SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Zack voice was so much more original and grungy than Chris.  Also Zack was a lyric genius and knew how to rock...hard.  

Some of you have real bad taste:

What to listen to:

Mudvayne

System Of A Down

Metallica

Glassjaw

Alkaline Trio

[spunge]

The Libertines

Less Than Jake

none of this 'fiddy cent' crap

Messiah,

It's OK to state your preferred taste in music.

It's a big step to slag off anyone else's.

So take it easy. I'd rather chew off my own kneecaps than listen to Donny Osmond, but Mrs Colin quite enjoys him.

And Mrs Colin's Mum & I will be going to see Nick Cave the next time he shows up around here.

And she likes Julio Englasias.(sp?)

There's plenty of room for all of us, so don't get pigeon-holed.

Here's a question: if Audioslave are simply Rage with a better frontman (Chris simply has a better voice than Zack), why are Rage so much better? Hmmm. ???

I disagree. Zack voice was so much more original and grungy than Chris.  Also Zack was a lyric genius and knew how to rock...hard.  

What to listen to:

Mudvayne

System Of A Down

Metallica

Glassjaw

Alkaline Trio

[spunge]

The Libertines

Less Than Jake

Mudvayne

System Of A Down

Glassjaw

Alkaline Trio

[spunge]

The Libertines

Less Than Jake

great selection of well respected great performers there.

bad taste?

I got 2 new albums this week, the debut album by Longview, a nice little chilled number, great to relax to, and the return album from Janes Addiction, which is superb.

Great to have them back.

Tell me more about the Jane's Addiction album as this is a "possible" for next time I have a few quid spare. Is it as they were or more like someone else?

Ive just aquired a copy of white stripes ...elephant.

It has to be one of the greatest 1st time listens ive heard it blew my mind..10 listens later and it gets better and better each time i hear it..

PURE CLASS!

Yea, its a cool album, isn't it? I love track number 14 the duet wth Holly Golightly! A real catchy tune in my opinion!

Is it me or is anyone else getting a little sick of hearing about the darkness?  I think these guys have got to be the most over-rated band since Coldplay (that in its self will upset some of you)

Just because they wear tights does not give them a new edge - Freddie Mercuary did that long before (damm right Queen still rock) And I don't get why the lead singer thinks that screeming sounds good.

Anyway, what do the rest of you think?

Yea, its a cool album, isn't it? I love track number 14 the duet wth Holly Golightly! A real catchy tune in my opinion!

wow, coincedence or what

just reading the last 2 posts and jack & megs track 14 comes on my player at work, its one of the 3 or 4 of that album that i really like.

got to admit that its a really catchy tune and im just hoping that they will play it live at leeds in the summer.

I got 2 new albums this week, the debut album by Longview, a nice little chilled number, great to relax to, and the return album from Janes Addiction, which is superb.

Great to have them back.

Tell me more about the Jane's Addiction album as this is a "possible" for next time I have a few quid spare. Is it as they were or more like someone else?

It's them back and sounding like they never went away, even if you don't have the money spare, go without food for a couple of days and get it.

Here's a question: if Audioslave are simply Rage with a better frontman (Chris simply has a better voice than Zack), why are Rage so much better? Hmmm. ???

What to listen to:

Mudvayne

System Of A Down

Metallica

Glassjaw

Alkaline Trio

[spunge]

The Libertines

Less Than Jake

Mudvayne

System Of A Down

Glassjaw

Alkaline Trio

[spunge]

The Libertines

Less Than Jake

great selection of well respected great performers there.

bad taste?

I'd leave System out of that list before shooting it down - they're a cut above this Nu-Metal/"Grindcore" crap polluting the airwaves. The rest are truely gash though - Mudvayne make Slipknot sound like Mozart.

fair enough but personally though i appreciate SOAD are a biggish band now, i feel it is mainly due originality rather than talent or general tendency to make good records.

thats just my opinion though.

What doesn't he cover?  He has no level of talent so he just copies (almost exactly) other successful songs.  Crikey, I was accused of having a nobbie williams song on a cd on holiday and it was by World Party but he'd covered that an' all!  grrrr.  :unhappy:

wow, coincedence or what

just reading the last 2 posts and jack & megs track 14 comes on my player at work, its one of the 3 or 4 of that album that i really like.

got to admit that its a really catchy tune and im just hoping that they will play it live at leeds in the summer.

Track two, Black Math, has been plyed a lot on the music channels recently but apparently "It's true that we love one another" is officially the next track to be released off the album! So I's say they will play it at Leeds!!

So I have a question for y'all. Sorry, that's the southern (American) in me coming out. A Brit in the 'States for too long I guess.

My question is; British music or American music? Which do you prefer? Which is leading the way?

I personally feel that British music is more diverse and I like that and in that respect I feel it's more progressive.

From Primal Scream to Massive Attack, Goldfrapp to Badly Drawn Boy, Chemical Brothers to Beth Orton, Radiohead to Coldplay. What a diverse set of music from such a small island!

Perhaps this deserves a thread of it's own? I don't know. Just thought it fitted here.

I love music and I buy at least a couple of albums each month and most of the time they are by British bands. True, we have our fair share of $&^# music (though thankfully I am insulated from that living in the 'States) but if you are a music lover you will dig out the good stuff. Anyway, I digress.

I am mostly listening to all of the artists/bands mentioned above as well as American artists such as DJ Shadow and recyling classics from Leftfield, U2, Depeche Mode and Cranberries.

it has to be american at he moment...

in my opinion ever since bands like the who and the stones, an even u2, the states have overtaken and left behind britain.

all the decades best performers.. pearl jam, nirvana, chili peppers, rem, metallica, soundgarden, audioslave, neil young(still), are all american bands...

i cant think of too many good british bands, u2 obviously, but they are head and shoulders above the other brits... and technacly,their not even british!

What doesn't he cover?  He has no level of talent so he just copies (almost exactly) other successful songs.  Crikey, I was accused of having a nobbie williams song on a cd on holiday and it was by World Party but he'd covered that an' all!  grrrr.  :unhappy:

On a similar (but not identical) subject has anyone noticed that the chorus of the most recent "song" by Girls Aloud has pretty much the same music as Wonderwall? Sampling/covering is one thing, but plagirism..........

whilst on the subject of music, does anybody on here like shed7 ??

as last night i went to see them play an one-off acoustic set in a tiny venue in hull, it was just the guitarist and singer and it was amazing :D  :D

as last night i went to see them play an one-off acoustic set in a tiny venue in hull, it was just the guitarist and singer and it was amazing :D  :D

I like some of their stuff, but I've got teh album "Maximum High" and didn't like the album tracks too much.

Stuff like "Chasing Rainbows", "On Standby", and "Disco Down" are top.

:)

I like some of their stuff, but I've got teh album "Maximum High" and didn't like the album tracks too much.

Stuff like "Chasing Rainbows", "On Standby", and "Disco Dow" are top.

:)

played all 3 of them and they were all ace, all sung fantastically by rick witter and most of the tiny crowd  :D

In order to cheer myself up after Duffer left I bought Pearl Jam live in Boston (no 68).  It's worth it for the acoustic set alone.

Buy it Shillito, buy it!

its on order... do not but fret simon.

i just wanna know why they cut off 'arc' i bet that would sound intersting live.

i just wanna know why they cut off 'arc' i bet that would sound intersting live.

Strange one that.

It seems the band made a decision before the tour started that Arc would not appear on any of the bootlegs.

Nobody seems to know why.

I have also been listening to Kings of Leon. Its very good but why does every decent release have to be "the best debut album for 10 years".

Now its Kings of Leon last month it was The Thrills and last year it was The Strokes.  All good,but come on!