SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently listening to ryan adams esp the song so alive wich is just class.

P.s. can some one help me ryan adams released a song last year wich was a good un but for the life of me i cant think of it do ant of you lot know what it is

Summer of '69 ?

P.s. can some one help me ryan adams released a song last year wich was a good un but for the life of me i cant think of it do ant of you lot know what it is

Summer of '69 ?

:D  :laugh:  :D

First, for all the Stevie Ray Vaughn fans, how about Robert Cray? Definitely one of my alltime favorites. Heck of a Blues guitarist and song writer.

Second, my friend and I were talking about great bands/artists that have lasted a long time and had a ton of hits. The topic came up when I made a mix of Michael Jackson songs and was able to get 80 minutes worth of songs (mostly hits), despite never having owned one of his albums.

We were thinking, how many artists could you do that with? Came up with a parital list: Stones, Beatles, Billy Joel, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Beach Boys, Elton John, maybe Queen, maybe Van Halen.

I'm sure there are a ton I've missed, anyone?

Summer of '69 ?

:D

Oh please never yell that out at one of his concerts, Ryan likely to jump into the crowd and try to belt you  ???

First, for all the Stevie Ray Vaughn fans, how about Robert Cray? Definitely one of my alltime favorites. Heck of a Blues guitarist and song writer.

Second, my friend and I were talking about great bands/artists that have lasted a long time and had a ton of hits. The topic came up when I made a mix of Michael Jackson songs and was able to get 80 minutes worth of songs (mostly hits), despite never having owned one of his albums.

We were thinking, how many artists could you do that with? Came up with a parital list: Stones, Beatles, Billy Joel, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Beach Boys, Elton John, maybe Queen, maybe Van Halen.

R.E.M,Elvis,The jam,Kylie,Tom petty,Crowded house,U2,Prodigy,Oasis,Blur,Smiths

The Hendrix version of 'Little Wing' is brilliant (if indeed it's the same song)

Hendrix wrote it. It's on "Axis: Bold As Love" released in 1967.

Second LP I ever bought (not in 1967, I hasten to add)

(assuming that it is the same track under discussion)

R.E.M,Elvis,The jam,Kylie,Tom petty,Crowded house,U2,Prodigy,Oasis,Blur,Smiths

...Robbie Williams, Bananarama, Westlife, Rod Stewart,  Roxy Music, The Wedding Present ( 12 top thirty hits in one year!) , Cliff Richard, AC/DC, The Clash, The Stranglers, Rene and Rena... :sleep:

• 2 weeks later...

The in-car CD has just had an overhaul and now comprises:

The Stooges - 1st album

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Searching for the young soul rebels

REM - Reveal

Television - Marquee moon

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By the way

The Coral - Magic and medicine

It almost makes driving to work and home worthwhile!!

Most recent aquisitions:

Rhapsody - Rain Of A Thousand Flames

Falconer (complete with new vocalist) - The Sceptre Of Deception

And I've, *coughcopiedcough* ThunderSteel by Riot and Burning Earth by Firewind - now there's a chuffing album :tu: .

PS: Anyone else gutted about Nick Oliveri leaving Queens Of The Stone Age? :unhappy:

The Stooges - 1st album

Blimey Drummer,

Never thought I'd meet another Stooges fan.

"Out of my brain on a Saturday night...."

Rovers lost again

Well, Colin - class is permanent!!

It's hard to believe The Stooges came out so far ahead of the rest - a bit like "Metal Box" which was also years ahead of it's time and stands the test of time equally well.

Apart from that, Iggy does have the knack of being outstanding when the mood takes him ....... and it does on this one, although if I had to choose, I would go for "Fun House" in preference.