BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd

According to the news tracker on BBC Sport he has been told he can leave. No great shocks after the incident a few weeks ago but a shame.

He was never the most gifted player but he certainly gave his all and hopefully he can leave and do ok for himself. Can't see him playing in the premiershp but think he can do a good job at first division.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any new team coming up will want him plus other like Bolton or Pompy.

He's a little unlucky, last three games four different centre backs and three clean sheets, if he was in the team he could have done the same.

It's a shame. Both, his attitude at the Leeds game and him told he can leave. He was brought in as a squad player and he did his job well this season and a handful of matches last season. I'm sure he'll have a few Prem clubs offering him a contract.

However on the bright side this means that Souness:

A: has finally realised that Nisse is a more than adequate central defender

B: is close to signing a central defender

C: A and C

It's a shame. Both, his attitude at the Leeds game and him told he can leave. He was brought in as a squad player and he did his job well this season and a handful of matches last season. I'm sure he'll have a few Prem clubs offering him a contract.

However on the bright side this means that Souness:

A: has finally realised that Nisse is a more than adequate central defender

B: is close to signing a central defender

C: A and C

oh A and C, I, see??????????

While Todd has been great this year, I find his reactions childish, and ffs NO ONE is guaranteed a place in team, if Todd can't handle that then it's his problem.

As a professional earning serious money every week you'd expect a bit more professionalism. If he can't handle not being the boss then we, I am afraid, have no rrom for him.

Mind you, this is not the first time Todd's left a club due to internal bust-ups.

the manager decides who's gonna play.

Pompey wanted him when we got him. Now they'll probably get him. Which is a shame because he's an excellent player.

Edited by Tugay4England

Lets just hope that whatever club bids for him realizes his talent and not his ego and bids accordingly. Souey could use every extra pound he can squeeze out of Todd.

I'm sure we all had high hopes for the youngster, but now we all have hopes of an inflated transfer fee...funny how a few months can change a perspective of an entire group of supporters

he had a few half decent games, but lets not get carried away.

the people who want him to stay are the same fans that would much rather see a striker chase a lost cause and dive into the hoardings than pull a defender out of position and be in a goal scoring position early.

he is clearly not good enough for a team wanting to finish top 10.

and before you all start bleating about his commitment when he came back from Burnley - of course he was goign to be commited. He'd been loaned out because he wasn't good enough and so had to make an enormous effort to try and stay at the club. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't hide the fact that he is simply not good enough.

Edited by AndyC

I'd prefer to have him stay as a decent backup, but if you lose you temper permanently after being understandably dropped when a) the defence was awful in the previous game & b ) you were ill and couldn't train the day before the biggest game of the season, then you aren't going to survive for long at any club.

Edited by The Producer

Lets just hope that whatever club bids for him realizes his talent and not his ego and bids accordingly. Souey could use every extra pound he can squeeze out of Todd.

I'm sure we all had high hopes for the youngster, but now we all have hopes of an inflated transfer fee...funny how a few months can change a perspective of an entire group of supporters

think he's been released which means no money for us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.