BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Fact is he wont resign and wont be sacked- so why not get behind him and the boys.

Apart from the top three, every other club is not far off each other. Also most other clubs think they should be doing a lot better this season but its been a funny old league so far and there is a long way to go.

My thoughts are that De Pedro and Josip Skoko will be with us in the next 10 days- as they are the only ones available and we can afford!

If we can afford Skoko we can afford Izzet...and I think there will be further developments in that story. A few signings may just excite some of the fans that have allowed apathy to set in, and may well get Souey some support back.

How the votes went in the November Poll,

Poll choices Votes Statistics

Souness must stay 247  [82.61%]

Souness should resign 11  [3.68%]

Give him till Christmas 41  [13.71%]

Who allowed Rover6 to vote 11 times - thats unfair  ???

Who allowed Rover6 to vote 11 times - thats unfair  ???

now now,im sure it wasnt rover6 who had all 11,I say he had 6 with Jim having 5.

Wonder how many of those who were willing to give Souey until christmas to turn things round would now vote to show him the door?

Wonder how many of those who were willing to give Souey until christmas to turn things round would now vote to show him the door?

Another poll maybe with the 3rd option being 'Till the end of the season'?

Souness should not be sacked.

Anyway this delivery guy came to my door yesterday,  i was wearing my rovers shirt, and he said "has he been sacked" i replied "who " he goes "souness" i then said naa he is doing ok now apart from brum last saturday.

methinks he was a dingle with a crappy job.

The title of this thread seems to have been cut short. Its full title was:

"Souness must go... and buy another overpriced has-been, Nationwide journeyman or a 'star' from one of Europe's minor leagues, give them a daft contract as the wage bill spirals further out of control, sell a few more genuine home grown stars to bail himself out of the financial mess he's created and then sit back and soak up the applause of the jester hat clad morons who blindly back him.

Souness must stay.

The title of this thread seems to have been cut short. Its full title was: Souness must go...etc. etc.

I imagine the equivalent thread on the Dingles message board (you know the one, it's nailed to that tree outside Turd Moor. If someone has nicked the chalk, just use a twig dipped in dog crap like the locals) would be "Stan Stan the Dingle man must go...up the road to Ewood to beg our more illustrious neighbours to lend us yet another player, on account of we broke the last one".

Souness must stay. If he goes then the club goes down.

Who would replace him? Hoddle, Reid ??? Souness leaves = relegation

Agree 100%

Future manager i would like to see though would be paul hart! (did wonders with forrest last season, not had good start to this though)

so Paul Hart has done more or less exactely the same as souness then! right? except that Souey has taken us from division 1, and done what Hart has done in the Premiership.

Why would you want Hart in instead of souness if thats the case? ???

Well modey actually aid he _agreed_ that he wanted Souey to stay and that he saw Hart as a manager for the future, and I think by future he refers to the future as in the day GS is no longer our manager.

oh yeah. too true.

I stand corrected   :unhappy:

The title of this thread seems to have been cut short. Its full title was:

"Souness must go... and buy another overpriced has-been, Nationwide journeyman or a 'star' from one of Europe's minor leagues, give them a daft contract as the wage bill spirals further out of control, sell a few more genuine home grown stars to bail himself out of the financial mess he's created and then sit back and soak up the applause of the jester hat clad morons who blindly back him.

Souness must stay.

Nationwide journeymen???  Rich, coming from the fan of a club who has to beg their fiercest rivals to borrow players.

Yes Souness must stay, you never know a new manager may not be so generous to you.

Souness should not be sacked.

Anyway this delivery guy came to my door yesterday,  i was wearing my rovers shirt, and he said "has he been sacked" i replied "who " he goes "souness" i then said naa he is doing ok now apart from brum last saturday.

methinks he was a dingle with a crappy job.

Dingles don't have jobs.

Correction, Dingles can`t get jobs.

On a more serious note there is only one way that I think Souness will leave the club and I think, well hope that it won`t come to this. I can not see the club sacking him, he`s done a tremendous job since he started with us in March/April 2000, whenever it was. If WE WERE to go down then I could see him resigning that`s it.

Once we start winning again on a winning streak, he`ll be fine.

:brfc:

This should be brought up again after Bolton. Big fat Sam has a team that fights and battles all the time and never gives up. We have a bunch of shrinking violets who wilt under the slightest bit of pressure.

Sure, we have no money at the moment, but a new person could kick the wasters into line like Souness did when he came in. If the latter was still alive, I'd say a combination of Alex McLeish and Uday Hussein as assistant manager would achieve this.

This should be brought up again after Bolton. Big fat Sam has a team that fights and battles all the time and never gives up. We have a bunch of shrinking violets who wilt under the slightest bit of pressure.

Not only that, he finds a space for creative players like Okocha and Djorkaeff.

Souness seems to think that the only way to get a solid team is to play work-horses and remove those who play the more individual type game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.