll call her Amy) have to go now - go on! Off u fuck!!

Last year it was a meal in Manchester,  this year a curry, what next year? Domino's? A kebab? Tesco meal deal?!

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. Everyone who has any 'info' on the inside is complicit & being bought!

After last year's debacle, even a simple conversation would've done, unfortunately it probably went like this:

Amy: ok, what u having Steve?

SW Chicken Korma (u know I'm right!!)

Amy: Mike?

MC - Lamb bhuna please

Amy- Gregg?

GB- Just one sec, Ian? U get confirmation back on the McGuire deal?

IS - Chicken Jalfrezi please

GB- Ian?! The McGuire deal?

IS - Erm, keema rice & a plain naan

GB- Ian!? The McGui...., Fuck it, special mixed bhiriani please Amy, but can I get that with a madras sauce instead of the veg curry..

SW- Ooh  Greggy, madras! Not messing with u eh bad boy, eh eh?

GB- Fuck off Steve! Soft cunt with your coconut casserole! Oh, Amy, a peshwari naan & well please love.

SW - Amy? That over £40 yet? Not paying for delivery & we get free samosas if it is.

IS - we do get poppadoms & chutney with that don't we?

All - YES IAN! (Group laughter)

2 hrs later....

SW - well that was bloody lovely! A great job, well done all!

Amy - Ian, there's a message flashing up on your PC - do you want to save changes?

ALL - MCGUIRE!!!! (No fucking laughter)

You have been watching........

Amy for CEO

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ricky said:

Yep, following up on my similar comments to yours. His signings probably make for a sackable offence alone.

Leo for half a million is probably the worst of them. Number one target and definitely a vampire keeper. 

I can see no value in keeping him based on what he’s delivered. I would think JDT could have picked up some better players through his contacts. 

Who is negotiating the deals? Understood from from GlenM that it wasn’t GB?

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Another poster covered this point by saying that Fleck was by that time a free agent therefore his registration could have been successfully done at any point over the following month.

Therefore it wouldnt necessarily have meant they would automatically have noticed the Mcguire omission  in time.

Deadline day transfers happen all the time and no other club makes these errors repeatedly.

I don't buy it tbh. Rovers can blame the secretary blame the computer blame Elon musk if they want. It's all the same BS

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Deadline day transfers happen all the time and no other club makes these errors repeatedly.

I don't buy it tbh. Rovers can blame the secretary blame the computer blame Elon musk if they want. It's all the same BS

Agree completely, just commenting on that particular point.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

JDT/Coach says what he needs -> GB finds what he wants -> SW messes up the deal -> rinse and repeat

Or JDT says what he needs and GB finds someone he doesn't want. On the odd occasion he finds someone J DT wants, SW then messes up the deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or JDT says what he needs and GB finds someone he doesn't want. On the odd occasion he finds someone J DT wants, SW then messes up the deal.

They didn't want to spend any money on DD, even on loan fees.

They succeeded.

It is simply impossible, repeat IMPOSSIBLE, that for over 2 hours no one noticed it had not been sent, receipted or even checked.

Then at 4 minutes past closure it's discovered in the outbox, unsent.

If you message BRFCS.com you get an immediate acknowledgement !!!!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They didn't want to spend any money on DD, even in loan fees.

The plan succeeded.

It is simply impossible, repeat IMPOSSIBLE, that for over 2 hours no one noticed it had not been sent, receipted or even checked.

Then at 4 minutes past closure it's discovered in the outbox, unsent.

The con in plain sight continues.

If you message BRFCS you get an immediate acknowledgement !!!!

When you say "They" though are we on about Waggott/Pasha or the owners.

I keep making this point but I cannot really see the owners pulling the loan deal just 24 hours after specifically authorising it at the point when permanenent deals were cancelled.

Not that it matters so much as at the end of the day, the net effect on the team and the despairing head coach is the same.

The Owners need to sell up ASAP and the Club needs gutting from top to bottom.

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The owners instructing the man in the shadows who instructs Swag who those under him on the Party line.

All those involved are complicit but they are just employees following orders.

Agreed, the only solution is for the Raos to vacate.

The curry story is a good one. It would have worked using kebabs, fish and chips or indeed a straightforward piss up. The intake is irrelevant but I favour the piss up.

Well Glen had that order of events verified by numerous people. 

We can only speculate as to WHY those things happened. 

I know what reason I'd put my money on.

• Like 2

Well we will find out pretty soon if the send and submit lines are factual because if only Ian Sylvester and waggot have the log in one of them will be sacked this week. If not then that tells you exactly what happened. The same thing as last time when nobody got fired then either

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well we will find out pretty soon if the send and submit lines are factual because if only Ian Sylvester and waggot have the log in one of them will be sacked this week. If not then that tells you exactly what happened. The same thing as last time when nobody got fired then either

Can you fire someone for doing exactly what you've told them to do?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Well Glen had that order of events verified by numerous people. 

We can only speculate as to WHY those things happened. 

I know what reason I'd put my money on.

I think by 4 who were there on DD, all presumably employed by the same employer, and all therefore telling the truth.

Glen was reporting what he'd been told.

Yes, we can only give our personal opinion.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think by 4 who were there on DD, all presumably employed by the same employer, and all therefore telling the truth.

Glen was reporting what he'd been told.

Yes, we can only give our personal opinion.

Yes, but you think it's some grand conspiracy.  

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Yes, but you think it's some grand conspiracy.  

Thanks, I was awaiting that. You never fail.

I always believe exactly what the Club says, I thought that obvious.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Delighted with that. 

Took a chance on a bloke that had succeeded in L1 for free. It didn't work out and we washed our face within 6 months.

While only 'small victories', particularly with everything else going on, while GB* has generally failed to bring in a striker, it's at least some succour that the financial consequences of his two main striker acquisitions - Hirst** and Ennis - have been minimal. Something to be said about limiting long-term risks/managing to wriggle out of mistakes when you're in the strikers pound shop...

And then when he finally had some money to spend on a striker... Whatever the final financials, a loan-to-buy for McGuire sounded sensible. I'll speak up for MLS's gradual improvement in quality (there have been recent cases of (successful) MLS sales of £5-10m in recent years), but there's definitely reason for caution about a 22 year old with only one big MLS season after getting drafted out of college soccer. Of course, if McGuire floundered on his loan and we happily moved on, the question would still hang as to what, if any, of the Wharton sale will actually go toward player investment...

Rather pathetically, even if Ennis nets out to a small 'accounting loss', probably the biggest financial benefit is any relief his fee brings to our immediate cashflow (in order to, uh, fund the McGuire loan fee...)

*I've generally been a 'fan' of GB, whatever happend with the McGuire fiasco, I can't be bothered to endorse/take a 'side' on any part of the Rovers hierarchy when the whole thing is rotten, with Venky's incompetence/clusterfuck finances setting the tone at the top...

**Ipswich fans seem happy with Hirst. I recall posts taking bets on Hirst playing non-league football by now haha. Odd one. May simply have been a 'bad fit' here or JDT failing to get the best out of him.

(I'm saddened I couldn't figure out if it's possible to add footnotes 😞)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I'm trying to figure out, of the club's senior officials, who is involved in this conspiracy?

Whilst it is impossible to say with 100% certainty that this is deliberate rather than incompetent do you see nothing odd in the fact that outgoing deals seem to be unaffected and that of the incoming ones, it's the expensive ones that go belly up?

And.....after all that, no-one gets sacked for it - seemingly.

• Like 3