BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices

• Backroom
There were leaflets which arrived to me just over a week before my season ticket pack for renewal came along.

Hmm... wonder why I never got one of those tongue.gif

Agree with your sentiments though, Rovers are pulling out all the stops this year as far a prices go !

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess especially for juniors at that price being so low is to make it affordable for youngsters to come along and get to watch Rovers at an early age. If they like it then there’s more of a chance that they’ll be prepared to pay slightly more expensive prices as they get older.

Perhaps I should stress that for under 8's it's completely FREE the still extremely cheap junior price of £70 - £75 is for 8-15 year olds.

In the long term we need to keep these offers and try and hoover up all the school age support from Blackpool/ Burnley/ Preston/North Lancs /anywhere else etc.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

I guess especially for juniors at that price being so low is to make it affordable for youngsters to come along and get to watch Rovers at an early age. If they like it then there’s more of a chance that they’ll be prepared to pay slightly more expensive prices as they get older.

Perhaps I should stress that for under 8's it's completely FREE the still extremely cheap junior price of £70 - £75 is for 8-15 year olds.

In the long term we need to keep these offers and try and hoover up all the school age support from Blackpool/ Burnley/ Preston/North Lancs /anywhere else etc.

The key word in your post is STRESS, Rev.

I can guarantee that only a minority of Rovers fans (and none of anyone who lives in the area but doesn't goto footy because it thinks its expensive) will know about it. The club has one of the cheapest STs in the League but only few know about it. Just like the rest of the good news, it only reaches the first few rows of Rovers fans- which is a shame because if more knew about it, we would get more fans following Rovers.

RevidgeBlue – You’re right in saying that the junior price of a season ticket is £70 with loyalty discount or at a normal price of £75. Both terrific prices for younger and the next generation of Rovers supporters to coming through. Last season’s performances won’t help at all in increasing season ticket holders which we all know. But can you really see 6/7 year olds really wanting to come and watch Rovers after last season’s games especially at home?

Under 8`s only get in free for a season ticket unless they have had a season ticket in previous seasons, been scrapped the free season ticket for under 8`s which is stated in the season ticket pack.

Edited by roversismylife

But can you really see 6/7 year olds really wanting to come and watch Rovers after last season’s games especially at home?

My 7-year old does. It's cost me £75 for a season ticket for him + £5 booking fee to order a seat next to me over the phone (and then they rang me back to say I still have to travel down to the ticket office with his birth certificate before 19th June). How many games he actually attends remains to be seen. It could be money well spent if he stays interested throughout the season or a waste of £80 when he loses interest before the season starts.

He came to a handful of games in the 2002/3 season. The last one of which, we won 2-0 or 2-1. He didn't want to go again that season because it rained on the way out and there weren't enough goals. Other gripes he had were that the scoreboard didn't change often enough, the TV wasn't working and the bloke behind kept saying "Come on Oysterhausen!!".

He came to a handful of games in the 2002/3 season. The last one of which, we won 2-0 or 2-1. He didn't want to go again that season because it rained on the way out and there weren't enough goals. Other gripes he had were that the scoreboard didn't change often enough, the TV wasn't working and the bloke behind kept saying "Come on Oysterhausen!!".

I imagine that having to sit and listen to his dad all afternoon must put him off a bit too. biggrin.gif

Nuclear, experience tells me you have to persevere for 2 or 3 seasons. It works eventually, if you don't the danger is he'll end supporting Utd.

Nuclear, experience tells me you have to persevere for 2 or 3 seasons. It works eventually, if you don't the danger is he'll end supporting Utd.

There's no way that's going to happen!! I'll persevere! He's had Blackburn Rovers drummed into him since birth anyway. Rovers romper suits, Rovers bibs, Rovers T-shirts, Rovers shirts - he's seen me wearing all of them. Then there's Rovers books, calendars, programmes and videos all round the house. There's not much more I can do. Just need the team to start performing now...

There's no way that's going to happen!! I'll persevere! He's had Blackburn Rovers drummed into him since birth anyway. Rovers romper suits, Rovers bibs, Rovers T-shirts, Rovers shirts - he's seen me wearing all of them. Then there's Rovers books, calendars, programmes and videos all round the house. There's not much more I can do. Just need the team to start performing now...

Let him go for his own good!

When he reaches around 16 or 17 you'll wish you had released him into the wild.

Now one important thing. Have you prepared for the big question, the really difficult father to son discussion that's heading your way? This one, unlike the sex thing, you can't leave to his mother, it's far too important.

"Dad why can't I support Manchester United?"

Doesn't matter what you do it will happen at some point, probably at secondary school, first term. Get ready, it's tough going for a while. smile.gif

When he reaches around 16 or 17 you'll wish you had released him into the wild.

Now one important thing. Have you prepared for the big question, the really difficult father to son discussion that's heading your way? This one, unlike the sex thing, you can't leave to his mother, it's far too important.

"Dad why can't I support Manchester United?"

Doesn't matter what you do it will happen at some point, probably at secondary school, first term. Get ready, it's tough going for a while. smile.gif

Yes, I can safely say I'm dreading that day. Sometimes even now the conversation strays dangerously close to that awkward subject but I manage to quickly head him off with a subtle "I know, why don't I tell you where babies come from?!"

Let him go for his own good!

Do you mean let him go to Ewood or release him into the wild?

Release him into the wild. School, TV, magaizines, bullies, cheese and mates are much more of a bigger influence on your kids than you ever will be.

Release him into the wild. School, TV, magaizines, bullies, cheese and mates are much more of a bigger influence on your kids than you ever will be.

Sadly that's true! I do have less charisma than a block of Lancashire Crumbly! sad.gif

How depressing.

I'd kill myself but I've just forked out £450 on season tickets so I'll leave it until Christmas.

Sadly that's true! I do have less charisma than a block of Lancashire Crumbly! sad.gif

How depressing.

I'd kill myself but I've just forked out £450 on season tickets so I'll leave it until Christmas.

Do it before xmas, that way you don't have to bother getting presents, going round the in-laws, crap xmas dinners, falling asleep in front of the tv, having to go back to work the day after boxing day...

PNE are reporting sales to be up by 20%. Free season tickets to the under 8's is thought to be the over-riding factor.

Even so, 20% up after the poor season they've had. They will be matching our gates in the championship. ohmy.gif

Interesting.....

1. PNE sales are up - they have been awful this season (i know, i have paid to watch them, though I did negotiate some of my money back!)

and

2. They are offering Under 8s season tickets, while Rovers are withdrawing theirs.

If there is eveidence the two are linked I think that should be passed on to our club. Not sure it was dramatically increase our attendances, but it can only help.

ST forms back in the post to Ewood!!

On PNE I went to Dumpdale with neighbours a couple of times last season.

The ground is cheap and nasty but the atmosphere at games is far better than we ever get at Ewood...that is what attracts the younger kids who find it difficult to concentrate on 90 mins of dross on the field. The kids love the noise and the band; and the kids go to Dumpdale in droves.

On the + side well done to Williams with our ST package this time.

Been to deepdale several times also and cannot fathom what you are on about......no atmos or thousands of screaming brats...........but the crowds were only a paltry 11,000-12,000 and half of them had come to see the opposition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.