BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Does anyone else think that Jet's "Will you be my Woman" is one of the finest singles for many, many years? seems to me that's how rock music was and should be.

I think it's great, I bought the album off the back of that song and it's...well, utter rubbish. Great song though.

Edited by LeChuck

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think that Jet's "Will you be my Woman" is one of the finest singles for many, many years? seems to me that's how rock music was and should be.

I think it's great, I bought the album off the back of that song and it's...well, utter rubbish. Great song though.

It's not that bad.

Granted there is some filler, but there are several quality songs on it.

It's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" isn't it? Sorry for being pedantic. Tis a great tune and no mistake. The album is average at best though - hopefully they'll improve on the next one. It's all been done better before - try Powerage or Let There Be Rock - in fact any album by AC/DC when Bon Scott was the singer.

I got a second hand copy of Blind Guardian's Tales From The Twilight World for £5 the other day which is just fantastic when HMV sell all their albums for £17 at the very least. dry.gif

You got Absolution yet young man? laugh.gif

I'm listening to Pearl Jam is I write this. Top band. I'm also into some new American bands, called Trapt and Story Of The Year. Their stuff is mostly on Kerrang is pretty good. I downloaded the albums, which saves me £15.

I'm listening to Pearl Jam is I write this. Top band. I'm also into some new American bands, called Trapt and Story Of The Year. Their stuff is mostly on Kerrang is pretty good. I downloaded the albums, which saves me £15.

I'm seeing Trapt next weekend at the download festival, might have to get the album before i do, liked what i've heard so far.

Oh yea, Pearl jam rock!

Just Champagned Mozzer's album sorry BOUGHT IT AT ASDA. Had it on in the car, haven't made my mind up yet.

"I've been dreaming of a time when

to be English is not to be baneful

to be standing by the flag, not feeling shameful"

Oh Aye.

Edited by adopted scouser

Slits - Cut

Good heavens! I thought I was the last person in the world to own that one.

Currently listening to the music from "Twin Peaks" but it's sending me to sleep.

Time to unleash Lemmy.........................

...and it's the first day of the Download Festival in Glasgow today. As if it's not enough of a kick in the teeth that bands like Slayer and Cradle of Filth are playing the dates in Donington but missing this one, the b'stards have the audacity to charge more money for the first day tickets than the second because Metallica are playing. I'd have considered going as well if the prices were equalled out, but to pay £45 to see one really good band and a shower of crap ones....no thanks.

Two potentially good new albums due out next Monday (7th June):

The Datsuns - outta sight/outta mind

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

I've only heard the first singles from both this albums and both are great. Slash is an amazing guitarist - I love the solo on Slither. The Supregrass Singles comp is also out on Monday - lots of music to listen to, lots of money to be spent!

Two potentially good new albums due out next Monday (7th June):

The Datsuns - outta sight/outta mind

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

I've only heard the first singles from both this albums and both are great. Slash is an amazing guitarist - I love the solo on Slither. The Supregrass Singles comp is also out on Monday - lots of music to listen to, lots of money to be spent!

Had a "preview" of Velvet Revolver for a couple of days, not a bad album and one i think will grow on me.

Slither isnt my favourite track mind, reminds me of Ugly Kid Joe in their menace to sobriety days.

Creed have broken up.

Funny how a lot of bands can't seem to stay together a long time.

Long gone are the days of bands like RUSH, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Deep Purple sticking around for lenghty spells while other potential great bands like GnR, Creed, STP, Soundgarden call it quits after a short while.

Oh well, it's not about the fans I suppose. huh.gif

Creed have broken up.

Woo Hoo user posted image - one Christain Rock band down, now if Nickelback split up the music World would be such a better place. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Death to tedious, Pearl Jam lite Christian Rock. Please God let Nickelback quit as they realise their crapness, followed by Evanessence, Coldplay, Moron 5, Blink 182, Madonna and Good Charlotte for similar reasons.