BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

hanks Posted on July 09 2003, 21:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've a good idea of what is being played down at Brockhall (Allegedly)

Gillespie- Go your own way (Fleetwood Mac)

Duffers-1 Irish Rover (Van Morrison)

Friedel- American Dream (Neil Young)

Flitty- I fought the law and the law won (Clash)

And maybe in a year's time this is what i reckon Dunny will be singing :   Stupid Mistake (Gareth Gates)  

How about:  OSTENSTAD (the eggman) & GRABBI (the walrus) - I am the Walrus (the beatles)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone got the new blur album, and if so is it any good?? an album ive heard VERY little about, but i think blur are a good band.

if the new albums out btw.

The new albums been out for a while now, there's are 2 singles released from it, both of them ok.

Can't say anything about the album, as I've only heard the 2 singles.

has anyone got the new blur album, and if so is it any good?? an album ive heard VERY little about, but i think blur are a good band.

Whilst out of time is a classic Blur song, the rest of the album disapoints and has fallen foul at the hands of Norman Bloody Cook (who produced afew songs) and misses the inspiration of Graham Coxon.

tucker Posted on July 11 2003, 01:07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (shillito15 @ July 10 2003, 19:04)

Whilst out of time is a classic Blur song, the rest of the album disapoints and has fallen foul at the hands of Norman Bloody Cook (who produced afew songs) and misses the inspiration of Graham Coxon.

Agreed, I always followed Oasis rather than Blur however I have given them a chance and you can easily see that they miss Coxon (although Geri leaving the spice girls was much worse  :D )

John Squire's first solo album is actually pretty damn good. I've had it a while now and hadn't played it for a while but played it today and it's a great little album. It's called "Time Changes Everything".

Whatever happened to The Seahorses? They were one of my favourite bands back in the late mid/late-nineties, the album was fantastic. Then they disappeared from the radar.

Whilst I wouldn't say the Seahorses album was fantastic, I thought it benefited from afew great songs and the rest were mediocre at best, they were still a good band. I think they made a comeback single but seperated due to a disagreement between Squire and the singer.

John Squire's first solo album is actually pretty damn good. I've had it a while now and hadn't played it for a while but played it today and it's a great little album. It's called "Time Changes Everything".

Whatever happened to The Seahorses? They were one of my favourite bands back in the late mid/late-nineties, the album was fantastic. Then they disappeared from the radar.

As tucker said, they were working on new songs when the called it quits. The singer had trouble with Squire's way of working so he left. The group then fell apart and Squire then looked for a new band but decided he should sing himself in the end instead of arguing with singers!

But check out his album though. It's really very good.

Anyone know anything about Reni's band?

The last two LPs by The Flaming Lips are superb (The Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi...). It seems it took them nearly 20 years to hone their sound, but they've arrived.

Always loved the Pixies. Still a big fan of Frank Black (2000's Dog In The Sand is a truly superb album). Pixies fans check out Bowie's cover of 'Cactus' from Surfer Rosa on the Heathen LP. The song is taken to a different plane! I love Bowie, too.

A band that have not been mentioned here at all are the fantastic Super Furry Animals, the best British band around at the moment, in my opinion. Radiator is my favourite album of theirs. New one out soon.

If anyone gets the chance to see The Darkness live, take it. What a scream!

Honourable mentions for Mogwai, Death In Vegas, Radio 4 and Goldfrapp.

But check out his album though. It's really very good.

just got back from seeing john squires at T in the park and have to say he was actually very good, i was a little wary at first but he really seemed to fit as a singer even during made of stone   :tu:  :tu:

Another Jammer! Welcome.

I know I said I wouldn't be buying anymore bootlegs after buying two from the 1st leg of the tour.

But OMG, PJ fans should take a look at the third Boston show.

A one hour accoustic set before the usual show.

In all nearly 50 songs!

Its a must!

Another Jammer! Welcome.

I know I said I wouldn't be buying anymore bootlegs after buying two from the 1st leg of the tour.

In all nearly 50 songs!

Its a must!

thats what i thought... do you get the acoustic set as part of the bootleg?

Another Jammer! Welcome.

In all nearly 50 songs!

Its a must!

thats what i thought... do you get the acoustic set as part of the bootleg?

The bootleg contains the whole of the accoustic set plus the normal rockin set.

Its on the website now. A bargain!

Guest jimmywb

I don't post on this forum but am a long time reader (i.e. I haven't just joined 5 minutes ago to post this!).

I am doing some research for my MSc on the effect of online music stores on offline stores and if you have bought music on the internet before I have an online survey at http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~m2jb2/questionnaire.htm  

I am just a few short of my target response rate at the moment so I would appreciate anyone who wants to filling it in........there is a £20 Amazon voucher in it for one lucky respondant aswell. Takes about ten minutes to fill in and you might get slightly bored but it'll take your mind off the Duffer situation for a bit if nothing else.

Thanks

Jimmy

Ive just aquired a copy of white stripes ...elephant.

It has to be one of the greatest 1st time listens ive heard it blew my mind..10 listens later and it gets better and better each time i hear it..

PURE CLASS!

I've had a bit of a splurge recently at the record shop, so thought I'd share it with you all:

The Cramps - Fiends of Dope island - if you buy one cd this year, it must be this it is fan-bloody-tastic. Primal R'n'R, energy, attitude - it has the lot!!

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By the Way - the best by this lot for some time and it is growing on me with every listen.

Kings of Leon - Youth and young manhood - smart debut worth a listen if you like the Strokes with a more bluesy southern fried USA feel.

The White Stripes - Elephant - agree with the earlier posting - instantly grabs the attention but let down by one or two "stocking fillers" towards the end.

Led Zeppelin - How the West was won - the ultimate live triple album, especially for part-time Zep fans like me. It makes me realise how good this band were at their peak which as an original punk, takes some admitting - so it must be good!!

British Sea Power - The Decline of - an impressive debut which I would recommend to you all as worth a punt.

Primal Scream - Extrminator -To complete my collection - I like it anyway!!

There you go - all good stuff.

taffboy,

If you like the VU I'd recommend some of John Cale's stuff.

"Fear" & "Slow Dazzle" are classics. Quite a few years old but (IMHO) worth a listen.

Guest Messiah_4k
Here's a question: if Audioslave are simply Rage with a better frontman (Chris simply has a better voice than Zack), why are Rage so much better? Hmmm. ???

I disagree. Zack voice was so much more original and grungy than Chris.  Also Zack was a lyric genius and knew how to rock...hard.  

Some of you have real bad taste:

What to listen to:

Mudvayne

System Of A Down

Metallica

Glassjaw

Alkaline Trio

[spunge]

The Libertines

Less Than Jake

none of this 'fiddy cent' crap