BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't know about where they do it to, but I've certainly never gotten one, of course there's no real point sending them over here though laugh.gif

Don't worry Rich, the club can't distribute them within a five mile radius of Ewood let alone Ireland. mad.gif

Well I don't know about where they do it to, but I've certainly never gotten one, of course there's no real point sending them over here though  laugh.gif

Don't worry Rich, the club can't distribute them within a five mile radius of Ewood let alone Ireland. mad.gif

Its done by mail to a database of all those who have purchased a season ticket in any year for as long as they wish to go back. Its nothing to do with location - idiot!

MCMC1875, could I just mention a few things to you,

1. I am not an idiot.

2. I have held an ST for 24 years, possibly longer than you have been alive.

3. For the past 15 years I have been carting 4 kids, all ST holders, to every home game since they were three.

Please treat me with the respect any individual is entitled to. If you can't don't bother to reply to my thoughts.

Well I don't know about where they do it to, but I've certainly never gotten one, of course there's no real point sending them over here though  laugh.gif

Its done by mail to a database of all those who have purchased a season ticket in any year for as long as they wish to go back. Its nothing to do with location - idiot!

Perhaps the comment was an ironic one?

laugh.gif it was..............Now has anyone got my coat out of the taxi

Sorry mate...I had the taxi taken to a deserted post-industrial wasteland and torched. Not only did your coat go up in flames but so did 'Paul's Big Book of Dodgy Puns'. Some said I was being harsh but all I say is that I was doing it for our children. They deserve a better world, a world free of Paul's Puns. Not too sure why your coat had to go as well but there you go...

On another note, how many season tickets did we sell in the end last year?

1. I am not an idiot.

3. For the past 15 years I have been carting 4 kids, all ST holders, to every home game since they were three.

Please treat me with the respect any individual is entitled to. If you can't don't bother to reply to my thoughts.

I also think you need to be careful what you say to others.

How can you 'guess' how long someone has been going to the Rovers for, season ticket or not ???

Just beacuse you have the funds to buy extra seats next to you doesn't make you anymore of a fan that the next guy.

I'm not suggesting I'm a better fan than anyone else. I'm pointing out to MCMC, who described me in successive posts as a moron and an idiot, that after 24 years of buying STs I have some idea of how it all works....

If that's a problem, I apologise.

1. I am not an idiot.

Gees mate are you loaded or something wink.giflaugh.gif

ST packs arrived this morning. I'm glad to say these seem to be an improvement on last year. The pack is half the size (cheaper), with the information clearly laid out. The only major change I see is that ST holders no longer receive 10% discount in RTM

very concerned that ST holders will reduce massively again this season. i've spoken to 12 ST holders in the last week (from Chorley/Euxton/Leyland) and not one will be renewing. They range from being holders from 10 to 25 years and see no benefit whatsoever in an ST apart from knowing where they sit.

They cite:

lack of passion from players

clashes with golf!

£10 tickets

missing 2/3/4 games due to hols.

those final two points mean they can pick and choose games as a non ST holder and save money; and when a big game comes they will always be able to get a ticket as we never sell out.

This is depressing but was replicated by many ST holders in the stand around me approaching the end of last season.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?

£10 tickets

Just out of interest, did you ask the person who cited £10 tickets as their reason for not renewing how many £10 matches there were last season?! I think they will be very surprised with the answer!

The club have got themselves in a difficult position because there is a percieved view of reduced tickets being reguarly available, which they are not.

I would warn anyone who is considering not renewing soley because of the £10 tickets. We dont know how matches matches will be like that this season, but if it is like last season, it wont be very many (certainly wont save you money over a season ticket!!)

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?

I don't think there is one.

I got the pack through yesterday and it was completed in a couple of minutes and sent back in the post with a cheque. (So there's no escape Kayos) As Paul said they're an improvement on last year as they already have all the details on the form. An idiot could fill it in in a matter of minutes, as I prove to myself.

The only reason for getting a Season Ticket is the lack of hassle. Lack of hassle in not having to ring up and order every other week, lack of hassle on knowing whether or not you'll get to sit where you want and also the guarantee that you will indeed get to see the team. Sure we never sell out but what if we do one day? It offers peace of mind.

Plus if we to go on a Cup run of sorts the ST holders get first choice for away games plus we can all avoid the mad rush for tickets.

Plus - we could all not get ST's but at the end of the day the money does actually help the club if it's provided up front. The thought that the club can now pay another 1.54% of Dwight Yorke's weekly wage cheers me up no end. Joking aside the club needs the money, it may even go towards buying another player in (or at least paying one off). Who know's?

The downside is that we won't be able to come on here or write to the LET and moan about a. "the amount of time I spent holding on the phone trying to get through to the Ticket Office" b. "I've been going to Ewood for 97 years and I'm disgusted that I can't get a ticket for the Quarter Final of the FA Cup at Shrewsbury due to the fact that they've only given us an allocation of 550" c. "I ordered my tickets from the TO yesterday and asked them to be posted out, this was at 4.55pm on Friday - it's now 7.35am Saturday and I still haven't got them - it's a disgrace Rovers."

i've spoken to 12 ST holders in the last week (from Chorley/Euxton/Leyland) and not one will be renewing. They range from being holders from 10 to 25 years and see no benefit whatsoever in an ST apart from knowing where they sit.

They cant be that good of a fan if they arent renewing when the club has actually done the right thing this year. We have some of the best priced season tickets in the league.

Well mine has arrived here in the land that time forgot.

I just wish the club had got things out sooner, I was trying to convince someone to get a season ticket, which ment me transfering my seat, to ensure we sat together.

With the deadline of the 19th very close, this could now present a problem, bearing in mind that person is going on holiday and wont be back untill after the deadline.

QUOTE (preston blue @ Jun 5 2004, 09:10 )

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?

Hey Bob whats this.

The downside is that we won't be able to come on here or write to the LET and moan about a. "the amount of time I spent holding on the phone trying to get through to the Ticket Office" b. "I've been going to Ewood for 97 years and I'm disgusted that I can't get a ticket for the Quarter Final of the FA Cup at Shrewsbury due to the fact that they've only given us an allocation of 550" c. "I ordered my tickets from the TO yesterday and asked them to be posted out, this was at 4.55pm on Friday - it's now 7.35am Saturday and I still haven't got them - it's a disgrace Rovers."

Shame on you ....................................More like.

LET.Headlines May 2005,

Fans refuse to turn up for victory parade after failing to get Cup Final Tickets

i've spoken to 12 ST holders in the last week (from Chorley/Euxton/Leyland) and not one will  be renewing.  They range from being holders from 10 to 25 years and see no benefit whatsoever in an ST apart from knowing where they sit.

They cant be that good of a fan if they arent renewing when the club has actually done the right thing this year. We have some of the best priced season tickets in the league.

That’s not the point really Scott, although I can see your point.

For whatever reason fans who had season tickets and aren’t renewing is entirely up to them. If it’s because they miss too many games or not or probably the main reason is that they don’t want to pay x amount of money to see the same sort of performances as they have done last season.

The club have done the right thing in giving the fans the opportunity to watch Rovers at very good prices. There will be fans that won’t renew simply because we had a poor season and that’s life.

We do have good prices but I heard Birmingham have season tickets that are slightly cheaper than ours. A young adult there is £180 compared to mine which is £210 with a loyalty discount.

Agree with Brian’s post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.