SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought Hail to the thief by Radiohead today.

Although it is something of a return to form, it is nowhere near the majesty that was The Bends.

Will they ever return to such high standards?

Return to Form, they never dipped in my opinion.

It is almost impossible to top 2 of the greatest albums of all time (The Bends and O.K. Computer).

I agree.

The new album is absolutely superb. Cant wait till November to go and see them live!

I am seeing them at the men in november.

Love the new album especially Go to sleep, A wolf at the door and a Punchup at a wedding.

Favourites tunes at the moment:

Amp Fiddler-“Love And War”

The Rebirth-“The Journey In”    2 mega feel good summer tunes.

Bah Samba-“It Taste Good” (DJ Spinna Mix) who rocked the B’Bar on the Friday night at the Southport Weekender.

And amazingly-Elton John with MFSB-“Are You Ready For Love” on a White Label from the Thom Bell 77 sessions. Check out the break its got those Philli vibes, could be massive this summer!

Bloody hell nearly missed (because i've had to hunt the title down) love this TUNE.."Sky's The Limit" by Raphael Soodiq (Yam Who's Spiritual Rework)..Dogs Boll**ks

Anyone got the new Metallica albume yet?  Views?  It's the first Meticalla I've bought since Meticalla (the black one) back in the early 1990s. I like it - I think. Some of the riffs are mean as f**k. However, the song lengths are similiar to the ones on "...and justice for all", abit too long really.  It also reminds me of the old straight-edge bands like Decendance Within with the stop/start business.  If the songs had been a bit shorter, and they had stuck a few solos in, it would have been much better. 3/5 I reckon.

Ste :-)

metallicas albums are always a dissapointment. one or two standouts normally gets them through. s&m and garage ink (two live/ish) ones are there best.

best album i have ever purchased arrived today.. i know simon is a fan and its the pearl jam bootleg form the last leg of the american tour, state college. 39 tracks all superb!! they really are the BEST live band ever.

best album i have ever purchased arrived today.. i know simon is a fan and its the pearl jam bootleg form the last leg of the american tour, state college. 39 tracks all superb!! they really are the BEST live band ever.

I got that as well as Atlanta (no27).

They really are in top form.  I have been playing both of them non-stop for the last three weeks!

Looking on the website, Phoenix from the 2nd leg of the tour is a must.

Small Town, Given To Fly, Save You, Insignificance, Cropduster, Immortality, Blood, Breakerfall, Gimme Some Truth by John Lennon, Corduroy, Off He Goes, Even Flow, Daughter, Better Man, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror;

1st encore: I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty, Love Boat Captain, Black, Glorified G, Do The Evolution;

2nd encore: I Believe In Miracles by The Ramones, Indifference, Baba O'Riley

Another purchase I think!

never heard glorified g live. baba o reilly always makes it a worthy purchase.  :)

Glorified G is on Atlanta. Rarely done so one of the reasons I bought it. Along with awesome versions of Present Tense and Crown of Thorns/Chloe Dancer. McCready's guitar solo at the end of Black is astounding.

Probably my favourite boot. (So far).

St. Anger is ok.....I think.

The songs are too long, which is something I rarely say; its just that they go on and on with the same riff for too long - Th Call Of Ktulu, Disposable Heroes and One are massive without seeming so.

The drumming is suspect too at times - Lars Ulrich is a fantastic drummer, but it often sounds like he's just whacking a beer keg with a crowbar on St. Anger.

Also, no solos????

i'm one of the few that doesn't think much of Garage, Inc. Metallica were far better in the 80s, and I reckon their best record is the usually overlooked Ride The Lightning.

call of the tkulu????!!!!!!

isnt that just a muscial.... its on s&m aint it?

surely they havent shoved that on?

No it's an instrumental from Ride The Lightning (waaaaaaaaaay back in 1984 when Thrash meant THRASH) that got altered practically beyond recognition for S+M.

LISTEN TO MOGWAI

THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD

BUY ALL THEIR ALBUMS OR D/LOAD THE BEST 5 SONGS I.M.O:

XMAS STEPS

EX-COWBOY

TAKE ME SOMEWHERE NICE

MOGWAI FEAR SATAN

2 RIGHTS MAKE 1 WRONG

controversial im sure any 'gwai fans would agree

but give them a chance they make beautiful yet brutal music all from the heart

(some would call it post-rock but that would again be controversial)

try them u wont regret it

LISTEN TO MOGWAI

THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD

BUY ALL THEIR ALBUMS OR D/LOAD THE BEST 5 SONGS I.M.O:

XMAS STEPS

EX-COWBOY

TAKE ME SOMEWHERE NICE

MOGWAI FEAR SATAN

2 RIGHTS MAKE 1 WRONG

controversial im sure any 'gwai fans would agree

but give them a chance they make beautiful yet brutal music all from the heart

(some would call it post-rock but that would again be controversial)

try them u wont regret it

A mate of mine was in Mogwai before they got signed. Boy, is he kicking himself now.......... :laugh:

Im listening to Hail to the Thief, by Radiohead

actually i have been listening to it for 2 months now (god bless the internet)

its amazing

Rumour has it that out-takes were on the internet a couple of months ago and not the real thing.

Is that so?

Im listening to Hail to the Thief, by Radiohead

actually i have been listening to it for 2 months now (god bless the internet)

its amazing

Rumour has it that out-takes were on the internet a couple of months ago and not the real thing.

Is that so?

Initially the music leaked on the net were unfinished versions of songs, thoughg there was a second leak and those were the final versions that made the album.

Radiohead have hit the nail on the head with the new album again.

Like alot of peolpe on here, I'm listeneing to a mix-match of all-sorts...I'm getting into Led Zepplin, and Country (Gillian Welch imparticularly), but i still still listen to my old favourites like Terrorvision, The Who, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Norah Jones, The Rolling Stones...

hey simon i thought you could only buy the pj bootlegs via the site.... i was in hmv today and they are selling them (at 17 quid a go like) but its the princible!!!!

WTF!?

As I understood it they were going to select one bootleg from Aus/Jap and American tour leg 1 & 2 for release in the shops.

Which are they selling?

And £17! Mine worked out at £12.50 each including air mail.

BTW cant wait for the rarities album.

me neither!!!!!!! i personally think pearl jam should be ranked along side the who, zeppelin ect...

to be fair it was a japan one and an australian one, but i didnt realise they were releasing any.

they were both worth buyin', but i have so many pj cds including live stuff, i often wonder if its worth having any more.

so see you back in hmv tomorrow  :D