BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

been listening to the jimi hendrix singles collection, now that guy really was god.

by the way, does anyone know which, if any, hendrix record 'machine gun' appears on?

It's on the Band of Gypsies album. Axis Bold as Love is my favourite  hendrix album, espeically the title track itself - brilliant!  :tu:

totally agree, brilliant album.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any views on which of these is the better video to be the owner of?

Westway to the World

The Essential Clash

Ta.

Found out too late to warn you Rosie but 'Westway to the World' was on BBC2 last night, have taped and not yet watched it all, but it's a 1 hour documentary with short live clips.  

According to Amazon (via the BRFCS link) The Essential Clash is live tracks with a few music promos. but you can buy the 2 together for £28.48 on DVD.    They don't have The Essential Clash on video though.

Finally getting to see Iron Maiden at the Glasgow SECC on Monday.

:tu:  :tu:  :tu:

Unfortunately the God-awful Funeral For A Friend (wow, what a deep name for a band.... :sarc: ) are in support, but I'm sure I can shut my ears off long enough to ignore them.

Funeral For A Friend (wow, what a deep name for a band.... :sarc: )

That's nothing!  I once knew two lads who who members of a fledgling band (thankfully they perished) who went by the charming name of Sound Cancer.  Furthermore, I once knew a lad at university called Crispin (says it all) who fronted a band initally called Pelvic Overdrive who then changed their name in 1990(ish) to Legs Akimbo - just like the crap yoof theatre group in the League Of Gentlemen.  As you might expect, they were dreadful.

My cousin was the guitarist in Catatonia. But before he reached that zenith, he and his brother were in a Cardiff band  called The Crumb-Blowers. They wore see-through macks and wailed incoherently (sometimes in Welsh) Surprisingly enough they didn't last long.

On a lighter note the Fun Lovin' Criminals are coming to the my Union on the 22nd February. Brilliant stuff. :tu:

My cousin was the guitarist in Catatonia.

wow, doesnt that name bring back some memories of my youth

always thought they were a great band but never quite got the recognition they deserved apart from that stupid mulder&scully effort  :(

Just off to watch the INSPIRAL CARPETS at the Shepherds Bush Empire

moooooooooooo

The Inspirals were brilliant on Friday - as always.

Saw the Levellers on Saturday night, same venue, fairly disappointing.

And they're a scruffy bunch of lefties.

Off to see The Doors (of the 21stC) on Thursday at Wembley Arena. The fact that there's only 2 original members (and of course, no Jim Morrison), means they're little better than a "tribute" band to many people, but I still can't wait to hear some of the best rock music ever written played "live".

"There's a killer on the road, ......."

Off to see The Doors (of the 21stC) on Thursday at Wembley Arena. The fact that there's only 2 original members (and of course, no Jim Morrison), means they're little better than a "tribute" band to many people

Very much like the current Guns 'n' Roses set-up. It's just Axel Rose and some mates. A friend is always banging on about how he saw them at Leeds two years ago. In fact he saw a bearded, obese Rose and some guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head.

Off to see The Doors (of the 21stC) on Thursday at Wembley Arena. The fact that there's only 2 original members (and of course, no Jim Morrison), means they're little better than a "tribute" band to many people

Very much like the current Guns 'n' Roses set-up. It's just Axel Rose and some mates. A friend is always banging on about how he saw them at Leeds two years ago. In fact he saw a bearded, obese Rose and some guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head.

hey

i went to that festival and thought that guns n roses were fantastic

not really been into them before, thought that rose was ace and by heck i would wear a kfc bucket on my head if i could play guitar half as good

a mate of mine went to see them on friday night said they were ace

also saw levellers at a festival ages ago and they hardly played any hit songs just a load of dodgy stuff and oh yes they are scruffy something or others :D

What proved to be the gig of my life very nealry ruined by the obligotary crowd surge inducing b'stards....very nealr died of dehydration. Anyway, fantastic gig, Paschendale and Journeyman from the new album were simply breathtaking live.

And the abuse handed out to Funeral For A Friend was legendary. Chants of "Maiden, Maiden, Maiden" and "We want Gamma Ray/Anthrax/Helloween/Dio" between every song. Plus the bass player heard my mate shouting "YOU GUYS SUCK!!!" Serves 'em right for dishing out 45 minutes of audio diaorrea.

Gamma Ray/Anthrax/Helloween/Dio

Dont laugh but who are these people and what music to they play.  I would imagine from your other posts that they play loud bang your head against the wall type of stuff - no offence intended

Gamma Ray/Anthrax/Helloween/Dio

Dont laugh but who are these people and what music to they play.  I would imagine from your other posts that they play loud bang your head against the wall type of stuff - no offence intended

Gamma Ray (Sweden) - 'melodic' Power Metal. Singer/guitarist Kai Hansen used to play guitar for...

...Helloween (German), one of the early Power bands. Again, fairly melodic, sometimes.

Anthrax (American) - Thrash Metal. A bit like Metallica crossed with Judas Priest.

Dio - come on...Ronny James Dio? Ex-Black Sabbath??

For those of you who like The Strokes or similar give Franz Ferdinand a listen, particularly Take Me Out.  One of the best songs I have heard in a while, although it's a bit of a pig to find if you are trying to download it.

Well worth it though, get looking now!

For those of you who like The Strokes or similar give Franz Ferdinand a listen, particularly Take Me Out.  One of the best songs I have heard in a while, although it's a bit of a pig to find if you are trying to download it.

Well worth it though, get looking now!

Yes, I can certainly endorse that view.

Take Me Out is a quality offering.

Equally pleasing to my ears at the moment are 'Just Because' - Jane's Adduction and 'Hysteria' - Muse

Yes I know Jane's Addiction is a few months old but it doesn't stop it being damn good.

Just off to watch the INSPIRAL CARPETS at the Shepherds Bush Empire

moooooooooooo

Always found it unfair that when people talk of bands spawned from 'Madchester' that the Inspirals don't get so much coverage.

They had more success than the roses or the mondays but are portrayed as the poor relation. Anyone who's heard Dragging Me Down, Saturn 5 or Move can't fail to be impressed at how good they actually were/are.

By the way, Mani from the roses was on Soccer AM on Saturday and he intimated that he'd love a reunion tour 'before they all get too old'.

Come on lads , you know it makes sense.

Imagine how hard it will be to get those tickets...

Anthrax (American) - Thrash Metal. A bit like Metallica crossed with Judas Priest.

They pioneered rap-metal (their version of Public Enemy's "Bring The Noise" is fantastic), started the whole "I don't have to have long hair to be hardcore" thing, did some serious stuff (Indians for example) but never took themseleves too seriously (Rap track I'm The Man and Startin' Up a Posse spring to mind).

After work I think I'm going to have to drag out my oedivnikufesin video and burn the soundtrack to CD for the train journey tomorrow.