BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Is it possible that other people can have access to the system at a lower permission level to the club sec? So maybe other staff can upload various things to the portal but only the club sec has the access to do the final bits and pieces that submit it to the EFL? 

My experience with systems and portals is that the more senior people don't have as much knowledge or inclination to use the system compared to the more junior staff so there's always an element of delegation. 

I think it's in the rules that only the club secretary can formalise the paperwork , this is why they have club secretaries.

I don't know how the system works , what it looks like or who uploads what, only that only 1 person under the FA rules has the authority to submit it

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Surely Broughton has not been sacked simply because the owners doesn't want to pay compensation. Penny pinching is more important than anything else. Who needs basic professionalism? If it's true that he and his minions were celebrating this shit transfer window, then that's concerning. 

Maybe his departure will be announced next week.

On 09/02/2024 at 09:34, NeilInBristol said:

Just spotted this in the mirror article

Such a mess. Poor chap 

McGuire, who celebrated his 23rd birthday holed up in a hotel in Blackburn while he awaited his fate, has now returned to Orlando and Rovers hope to sign him in the summer.

I'd be willing to bet that Rovers delegation never make that flight across the Atlantic now.

New manager, possibly new targets

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I'd be willing to bet that Rovers delegation never make that flight across the Atlantic now.

New manager, possibly new targets

The evening before the QPR match I was driving and listening to Radio Lancashire and one of the guests was Nixon. He was there primarily to talk about the transfer window and the banning of Tomasson from speaking to the press but he definitely said a Rovers delegation is due to fly out to India soon for discussions with the owners. He didn't elaborate any further than that.

6 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

The delegation are probably going to Castle Greyskull to be told to reduce the budget by 50%, no more transfers with any fees and so on. They should be urging the Raos to eff off and sell the club but that would mean they'd be replaced by competent people.

Snake Mountain more like.

• Like 2

On 10/02/2024 at 10:54, glen9mullan said:

I think it's in the rules that only the club secretary can formalise the paperwork , this is why they have club secretaries.

I don't know how the system works , what it looks like or who uploads what, only that only 1 person under the FA rules has the authority to submit it

I can find a rule saying only an authorised signatory (usually the CEO or Secretary) can sign the transfer documentation.

I can’t find one saying they’re the only people who can submit it.

Theres every chance I’m just missing it though.

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I can find a rule saying only an authorised signatory (usually the CEO or Secretary) can sign the transfer documentation.

I can’t find one saying they’re the only people who can submit it.

Theres every chance I’m just missing it though.

This would make more sense to me. The more senior you become the more clueless you seem to become when using portals (generally) I've tried to teach 3 different financial controllers how to log on to various portals to review, approve and submit various documents. Within 2 minutes they've all said "are you able to email me all the documents and I can approve via email and you just make sure we file the email chain somewhere and you submit it for me" 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

This would make more sense to me. The more senior you become the more clueless you seem to become when using portals (generally) I've tried to teach 3 different financial controllers how to log on to various portals to review, approve and submit various documents. Within 2 minutes they've all said "are you able to email me all the documents and I can approve via email and you just make sure we file the email chain somewhere and you submit it for me" 

I’ve had jobs where only a certain person could sign certain documents but other people (including me) could draft them.

Initially these people would check my work before signing but after a while they’d just sign away without a second thought.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Noticed McGuire still has Rovers in his bio on Instagram -  A few whispers yesterday saying we’ve got him tied up in summer? Not sure if anyone else has heard anything.

I hope not. 

The last manager walked because they wouldn't back him - I'd be livid if they signed McGuire in the summer now. 

Interesting that Koumetio couldnt even make a 9 man bench on Saturday. We obviously played a back 3 and had no Wharton or Pickering, yet a full back in Chrisene was played there instead ans when he was needed at wing back, 3 right footed centre backs was the alternative. Hard to see him getting a game.

He seemed to be a bit of a desperate signing as a last minute loan having struggled for a game at the bottom of Ligue 2.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Noticed McGuire still has Rovers in his bio on Instagram -  A few whispers yesterday saying we’ve got him tied up in summer? Not sure if anyone else has heard anything.

Absolutely zero chance he'll ever wear a rovers shirt. They'll have no intention of spending the reported fees on him next summer. More  like they hope we'll all forget about him between now and summer and bring in someone cheaper or free.

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Gregg keeping a low profile since the latest debacle.

Wonder when he'll re-appear to weave some more spin?

I don't think we're likely to hear from him until the summer now. If rumours are to be believed about him possibly leaving, we may not hear from him again.

Looking at the last few days of the window, it feels like others might have overseen transfer matters. I could be wrong, but McFadzean and Fleck don't seem like his type of signings.

The appointment of Eustace isn't in keeping with the 'project' of wanting to play a particular style to increase player value. Didn't GB say that the plan was to find another head coach to carry on with the same identity whenever JDT did leave?

It looks to me as though a few down there are now bricking it about relegation, therefore the 'project' is on hold for a few months. 'Just stay in the Division' being the aim. Remember Waggott stating in the bus interview that we can't afford to go down and the aim is to avoid relegation. That's all the next few months will be about.

There doesn't seem to be much urgency to act when faced with the opposite scenario, but the threat of relegation shakes them up. That's what the QPR result and being five points off the drop zone did to them, imo.

I've got a feeling we won't be hearing the word 'project' again. That requires an end goal, and only two people in the building believed the end goal of the project was to become a 'sustainable Premier League club'. One of those people has gone. The other might be about to follow him too.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68341348

So unfair. We can't conclude a deal on deadline day but these lot can sign someone a month later

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's how the free agent market works. Nothing unfair about it

Gayle is past it at this level, 34 years old now, and this season has scored less goals in similar minutes for Stoke than Ennis did for us (which is probably why Stoke replaced him with Ennis)

Gayle 0 goals in 402 minutes for Stoke

Ennis 1 goal in 424 minutes for Rovers

• Like 2