BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

TCJ I think he was saying the average sportsman reaches their peak around the 28 year mark, and no matter what you think that is true. I think you have to look for a mixture, and we've got that about right, anymore of either one and it would be too much.

ian muther******* dowe?! oh...i get it, your being sarcastic. :D

Well he has a decent track record in keeping Oldham in business in the second division, and has done enough for Simon Jordan not to sack him yet. He may be more of a long term replacement, but he seems to be doing pretty well at the moment.

I can't think of anyone else who could be remotely available who is good enough. Glenn Hoddle ?, Howard Wilkinson ?. It could be a lot worse than Dowie.

There is going to be an excellent Italian coach looking for a job in the summer.

Do you know, I think Jim has hit on something here!!

I'm a big fan of GS (unlike others around here), but would be seriosuly tempted at the prospect of our Claudio taking over. Problem is, I can't see him being interested and he'll be in demand at more glamorous clubs.

Oh, well - GS is still the best credibly available man for the job IMO.

Greame Souness will not leave Blackburn Rovers. Hopefully.

There can only be one candidate as England manager when Claudio gets sacked and Eriksson takes over at Chelski and that man is Claudio himself. The man is a genius, and a good guy to boot, unlike that wa***r Ericsson.

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell are we supposed to think....

Is he a good manager or not?

He finished 6th with us last season, but there were many things he did that I didn't like.

The way he treated David Dunn was disgraceful, and selling him has depleted our already very small squad.

What the hell is Steven Ried doing here?

Nothing by the looks of it! He's not starting a single match and well he's.... s###.

The way Rovers play football is very good, our defence is awful and needs attention to. Why isn't he paying any attention to the defence?

We have a toothless attack and we are lacking a midfielder on the left...Has he forgotten that we've sold Duff?

As a manager I don't think that he's giving enough attention to a side on the rise, therefore he should go.,..

Agreed Reid is hardly a replacement for Duff. We know we could never replace him but he could have done a better job. And sometimes you wonder what match he is watching with some of the substitutions he makes during matches.

For only your 3rd post this is a hell of way to introduce yourself.

Mods will probably move this to the "Souness must go" thread anyway.

On the subject or Reid, he has been injured for much of the season and we have yet to see his full potential. Playing for the Republic of Ireland he's been brilliant imo. Give the lad a chance.

Firenze, I can see some of your points, some of the signings he has made are questionable, but before you throw the knives at him, do you ever remember Divison One?

Souness came and got us out of that divison, when he took over, we were no hopers. Appualing , losing to Barnsley and Crewe at home.

Souness got us promoted, won a cup, european football, what we had of it.

We have had bad injuries this year which hasn`t helped, and the results some which have been bad, but you can hardly blame the schoolboy defending of team on Souness can you?

I`d just like you to think, where we were when Souness took over and where we are now, he`s done a good job.

:brfc:

A lot of people go on about the Worthington Cup victory - but I think that wasn't an impressive feat at all. You just need to look at the teams who've won the cup - Leicester, Spurs, Bolton or Boro this year - it's a two-bob cup.

The big clubs don't care a jot about it. Which is why we played Sheff Wed in the semi-finals and Arsenal reserves before that.

No, I think last year's 6th placed finish and getting promoted were far bigger achievements than the Worthy Cup win.

But if Souness wants to go down as a Rovers legend,imo, he needs to get us performing consistently in the league, middle to upper section of the league, and getting a bit further in the 'real' cup competitions on a regular basis.

The way he treated David Dunn was disgraceful, and selling him has depleted our already very small squad.

What the hell is Steven Ried doing here?

Nothing by the looks of it! He's not starting a single match and well he's.... s###.

Please explain how Dunns treatment was disgraceful, please define what you mean by disgraceful.

Secondly the money recieved for Dunn went on Emerton, Amorouso and Gresko, we signed all these three before Duff was sold, so in my eyes that is strengthening the squad (in numbers if anything else) from the slae of Dunn.

Steven Reid is currently injured, only a fool would judge him on the small amount of games he has played for Rovers.

About Steven Reid-  I think people have a right to judge from what they've seen.  He's another "one for the future" who'll end up being quietly shunted out of the club (a la Greer and Peltzer) when the future becomes the past.

About Steven Reid-  I think people have a right to judge from what they've seen.  He's another "one for the future" who'll end up being quietly shunted out of the club (a la Greer and Peltzer) when the future becomes the past.

So why crtiticize Steven Reid by saying he is ****.

Surely it is the clubs fault, if they are going to 'shunt him out'

I don't understand your point, you say it is alright to judge him on what we have seen as he is another one for the future who will get 'shunted out' by the club. Please explain.

I'm questioning how firenze came to the conclusion he is **** when he has played so few games.

Millwall fans thought he was quality, he had a couple of games where he has shown he has ability, i think he very good at passing and obviously has a real powerful shot although it never came off for him expect in a couple of long range free kicks.

his downfall maybe that he rarely beats a player down the wings, maybe as he gets older he may become a  good CM

Another quote that will be noted and may be used as evidence in the coming months (I hope :D ).  You've a bit of catching up on jim to do yet Jan - keep it up though.

1. You can't spell Pelzer, get your bloody facts straight.

2. How on earth are those two comparable to Reid, who's an established international? Greer was a very modest gamble, who at the time was lauded as the brightest young thing to come out of Scotland for years, and Pelzer was a free transfer FFS!

Your prediliction for bashing Souness at every possible turn is extremely wearisome. It's not even connected to the facts, it's rabid hatred of Rangers coming to the surface once more.

You could put Fisons out of business. Hell's bells.

:unhappy:

1. You can't spell Pelzer, get your bloody facts straight.

2. How on earth are those two comparable to Reid, who's an established international? Greer was a very modest gamble, who at the time was lauded as the brightest young thing to come out of Scotland for years, and Pelzer was a free transfer FFS!

Your prediliction for bashing Souness at every possible turn is extremely wearisome. It's not even connected to the facts, it's rabid hatred of Rangers coming to the surface once more.

You could put Fisons out of business. Hell's bells.

:unhappy:

thought Pelzer was around £400,000, sure he wasn't free but could be wrong

I think the problem is when you do look at Souness' transfer record is that he does not seem to 'add value' to any of his signings.  Where are the Bergs, Sherwoods, Lesaux s, etc.  Possibly some chance with Stead.  But the side at Charlton were all pretty much what you could call his 'team', who has he improved since they arrived?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.