BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

I have also been listening to Kings of Leon. Its very good but why does every decent release have to be "the best debut album for 10 years".

Now its Kings of Leon last month it was The Thrills and last year it was The Strokes.  All good,but come on!

kings of leon is a decent listen indeed

to see more of this blatant b****cks advertising you want to try to read the nme more often, cant believe how any decent album out in any month is the best debut album since the last album they liked the month before

absoloute drivel!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Roots-Phrenology is a great album. Also as I saw in Paris a couple of weeks back they are great live.

Stereophonics-I've been a big fan for a few years, and despite many good reviews I was extremely dissapointed by "J.E.E.P", and so was reluctent to buy "You Gotta Go There To Come Back", especially as I'd heard some bad things. It's certainly not their best album, it's a different sound, but worth a listen and worth the buy if you are looking for a summer cd and out of ideas as I have found out.

Got to say I'm a bit disappointed with The Coral's 'Magic & Medicine'. It could grow on me but after listening to it a few times I feel a bit let down. Very slow & one paced, I think they've borrowed a lot of thier sound from the La's (yes I know there both from Liverpool) & I was expecting something more original & fresh. One of the band members name is Power's, anyone know if he's related to John Power's from the La's & Cast.

The Roots-Phrenology is a great album. Also as I saw in Paris a couple of weeks back they are great live.

Stereophonics-I've been a big fan for a few years, and despite many good reviews I was extremely dissapointed by "J.E.E.P", and so was reluctent to buy "You Gotta Go There To Come Back", especially as I'd heard some bad things. It's certainly not their best album, it's a different sound, but worth a listen and worth the buy if you are looking for a summer cd and out of ideas as I have found out.

Don't mention Stereophonics!  They used to be my favorite band by a long way, Word Gets Around was, and still is, one of the best albums in the last 20 years.  Performance and Cocktails wasn't quite up to that standard but was still an excelent album.  Then along came JEEP... ****  I can't believe what's happened to them.

On a different subject is anyone going to the Leeds festival on the 22nd?  I'd rather be going to V but still can't wait to see some of the bands they have lined up

Is it me or is anyone else getting a little sick of hearing about the darkness?  I think these guys have got to be the most over-rated band since Coldplay (that in its self will upset some of you)

Anyway, what do the rest of you think?

The Darkness rock... New gigs at Manchester Apollo just gone on sale.

Overrated bands are the White Stripes and the Strokes.

On LeChucks different subject, I'm at Leeds only on the 22nd.

They used to be my favorite band by a long way, Word Gets Around was, and still is, one of the best albums in the last 20 years.  Performance and Cocktails wasn't quite up to that standard but was still an excelent album.  Then along came JEEP... ****  I can't believe what's happened to them.

On a different subject is anyone going to the Leeds festival on the 22nd?  I'd rather be going to V but still can't wait to see some of the bands they have lined up

word get around is a great album, then followed s**t

im going to leeds for all the days, really looking forward to it, even though white stripes have pulled out  :(

Don't know if they have been mentioned in this thread yet, but i've just been listening to "The Beginning stages of the Polyphonic Spree" for about the last 3 or 4 months!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Give them a listen and i guarentee you will be happy the rest of the day

Word Gets Around was, and still is, one of the best albums in the last 20 years.

Hmmm.

It would seem according to Nelly that you are well qualified to write for the NME.

:D

heh maybe, although I've only said it the once...maybe if I repeat it a few more times they'll give me a job

Word Gets Around was, and still is, one of the best albums in the last 20 years.

Hmmm.

It would seem according to Nelly that you are well qualified to write for the NME.

nice   :D  :D

is a cracking album though, but at least they dont keep harking on about it coz its ages old and not as good as each new band they seem to jump on every week with a debut album

Yeah I just heard the pulled out, is it cos of Jacks broken finger?  They were the band I most wanted to see, are the The Darkness going?

white stripes pulled out, unfortunately its due to his damaged finger from the car crash, they have got black rebel motorcycle club to replace them so it should still be cool

yes the darkness are playing at leeds

will be on the main stage on the sunday 24th prob 2nd or 3rd band on.

I will be looking forward to seeing them,

but to write for the nme do you really need anyones sayso coz judging by some of the drivel in the paper this week, i reckon anyone could have a go

sorry to always blow the same trumpet but i recently purchased the pearl jam 'single video theory' dvd (i know not a cd but this is the only relevant thread) and like everything else associated with the band... quality.. is more of a documentary looking into the making of 'yield' (some say pj's best album along with ten) and is a very interesting watch....

also to add to this the 'touring band 2000' dvd which i purchased a while back,.. but thought i'd mention.. as is even better in all honesty, 30 odd live songs from various u.s. shows..

pj.. i love you  :)

There's some quality Australian rock bands who aren't known in the UK much as yet. Just got Powderfinger's new CD Vulture Street and its a bit Stone Roses, bit Oasis, bit Strokes, bit good!

Find out about the other class Aussie rockers at the Triple J website (www.abc.net.au/triplej).

Belle & Sebastian, Nick Drake, Badly Drawn Boy, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci and the Smiths are the bands usually on my CD player.

As for the debate of British vs American ... has to be British! American music is so one dimensional. Not denying some truly brilliant bands have from there, but lately all they churn out is bland rubbish. Not that Britain is producing much good stuff mind.